Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Repercussions

z-Skye Angelus

“Uh! Er! I can answer the first two!” Skye was not eager to have the concept of ‘making out’ introduced to her boyfriend by a succubus. There was a long list of knowledges that just shouldn’t be gained from talking to a succubus or really any demon. Sex and all things related ranked pretty high on that list.

“In human schools, being a cheerleader often has a lot of status attached to it,” Skye explained, looking at the uniform and smiling a touch at the memories of her days on the squad. “Cheerleaders are athletes, which means they can earn honors and awards for their school through performance at competitions. It is also prestigious to earn a spot on the team, so those students who make the cut are given social status. Dating someone with high social status raises your own status, so yes, if Monster Academy affords the cheerleaders the same standing, then it would be something of note.”

Wishing that the succubus and warlock weren’t here now, Skye continued, “Making out is prolonged sexual contact. It’s a slang term for it.”

“Argh!” Delilah moaned, slumping forward dramatically. “That is such a banal way to describe such a beautiful thing! Kissing, necking, caressing, stro-”

“Alright! I think that’s enough!” Skye yelped.

“-king, licking, pumping, hump-” The demoness was practically purring each word, her face filled with rapture at the thought of each thing she was describing.

“Seriously, we don’t need all that!” Skye insisted, her cheeks growing brighter with each word.

“-ing, fondling, sucking, tong-”

Delilah!” Skye’s shout finally broke through the auburn-haired girl’s recitation. “Leave something for me to explain, ok?!” She took a breath and added, “More important than running through every word for foreplay in the book is Kurosoroshiimaru’s question: why are you helping us?”

"And Cheerleaders are hot!" the succubus added with a big grin.

Delilah pouted at Skye's exclamation - her description for 'making out' had been entirely uninformative in her point of view, and it wasn't as if she was demonstrating any of it... Although, if Kyohei had been there, she might have. Though Delilah supposed Skye would have more fun 'explaining' the various terms in private.

At Skye's and Kurosoroshiimaru's questioning of her motives, Delilah simply shrugged - though on a girl with her proportions, a shrug was never less than an eye-catching, almost seismic event - her smooth brow furrowing in puzzlement. "Why wouldn't I help you?" Her lips curved in a small grin. "I did give you guys a nudge together, it would totally suck if you broke up already."

"But you're a demon! A succubus!" Skye protested.

"So?" Delilah actually looked hurt, and mildly affronted. "Does that mean I can't do nice things? Because you're half-what-you-are, should I assume you're a raving lunatic who wants to kill us all? 'Cause, from what I've seen of your kind, that's how you should be acting."

Delilah glanced down, a sharp, obsidian nail digging at the desk, her habitually passionate expression shadowed by a trace of melancholy. "I'm... different I guess, I'm not like all the other succubae," Delilah admitted softly. "I grew up mostly in the Human World - admittedly, not like most of girls there, but the Human World nonetheless. And I can't make illusions or play with the minds of others... Well no more than what these let me." Delilah arched her back, sticking out her chest, taxing the knot she had tied in her shirt.

"But that's okay!" she said fiercely, though still not looking up. "I love being desired as much as the next succubus, and I savor the lust and love in the air. But I don't know what it's like for other succubae, but when that love and lust is honest, when it's really, really... real, it just... " a hand spun in a circular gesture as she search for the right word, "... tastes better."

Delilah finally glanced up, looking at Skye through lowered lashes, her big, purple eyes guileless. "But really, I'm just helping because you seemed so lonely and sad and angry here, Skye, and since you didn't seem to want to be my friend, I gave you a little nudge in Kuro's direction. And now, you smile, at least, sometimes you do."

Her sensual voice dropped to a bare whisper. "You're a half-angel, and I just found out who my was, what he was, and... I just wanted you to like me."

Delilah’s statement took much of the fluster out of Skye’s anger. The door that her boyfriend had already opened swung a little wider. It wasn’t anger that made her voice sharp as she said, “Don’t say that out loud, not here. Don’t talk about what I am.”

There was a bit of silence after the rebuke. “Look, guys… my mother was killed by a demon. No, I don’t know what kind it was. I’ve been raised to hate you guys. Every time I’m nice to one of you, I feel like I’m betraying her. I know that’s not true. I still feel it.”

It was the most honest that Skye had been with Delilah, or anyone other than Kurosoroshiimaro. The emotions were real as the half-human continued, “Look, I can’t… just turn away from what my mom taught me. I can’t just give it all up. I have to find a way to keep a balance between my heritage and what I want now.

“What you and I are… what we share… I understand. We walk a line between worlds and don’t really fit in either. We have to find a place,” Skye said, speaking earnestly. “Somewhere of our own.” She glanced at Kuromaru, trying not to think that that place might be with him. She wasn’t even sure where that was but it’d be fine if he were there. “I can’t be friends right now, though. It’s hard enough to be here without feeling like I’m letting Mom down.”

