[OpNet] Vocal articulation.

Wakinyan

Quote:
Originally posted by Walker:
I find it staggering that your conscious mind expands like that.
As do I. That's not how my abilities always worked, but I've become much more adept at using them.

Quote:
Of course current theories are exactly that, current and theory, I agree with you. There's the "juice" aspect of quantum power, the actual energy of it. The current theories I espose work for me because they allow me to get some sorta rational perspective on my powers.
When I need to discuss my abilities, I generally focus on the effects. I pretty much assume that we are capable of anything, and whatever we can't do yet is simply something we haven't learned to do yet. I mean, the theoretical energy required to teleport someone from one point to another, to open a wormhole, or to alter the local flow of time, are all so astonishingly huge that most other things we do are childs play.

That's the breakthrough I had that allows me to use my own abilities (effectively, microkinesis at incredibly high complexity) for long periods of time without becoming tired. I simply can't see what I do as anywhere near as difficult on a cosmic scale as what, say, you or Ashnod do.

Alchemist Some of my own abilities I have learned how to consciously control, this is not to say that I am totally conscious of things in the exact way you are. I know the conscious tricks that I can use on my mind to control my juice and do stuff. After that, my conscious mind tends to go out of the loop as my Node does its thing. That your Node includes YOU in the loop is what I find personally fascinating, Maybe my Baseline IQ holds me back somewhat. I presume yours is pretty phenomenal. Like yourself I believe that anything that Novas haven't done yet is only because they have yet to learn to do it. I assume that if any brain processing goes on it goes on in the Node, researchers often speak of activation of the Node on quantum use after all. My less than strictly scientific observations lead me to conclude further that the MR Node is always functioning in some respects.

Yeah the theoretical energy required for what I appear to do which is, join together via a gateway two different places through folding the universe in half, is immense. As is the energy required for any sort of teleportation, time control, momentum control, gravity control etc. I was once having a similar conversation with Doc Troll on this very board and he hypothesized that somewhere there is a metaphorical lever or forklift truck which we manipulate to do the work. Another alternative, which I favour, is that a Node can grant access to a potentially infinite energy supply. Interestingly enough it seems to take as much energy/juice/whatever to open a gateway between here and downtown as it does to make one between here and the next solar system. The one difference is that I could be sure of getting to downtown but my gate might fall short every now and again if I was trying to get to the next solar system. What I perceive as innate power, for want of a better term, plays a part in how far any Nova can be sure of travelling.

That's about like my teleportation ability, if I'm going a short distance (up to 100km) I'll hit dead on when I try something major I tend to miss by 10-20 km. As form my ability to manipulate time, I finally mastered the ability to halt time... ant least in small areas for a very limited period of time. I've also come to realize that I haven't aged a day since I errupted. Biologically I'm 18.. That's sort of interesting, I know we novas tend to age slowly, but You can hold up an old yearbook photo next to one of my dormed form and they look the same..

Archived