Aberrant RPG - Music Suggestions for an Aberrant game

I have been trying to think of some good music to listen to while playing Aberrant and have not been able to really think of anything fitting. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, that way I can put together some personalized CDs for the game. If you could, also list what kind of scenes or settings you think the music would be best for, such as songs best for an epic combat scene.

I want music that will heighten the experience of the game. Something that will instill emotions appropriate to the game. The game doesn't focus too much on any single genre but, combat is of course prevalent in many cases. I would prefer the music to not be a distraction from the game however, so interesting to listen to might not be the best choice.

Zeromancer - Something For The Pain, a lot of there outher stuff works as well. They are gothic but have songs that i think fit well into darl game like aberrant.

Stabing Westward, about the same for the mood.

Ez-rollers "Tough at the top"

Slam "This world"

Kat People "free falling"

Bad Religion "Do what you want"

Greenkeepers "keep it down"

Trafik vs Adam Freeland "Psyren" (( this song really works for Aberrant.))

Client "In It For The Money"

The Cranberries "Zombie"

There is a small list of music tha tI have listend to wile playing Aberrant that i think works for mood music. I am only listening a few of them,and mainly going for those that you would be less likely for you to know or think of. I could point out a lot comon songs, but I think others would eb better for that than I am.

• 1 month later...

The best music for any rp session is music that does not contain lyrics. Lyrics distract players, but less so if they're in a foreign language.

Video game music is a good place to look. Download music from a game set in modern times.

Or just download music based on the region the game is set in. If it's in the Amazon, I doubt metal would work well (unless the players were fighting an extremely powerful nova to the death).

Ok, how about songs for the various organizations and factions? Id like suggestions for...

Teragen

Utopia

T2M

Heavens Thunder Triad

(The various other criminal organizations of which the names escape me now)

Aeon Society (I would think this would be instrumental)

DeVries (or other Elite agencies)

The Gestalt

TN2M

And specific important character themes...

Cestus Pax

Divis Mal

Anna DeVries

Justin Larigone

Director Thetis

Andre Corbin

Antaeus

Or, even better, themes for canon events!

Landers Murder Conspiracy (this could be a whole album up to when Pax fights Mal)

The whole "Miracle" crisis

When Ibiza is destroyed

The night of long knives scenario in the Teragen

When Radu Slaniskovich and his elites make their political move on the Ukraine

Teragen?

Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It"

Utopia? Well, I keep having this song come to mind:

Quote:

I'd like to buy the world a home

And furnish it with love

Grow apple trees and honey bees

And snow white turtle doves.

Chorus:

I'd like to teach the world to sing

In perfect harmony

I'd like to buy the world a Coke

And keep it company

That's the real thing.

(Repeat chorus)

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

That's the real thing

Chorus 2:

What the world wants today

Coca-Cola (background)

Is the real thing

(Repeat chorus 2)

Coca-Cola (background)

Is the real thing

Sing with me (background)

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

That's the real thing

(Repeat chorus)

In perfect harmony

And keep it company

That's the real thing.

(Chorus 2)

Coca-Cola (background)

Is the real thing

(Repeat chorus 2)

Coca-Cola (background)

Is the real thing

If it just wasn't for Coke being mentioned again and again.

How about Skid Row's "Youth Gone Wild" for Clarion and Co.?

Cestus Pax-Kid Rock's "You Ain't Never Seen a Motherfucker Like Me"

Divis Mal- Beatles "Come Together" (Hey, he's transhuman, he ain't supposed to make sense to us.)

Anna DeVries - No Doubt's "I'm Just a Girl"

Justin Larigone - ???

Director Thetis - Elton John's "Bitch is Back"

Andre Corbin - AC/DC "I've Got Big Balls"

Antaeus - Kermit the Frog's "It Ain't Easy Being Green"

Songs:

Andre Corbin is so Queen's 'We Will Rock You'.

I like the Corrs' version of 'Little Wing' for the general sense of loss after Slider's death and Killing Heidi's 'I Am' (Spiderman 2 theme) for the life of a member of the Aberrants' Hidden or Quarry factions.

T2M is the X-Men cartoon theme and when they go nuts with Taint, Three Doors Down's 'Kryptonite' is a great song in my opinion.

Silverchair's 'I'm a Freak' is great for the Harvesters, while Sade's 'Smooth Operator' is the perfect Casablancas/Raoul Orzaiz song. Happy Land's 'Hey You!' is Narcosis' song to a tea and Divis Mal always makes me think of Goo-Goo Dolls' 'Iris'. The Kabal could be Silverchair's 'Anthem for the Year 2000' or The Living End's 'Prisoner of Society' or even Pink Floyd's 'The Writing's on the Wall'.

I'm sure I'll add more songs.

NYC Connection's (I think) 'Fight for Your Right (To Party)' is a good song for the Ibizan fight, and who can go past the Vengaboys' 'We're Going to Ibiza'? That song's annoying enough to drive people to violence. :P

Another good song is No Doubt's 'Hey Baby' to describe the effects of fame that many novas experience.

Bette Midler's 'From A Distance' could make a good Utopian song and Train's 'Drops of Jupiter' would be perfect for the Daedalus League.

Any of the James Bond movie themes, especially Madonna's 'Die Another Day' or Tina Turner's 'Goldeneye' could suit a Directive chronicle.

While not exactly relevant, Green Day's 'American Idiot' could probably make a good Aberrant song, especially for the Rebels.

You should think about music from films : this is illustration, so the work is already done wink

I think Akira soundtrack is great, at least in combat. It's very well-suited in a violent, post-modern world as Aberrant (I used to play to Cyberpunk with it).

Silent Hill 1 is also very good : strange music, strange sounds, very scary!!! Perfect for a meeting under Venice with Leviathan.

PLayers shouldn't love the music TOO MUCH anyway, it's too distracting. I remember I tried Sergio Leone in Deadlands... It was catastrophic!!! My players asked me to stop the game, just to listen the soundtrack...

Very important : techno music!!! I don't especially like it but it's probably the closest thing to novox.

I also enjoy DEvin Townsend (all, but particulary Strapping Young Lad) and Meshuggah.

All hail the New Flesh wink

Archived