"A truce, perhaps?" Kuromaru suggested with an expressive wave of a long-fingered hand. "An acknowledgement of common ground, if not friendship." His white hair shifted and blew slightly in a breeze, the subtle scent of flowers reaching those present. He looked at Skye, green eyes catching the sunlight that shone in through the windows and gleaming like jewels.

"Both you and the succubus are unusual creatures. Rare. She is displaying dangerous vulnerability for one walking with monsters." He fixed Delilah with an impassive stare. "Were I not grateful for her... earlier actions, I would consider such vulnerability a weapon." His tone was typically matter-of-fact. "If she were to live in the Hells with true succubi, she would not last overlong."

He looked at Skye again and turned towards her, taking her hand in both of his and raising it towards his face. He brushed his cheek over the backs of her fingers, never taking his eyes from hers.

"Do I make you feel as though you are betraying your mother?" he asked Skye frankly. "For I would not wish to cause such upset."

Skye glanced at Darrik and Delilah, a little uncomfortable with Kuromaru showing her affection like this. But she liked it, too. She liked him to touch her and something about the way he brushed her hands like that made her stomach flutter. It wasn’t that much of a sexual caress but something about it left her feeling like he’d touched his lips to her instead.

That didn’t help with the conversation. Skye didn’t want to admit it, but he needed her honesty, just as she needed his. There were going to be a lot of people arraying against them; they didn’t need each other screwing with their emotions. “There’s no help for it, Kuromaru,” she said softly, feeling a little sad. “I was raised to hate you guys. I don’t anymore… I can’t.” She smiled at Kuromaro, her eyes filling with her feelings for him. “But I love my mom too and I can’t just forget everything she told me.”

She gently squeezed his hands. “I believe that in time, I’ll find the balance to be what I was raised to be and… uh… what I want to be… with you.” She blushed brightly at the admission. “The upset is there. It’s going to be there, for a while. It’s not your fault.”

He nodded, the cold brilliance of his gaze unwavering.

"I believe I understand. I am still adjusting to overcome the... habit I have of considering humans to be worthless." He straightened and changed, not letting go of Skye's hand as he shrank a couple of inches, his hair shortening and darkening to black, his face taking on some human colour as his glorious robes rippled and became the neat uniform jacket and trousers. The intimidatingly regal daiyokai assumed fully his human guise, caste marks and other telling features hidden behind the facade which was itself beautiful and regal, but in a more human way. He turned to look at the succubus.

"Delilah..." he glanced past her shapely shoulder at Darrik. "And... Warlock Darrick." Skye squeezed his hands again slightly, and Kuromaru's jaw muscles twitched. "Darrick. You both have my gratitude for the assistances both offered and rendered." He inclined his head to them in acknowledgement.

"Thank you."

Darrik stayed quiet, soaking everything up. This information about everyone else was... interesting, to say the least. He regarded the two with a quiet studying gaze. It was suddenly apparent to notice that if not on the level of Kurosoroshiimaru, Darrik was quite good-looking. It always seemed to be obscured by his attitude they had seen, but in the sedate moment, free of his defensiveness...

"Well, one knows that old prejudices die hard. True for anyone..." He quirked his lips, knowing that this was a die-hard fact for the world he lived in. "And I say you're welcome. For that matter, I didn't answer your offer, Kurosoroshiimaru. I accept. With the caveat that if any other magi make the same mistake those two did... I'll be the one they answer to. And believe me, they'll be answering for it all right."

"Oh, don't worry 'bout it, Kurosoroshiimaru," Delilah said airly, pouting slightly through her smile. She didn't think it was all that fair that Skye was more comfortable with Kuro than she was with her. She had met Skye first, and she was far more friendly and nice than the cold hengeyokai prince. "I don't think Skye is the only one who needed a little help to adjust to Monster Academy."

Delilah straightened her slender shoulders and arched her back, giving Kurosoroshiimaru a small, but sharp, sniff, her voice prim. "And I deal with other succubi just fine, thank-you. Just ask anyone on the Cheerleading team to see if I don't." The vivacious turned back to Skye, her typical grin back on her face. "And you do still want to join the Team, right, Skye? The girls, they really aren't all that bad, once you get to know them... And don't have anything they want, or are allowed to go after."

“Yeah, that’s encouraging. Because nothing says ‘not all that bad’ like ‘don’t have anything they want or are allowed to steal. That’s exactly what I want to hear. But still… I will attempt to join,” Skye said softly. She smiled a little as she added, “I’ve cheered in most of the schools I was in, anywhere they had it. I love doing it. It’s fun.”

