Adventure! RPG - I am in Heaven.

Kirby1024

A week ago, I discovered that Monash University's Rare Books Department happens to have one of the best collections of Pulp Novels and Old Science Fiction Magazines in Australia.

And they're all publically accessible. Well, Accessible to anyone who's a Melbourne University student or staff member, at any rate. They have Doc Savage, Buck Rogers, Amazing Stories, Detective and Cowboy and Indian Stories, and tons more.

In short, I've found possibly the ultimate source of pulp setting material I'll ever see in my lifetime.

Sorry, just had to blurt it out. They actually did an virtual exhibition of the Science Fiction stuff, which you can find through this link .

So, if you're ever on this side of the globe...

• 4 weeks later...

For those who don't know, the movie The Thing with Kurt Russell was origionally written in 1948 by John W. Campbell, Jr. as a short story "Who Goes There?" Below is a link to him with bio info.

The description of the characters is classic pulp. The monster is as well, but the paranoia is still palpable and makes you thankful that you would never actually be there.

I have to admit that I am finding Adventure! more fun than Aberrant and I have only played it once so far. Egads, I'm hooked!!

http://members.tripod.com/~gwillick/camp_jw.html

Archived