Adventure! RPG - Question re: Temporary Inspiration

Vixen

I've got a rules-related question - throughout the book it says that your temporary Inspiration for the start of an Adventure! storyline is equal to permanent Inspiration, always - and there's no way to buy it up like you can with Quantum Pool for Aberrant so I guess that's true. But there's a character creation option that gives you three temporary Inspiration - my question is, is this Inspiration lost once it's spent, or does it inflate the size of your Inspiration Pool, as it were?

For example, I create a character with Inspiration 3, and I buy 3 temporary Inspiration for 1 Transformation Point. When starting my second storyline, would I have 3 Inspiration, or 6?

My ruling on that would be as follows:

1) Your Inspiration Pool does expand if you buy Temporary Inspiration. This is stated in the book.

2) If your Temporary Inspiration is higher than your permanent Inspiration, you carry the excess into the next storyline.

3) Otherwise, Your Temporary Inspiration is topped up to your Permanent Rating. After it reaches the Permanent Rating, assuming you have a larger Temporary pool, you can use in-game events to gain Inspiration over your Permanent Rating.

That seems to be right by my reckoning...

Archived