Aberrant RPG - Mega-Int/Wits enhancements needed

AnonCastillo

I've been working on making an Aberrant-based Warcraft 3 map for a little while (it's nowhere near complete, so don't get too far onto the edge of your seat yet). It's basically going to be a hero arena (similar to AoS, Dota, SotB, Anime Wars, etc.). Each hero's abilities will be their mega-attributes, which will add to their appropriate stats in game as well as giving enhancement abilities (they're all based on the spellbook ability, so each power opens a submenu of powers allowing for multiple enhancements). Nova powers are then bought as inventory items (which was the most convenient way I could think of to implement them). I've got a trigger set up so that when you buy the same power twice, it replaces it with a higher level of the power, up to level 5.

So far I've only implemented half a dozen powers (a few quantum bolt varieties, stun attack, and poison and disease) and three of the mega-stats. Enhancements for mega-strength, mega-dex, and mega-stamina were easy to come up with and work into the map. However, finding sufficiently combat-oriented mega-int and mega-wits enhancements isn't so easy. Each mega-stat has 5 levels and gives an enhancement at each odd level, so 3 enhancements per power.

For mega-int, so far I've got ideas for analyze weakness and tactical prodigy. Analyze weakness will probably be an aura that reduces enemy armor, though it might end up as a stronger targeted debuff, or something that activates on attack (like searing arrows) and reduces enemy defense while giving bonus damage. Tactical prodigy will probably be something like roar (click it to up nearby units' damage), though I might make it a passive aura rather than an activated buff depending on whether the other enhancements are activated or passive (I don't want too many passive enhancements, it defeats the purpose).

Wits is giving me more trouble, partly because many powers don't stack and some are already in use or I plan to use them elsewhere. Enhanced initiative, multitasking, and quickness could all use endurance/unholy aura, but I'm currently using endurance aura for rapid strike and to give a move speed increase per level of mega-dex (since they're both part of mega-dex, there's no conflict there, but there would be a conflict trying to implement it separately in mega-wits since I'm pretty sure they don't stack), and I plan to use unholy aura as part of hypermovement. Synergy could maybe be implemented as shared life, although that would be well outside the bounds of what synergy does in Aberrant. Group awareness could easily be an aura that buffs friendly units (probably devotion aura, but that's the only wits enhancement I'm pretty sure of what I'd do with.

If you guys can post any combat-oriented mega-int or mega-wits enhancements I don't already have, I'd appreciate it. If you've played warcraft 3 and have an idea for a power that can be modified to fit a particular enhancement, even better. So far evasion and bash are unused (I might call evasion quickness and make it a mega-wits enhancement), otherwise I think all of the passive powers that don't stack are already claimed.

Ideas for Mega-Wits:

Attack speed boost from Multitasking and Quickness (perhaps they stack?)

Something that increases armor (basically, faster mental reaction time)?

Damage reduction of spells with "mental" attribute, if possible?

I haven't played WC3 is ages, so I'm not too sure how this would all work.

Also, Mega-Int ideas:

Medical Prodigy - Boost healing effects? Or perhaps when you use it, you just heal a unit. Low mana cost, long cool-down?

Taint Resistance - A shield against magic damage? Perhaps resists poison effects?

Self-Analysis - recharge mana faster

Self analysis might work, I might have it be a self-buff that increases mana regen, armor, and attack rate (since you're being careful about your actions and landing more hits/taking hits better). Thanks for the idea.

I might have quickness give evasion. If I can figure out a way to prevent stun/daze effects I might have wits increase your defense against them, but I'm not sure what to name the enhancement. With group awareness that would be enough.

Archived