“Then you should join,” Kuromaro replied.

“I can try-out,” Skye replied. “They might not take me.”

Kuromaru looked as if this were very doubtful. “Then they are fools.”

“Well, yeah, I like to think so,” Skye said, smiling at him. “I’m sure it’ll be fine.” She paused, pursed her lips to the right and then asked, “Are we done?”

"Well," Darrik responded, "I can only speak for myself, but it all comes down to whether or not your boyfriend accepts my caveat. If he does... you'll be free of this presence." He pursed his lips too, hoping the prince would leave things to him.

"Darrik, in all honesty, you can tell your people that the next ones that come after me for any reason can go back home in a body bag," Skye said, looking annoyed. "I won't be picked in for any reason and it won't bother me to kill a few demons to make that point. I'm not targeting anyone but I won't be made a target either. Especially not for the company I keep.

"As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to discipline your warlocks, if there's anything left after they come after me," Skye finished.

"Seconded." Kurosoroshiimaru said with flat calm. "Discipline the two morons who attacked Skye with my blessing, and spread the word to others that your protection is removed from those who indulge in any further games. If they hold you in any esteem, that should suffice." His green eyes glittered. "For assuredly, should Skye leave any alive, I shall not be so merciful as she. And you can no sooner prevent our justified vengeance than you can order the sun to stop burning, Warlock Darrik. You can issue the order, but you will end up seeming an impotent fool."

Darrik stared flatly at them, and and a cold flame glittered in his eyes. "I can't prevent you yes... but let me ask you something. How many did you kill in your high school in the Human World?" Skye flushed and retorted, "None. I defended myself as needed-"

"So the difference is that you're in the Monster World, and thus it really isn't a crime if you do this here." Darrik concluded, gaze heating up. "You really are intent on teaching your boyfriend about how to integrate into the human world."

"I'm in a demon-world, this is pure demon-world reaction." Skye continued, not willing to give ground.

Darrik raised an eyebrow, holding onto his composure, but decided to give her a explanation about the Warlock condition.

"Well, let me tell you something. I and my people are NOT yokai. From the first day I stepped foot in this school, I've been hated for being human. Since Day One, I've been attacked constantly, a situation that has only gotten worse since I started dating Jezebelle. I have your problems and then some Skye, but I have never found it necessary or morally justifiable to kill over this."

"Morally justifiable works great in the human world. Monsters don't have morals like humans do. Personally, I'd rather them be afraid to attack me than think me moral."

She shrugged and said, "Morals get you dead around demons."

Darrik shook his head heavily, "If they're moral-less

monsters, then you are willing to descend to their level?"

"I'm willing to survive, Darrik. You at least have others like you to go to." Skye said quietly.

Darrik took that quiet tone when jousting back.

"Really, now. There's damn few magi in this school, since we're essentially restricted to the Valley of Magic as is. If I killed every minotaur and harpy that jumped me, it would only get worse for every warlock and witch alive. If you can't think of it as being wrong, think of it as being impractical. Remember that you aren't any less immunized from the consequences of your actions than your attackers. The teachers and Headmaster would never tolerate deaths. Do you two want to get separated so soon?"

Delilah rolled her purple eyes in expressive, emphatic exasperation, recrossing her legs and leaning back on her hands on the desk. "Really, it's always fighting this and slash-rip-shadow magic that." The succubus' luscious lips made a moue of distaste as she raised a hand to her over-abundant chest.

Her husky voice was a rich purr to match any feline hengeyokai. "You don't see me getting in fights all the time, do you? And even when succubae do, no one ends up hurt, only... satisfied."

Delilah jumped to her feet, placing a soft, warm-fingered touch on Skye's shoulder, and shooed the other boys away with a fluttering of fingers from her free hand. "Go one boys, go play macho male smack down elsewhere - I'm sure you'll get spectators soon enough. Us girls are gonna go see 'bout doing things my and getting Skye ready for her Cheerleader tryouts."

The passionate demoness gave Skye a bright, beaming smile, shoving the pom-poms and cheerleader uniform into Skye's hands even as she began tugging her towards the door with a disarming strength. "C'mon, Skye! You know you wanna. Besides, cheerleading is, like, a thousand times funner than fighting."

Skye looked over her shoulder at Darrik and Kuromaru. “Warlock, let me worry about myself. Just tell your people to stay away from me or else.” Skye wasn’t planning on killing anyone at the school, mostly because she didn’t want to get kicked out. But it wouldn’t hurt to let others think her that ruthless, to know that if they came at her, she was going to return the fight at full force.

Her blue eyes alighted on her boyfriend and there was a silent message there, a promise of more private time later. Aloud, all she said was, “See you at dinner, Kuromaru.” With that, she allowed herself to be led out.

Archived