Aberrant RPG - Suggested Enhancement

z-Carver

I would like to propose the following enhancement for use on the N!Prime boards:

Stage Presence

a Mega-Charisma Enhancement

A Nova with this ability possesses more than the normal amount of stage presence. She knows when to smile at the crowd, when to spin, when to cry and even when to end the show.

System: Whenever the character is performing before an audience, the player may make a Charisma roll. For each success, the character recieves an automatic success when making Perform rolls.

Pretty good but it introduces a new mechanic. The existing ones are

1) For every success you get an extra die (this is pretty weak and is mostly limited to the Mental Prodigies... although I think the Voice might involve this).

2) +3 Autosucc (Non-combat rolls and/or social rolls).

I'd suggest #2. Actually I'd suggest scrapping mechanic #1 totally and always going with #2 just on the theory that rolling fewer dice is better... but for some reason WW didn't ask me. :rolleyes:

"The existing ones are ..."

Or +3 dice - there's a few with that. Mostly because +3 succ would be a bigger advantage than it should be. Accuracy, for instance.

I'd go with +3 succ for this, since it seems most in line with the others. Though, yes, it is pulling from Artistic Genius, so I guess it still follows, even though Artistic Genius is kind of the odd man out.

Carver,

After the forums discussion is finished, write it up using the format of the core book and submit for review by the Directors. PM it to me or one of the others.

After you submit it, we will send it back approved, declined with recommendations, or rejected outright. Afterwards, assuming you are willing to donate it for public use, we add it to the list of approved enhancements.

It isn't required, but posting it like this for forum discussion goes a long way to hammer out any problems ahead of time and speed up the review process.

Archived