Aberrant RPG - Mercer´s fault

Matador

In this game, Divis Mal is an extra dimensional entity, that Max Mercer liberated by accident when trveling trough time. The Directive is actually a powerfull alien conspiracy and the aberrants are gone, because of a teleporting experiment gone awfull. What do you think?

Thanks.

Uhh, yes, but it was a completely unforseen event. (A very powerfull player was messing with homunculous and teleport...and mastery 2.) I have planed to bring back just a few of them. Perharps madame Rosseau can contact someone via telepathy and ask for help. With the high level of teleport that was used, many of them are perharps somewhere between alpha centauri and ursa minor.

What do you think are the possibilities for this setting?

I think Jack has figured this out (if he wasn't joking in the first place), but I'll state it to be sure:

You mean Aberrants, as the faction, right?

Sounds like an interesting spin, Matador, and welcome back to the boards.

Yes, I mean the Aberrant faction. You know, they were having this meeting and this chump used a very potent teleport power (mastery 2) and dispersed them trough the cosmos (almost).

Also, I should add: The Teragen just found out about this (because of a casablanca mole)

and theyre having a Pantheon meeting to figure out what to do.

I think it offers some really interesting opportunities for gameplay. What do you think ?

Well, if your PC's are already up to Mastery 2 powers, you have your hands full. As for the Teragen, how many want him dead versus want to control him? After all, if he can make four sites go bye-bye, that's it for Utopia as well (Mexico City, Addis Abbaba, Venice, and (T2M Asia's HQ)).

By the way, did the PC do this on purpose, could anyone ascertain this, and how did he get into an aberrant meeting (spying, betrayal, stupidity)?

Actually the teleporter (An NPC) got infected with a geneticaly enhanced virus, that attack directly the farahcites. He went into a seizure and used his telepor powers on the aberrants, he was actually an Aberrant member. This was a very dramatic scene for him. Now for the Utopian part: early in our game, Caestus Pax went rogue and formed a nova alliance against Project Proteus. They managed to expose the conspiracy with the help of the Aberrants (this happened after the Bahrain setting in phase I). The public reaction against the Utopians was enough to sever it´s ties with Aeon (and Mercer). The UN cancelled the project and Utopia has not been arround since early in my series. Many members of Pax´s Crusade either joined the aberrants, the teragen or went corporative. In fact, many of them still follow Pax into creating the first nova state in the world, called Babel.

The aberrants are now gone for the most part. Utopia is kaput, so is Proteus. The terats are having a ball and the Directive is growing in power. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

i think you have the beginnings of a kree skrull war, with the directive keeping tabs on the aberrants to recruit them in their fight against other races, the coalition versus chromatics or something,

i'm starting to get to something similiar in one of my games, the alien thing not the directive thing

Matador, sorry it took so long.

What happened to DeVries?

Where is the physical location of Babel, if it has one, that is?

Now that the UN is kind of defunct (having severed its ties with the only power it ever really had - PU), how are the national alliances working out? Does the FAS form early? I recall that Mexico had quite a nova 'problem'.

I could see the EU taking off in a big way.

Without PU, what happens in Kashmir? Do Pakistan and India go nuclear?

Does Tarik recreate an Islamic empire in the Middle East? He really looks to be in a position to do just that.

Without serious outsided opposition, does the Teragen fracture?

So many questions; so many possibilities.

Ok, Babel is located in what used to be the City of Joy, Calcutta. China & Pakistan. Geisha, now the Director of PR in Babel, has been doing diplomatic work in the Kashmir region. What Pax wants is to help humanity reach a new Golden Age, with novas acting as "Big brothers" (Like that atlantean myth..). DeVries is in war with all other elite corporations, and recently, Anna DV had her child, Alexander DeVries (after Alexander the Great). I had no idea tarik wanted to rebuild the muslim empire. Please, tell me more about it.

Do you own the Teragan book? In it, Tarik is attempting to make the whole of the Islamic world his domain (pgs. 48, 96, and 114). He has his own nova organization (the Companions) and reacts quit poorly to independent Arab novas.

What more do you need to know about?

Archived