Pathfinder Sessions Going Well

Dave ST

So recently we've been playing Pathfinder here at home and I'm pleased to say that it runs very smooth and the improvements to classes and races is excellent. Now, I don't know much about 4th Edition D&D, so I'm not going to say it's better, but compared to 3.5 it's a wonderful upgrade.

I do wanna share a moment from our last game, it cracked me up. The party was adventuring in a dungeon in a swamp, tracking a lead about some assassins that attempted to take the life of an elven noble not to long ago. The environment is damp, very wet and muddy so the PCs are finding that nature has taken it's toll on the old catacombs below the Hool Marshes.

Liana inspects a door, being damp down here she checks for swelling to see if it might be difficult to open or make more noise than necessary.

Vivi: "I'll check the door, does it appear swollen like the last one?" (She rolls her skill check and rolls a 1)

Me: "What door? It's obviously a clown wielding a brownie."

Vivi (casually going with joke retorts with): "Hm, we may have to barter for passage, did anyone bring a glass of milk?"

It made me giggle, so I thought I'd share.

Hehehe

I'll toss in with my positive thoughts on Pathfinder...so far as I've seen, and I've been in several games now, though all of fairly low level, it's more streamlined than 3.5 and while it doesn't address, or try to address, every little niggle I had with the older system, it goes a long way towards smoothing out the rougher patches. In particular, the new emphasis on core classes is welcome. For the first time I feel like there's valid reasons NOT to take a Prestige Class for ANY character, not just a monk or a druid.

That alone's worth the price of admission.

Archived