Aberrant RPG - Don't say I never give you guys anything...

Here's that "Hino-Ploymer" stuff I keep talking about in my RPs. Tell me what you think.

Hino Polymer

Hino Polymer was developed by Hino Corporation's research and development division in 2009. as

an alternative to using Eufiber for clothing and manufacturing. Hino Polymers can withstand

kinetic damage and convert it's effects by spreading it to such a degree that a person

recieves far less damage than if they were unprotected.

There are 4 grades of this polymer:

Hard: Like a hard plastic, transparent and quite bulletproof. Great for "storm trooper" style

armor.

Soft: Moves like vynl or rubber. Damage and puncture resistant. Usually can be used for

raincoats, wetsuits, and various other wearable products.

Memory: A form is "programmed" in this form of the polymer. It takes it's form after a quick

"polarization shock" from a battery, but keeps it's soft or hard properties after

"activation". A positive charge activates the form and a negative charge returns it to

a more "baggy" form. Battery life is usually 5 years, and the battery size is usually

the size of a gold dollar (2000) coin, and just as thin.

Thin: Not as protective, but is more durable and lighter than it's soft cousin.

It's also costs less.

Game Info:

Apply these statistics to any clothing or items made out of this polymer.

[Prices as of 2009]

Hard: 4 Dots

Lethal: 5 Bashing: 8 Destruction: 12

Soft: 3 Dots

Lethal: 3 Bashing: 5 Destruction: 10

Memory: +1 Dot

Lethal: -1 Bashing +1 Destruction -1

Thin: 1 Dot

Lethal: 1 Bashing: 1 Destruction: 5

[Prices as of 2012]

Hard: 4 Dots

Lethal: 5 Bashing: 8 Destruction: 12

Soft: 2 Dots

Lethal: 3 Bashing: 5 Destruction: 10

Memory: +1 Dot

Lethal: -1 Bashing +1 Destruction -1

Thin: 1 Dot

Lethal: 1 Bashing: 1 Destruction: 5

I will put this up on the Players forum as well. I'd like opinoins form BOTH sides of the screen.

Doesn't break any rules or even build up taint in the inventor. Personally, I would beef up it's cost and lethal protection ratings to make it more worth while. Sounds like a crashflex/kevlare hybrid.

I made the point in the players section that I don't agree with the lack of dice penalties for the heavy gear. Why doesn't it restrict movement if its solid?

If it doesn't, make it much more expensive. Remember, Full Combat Armor (2008) is a 6/6, imposes a 2 dice penalty, and costs five resource dots. Unless Mrs. Hino want to pick up that permanent point of taint and have her polymer do things polymers can't do, its got to stay within the realm of physics.

Just my thoughts and remember, I like playing Devil's Advocate.

That's cool. But I actually wrote that as if you USE this stuff as the fabric/material to make the armor you want. The original penalties apply. Just change the numbers of the armor you are making. Especailly the price. Maybe I should write things a little more carefully. This was just a prototype write-up. Perhaps a more "Real Deal" article is in order.

Archived