Aberrant RPG - I'm having a small problem.

DigiGeist

I'm trying to figure out just what DigiGeist looks like. You guys know I got Endeavor all locked down, but Digi is still a new character for me, so I'm just trying to get his outward apperance down.

Here's what he's capable of, to sort of help the brainstorming.

1: He has adaptation, which manifests itself as him not breathing, and a sort of pale complexion.

2: He's a mega-int and wits weilding CK

3: He has a deadpan and dark sense of humor.

4: fancys himself from time to time as "the man that returned from the dead".

5: Has white hair, and grey eyes.

Everything else is a blank. Help please. frown

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiGeist:
I'm trying to figure out just what DigiGeist looks like. You guys know I got Endeavor all locked down, but Digi is still a new character for me, so I'm just trying to get his outward apperance down.

Here's what he's capable of, to sort of help the brainstorming.

1: He has adaptation, which manifests itself as him not breathing, and a sort of pale complexion.
2: He's a mega-int and wits weilding CK
3: He has a deadpan and dark sense of humor.
4: fancys himself from time to time as "the man that returned from the dead".
5: Has white hair, and grey eyes.

Everything else is a blank. Help please. frown
Seems his primary gimmick is "dead", so work with the cliche to get the generals. Obviously, he's probably going to be on the skinny side, naturally pale. I suspect the Wraithstafarians from The Matrix could be used as quite suitable inspiration, if you wished, but there are other ways you could go.

Once you've fitted your Character's image into the Cliche, it's much easier to pick a few particular features to break from the cliche and make the character mildly distinctive. For your character, perhaps he wears Mesh-style Sunglasses, instead of usual Polar Sunglasses. Perhaps that white hair has flaming red streaks running through it. Perhaps the head is that perfect Roman look, with the nice, narrow head. Perhaps, although having Pale skin, they originally had an Olive complexion, so that appears through the Pale Skin.

You have the basics of the character set out, it's just the distinctive streaks you've forgotten (and you should never forget them!)

Also, considering DigiGeist seems to be Tech-orientated, consider a Signature Device (much like Teknokat's Quantum Boomstick). Another place where distinctiveness can appear is, naturally, the visual manifestations of DigiGeist's powers. Perhaps whenever DigiGeist interfaces, people around see a vast network of connections between every part of DigiGeist to the machine in question (like a cocoon, or perhaps a ghostly manifestation of his total connection to the machine in question).

Again, it's the distinctive features you're missing, and that's easily correctable. The cliche gives you a basic package, after which you can then alter in easy ways.

Consider Sydney (in case anyone's wondering, I keep using Sydney as my CharGen example because he went through so much revision that I can easily recall where everything fit in). Sydney's current appearance started as a stereotypical lab researcher. Then, I started shifting it out. Sydney's young, not old. Thus, he has brown hair, no wrinkles. Also, he's a nova, he's literally got a new body, why wouldn't he appear slightly more attractive. So, he's got almost made-up skin. Also, he's a hologram - he glows.

And voila! Sydney's physical appearance is pretty much done! Easy, is it not?

Okay, I get the Tall and Lanky part, here is some additions. I've decided to give him an elvish appearance. Extremely fair complexion (although pale), the classic pointed ears, and probably what some anime fans call "bishonen" looks.

As for when he interfaces, his eyes turn full white, and it seems that there are white digital code flows from the machine being interfaced and DigiGeist. Almost as if he's literally uploading/downloading binary data. Or, more to the point "sucking the soul" out of a machine as some people would say.

Cody, Sorry he's been coming off more hostile lately. That was unintentional. To let ou know, Digi actually likes Cody. Reminds him of relatives that he has in the country.

Perhaps I should clarify things a bit, Babylon. I'm not trying for the "10,000 Character" syndrome again. Plus I crossed a couple of wires I'm now just going to let resolve themselves. I'm not forcing anything. If you were around in my... shall we say, not as on the ball days, I can assure you I have learned from my mistakes.

Archived