Aberrant RPG - What's your take on...

Centipede

What's your take on Sophia Rousseau?

I'm also interested in any hints to where I can find out more about her. I have the APB, E:A, AT, APU and AE. I think the Expose:Aberrants and Project Utopia books contradict each other somewhat.

The reason I ask is that I'm planning a campaign (my first for Aberrant!) where the players are aberrants.

-Centipede

I'm mainly interested in her background (not Backgrounds) and why she created the abberants (by helping Corbin and getting the others together) as well as any original ideas on her powers.

My own reasoning is that her 'mental static' i just fake, possibly an inplanted memory in the mind of the agent that tried to read her. Having a mind that screams to any telepath in range is not a bonus when you're in hiding.

I was thinking of using her as a combination of mentor and boss. The players are her ace up the sleeve, they don't know any other aberrants and the others don't know about them.

I think she sees something sinister with the Aeon Society creating Project Utopia as well as Divis Mal and the Teragen. Personnally, I think she might be Sarah Gettal out of "Adventure", but that's just a hunch.

In the Adventure Era, she is 'just' a human. She knows everybody, and is a very successful investigative journalist, talents that stand her in good stead with the Aberrant faction.

Thanks for your input!

Jager: Dammit! Yet another reason to get Adventure! I've been fighting it off since before it arrived and I think the battle is lost now (can't afford it at the moment though). I have now decided to make her a 'pre-galatea-erupted' nova, and I blame you! smile

Cin: I did read the first few issues of Gen 13 but lost interest and never looked into DV8. From what I remember Ivana Baiul was really bad and only in it for herself. That is not what I had in mind, however there are other aspects of her that may be more to the point. I will dig out my old comics and check it out.

• 11 months later...

I recently got my dirty litle paws on a copy of WWPhase 2. In it, on page 105, Rousseau is referred ot as 'a globetrotting queen of high art crimes'. That's not exactly the picture I had of her.

Did anyone else notice this?

Anyone used it somehow?

Well, i always thought that Rousseau was one of the Aeon memebers who joine after mazzer left.. Maybe even as early as the 50's.

as for her joining the ABerrants it could because she doesn't fully trust the reason why the people behind Utopia formed Utopia.

As for why she sometime works with the teragen, it could be that wile she was or is a part of Aeon. She was not a aprt of the of it, whne Mal pulled his Judas.So She doesn't have the ingrand hate of him, and plus Mal is not really leading the teragen, so she may think that shec ould subvewrt some of the members inoto what hse think is a good cause.

Mazzer? Who or what is mazzer? And as far as I know there is nothing that links her to the teragen.

Centipede, my impression was that Sophia was a bit of a social debutant and engaged in crime-as-art for the thrill. Never ran into her in a game, something I attribute to the number of questions and mystery surrounding her. From canon we have very little idea who she is or what she does.

Someone around here or WW posted one of the best Sophia Rousseau backgrounds I have ever seen. From what I can recall...

She had some social powers, warp, and maybe some para-normal information gathering ability (M-Int(Invest) or Precog). So she altered her looks, joined PU under an assumed name, faked her death, and started up the Aberrants to look into her own (aka Slider's) death.

One nova can make a difference.

Archived