Aberrant RPG - Transitioning toward Trinity

Jager

Yes, another taint related question.

I has been stated in canon that it becomes more difficult for novas to manipulate quantum as the Aberrant War comes and goes. By the Trinity era, any use of quantum automatically induces taint (Aberrant Players Guide p.68). It becomes a real limiting factor when using powers (thier taint stat becomes their power pool, effectively).

Any ideas on how to handle this?

I think what the book mentions is the fact that all Novas/Aberrants in the Trinity universe have taint in some form or fashion, not because just using their powers causes it. Let me put it another way. You don't have to tweak your taint because you're going into the Trinity timeline. You probably have enough taint already. Most likely there aren't any starting off novas either in Trinity (Unless you're one of those fabled 2nd or 3rd generation Aberrants) so having taint off of character creation is probably not needed. But it is probably easier for 1st generation novas to get taint for themselves around that time. Simply put, you just cant avoid taint, it eventually finds you.

Archived