Mutants & Masterminds:[M&M] Godborn: Legends of the Wild West

jameson (ST)

This came up in chat:

Vehicles skill covers driving wagons, operating trains, piloting/captaining boats and ships, and the like. If you want to have a giant mechanical steam power spider you will need Vehicles to operate it. :)

riding horses is covered by athletics.

Riding exotic animals would be an expertise however. That's stuff like Pegasus, giant wolves, griffins, etc.

Where we are at, April 1st edition.

Submittied and Approved

Sam - Jer - Tuatha dé Dannan

Submitted and pending approval/in-rework

Katie - Carver - Æsir

Kyria - Mala - Æsir

Expressed interest

Rory - The English Guy with many many chat nicks - Tuatha dé Dannan

Unknown - Long - Ameterasu

Unknown - Varro - Dodekatheon

Where we are at, April 3rd edition.

Submittied and Approved

Sam - Jer - Tuatha dé Dannan

Katie - Carver - Æsir

Kyria - Mala - Æsir

Submitted and pending approval/in-rework

NONE! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Expressed interest

Rory - The English Guy with many many chat nicks - Tuatha dé Dannan

Unknown - Long - Ameterasu

Unknown - Varro - Dodekatheon

Kyria IngenKyriaIngenAvvie.png

Personal Information

Identity: Kyria Ingen

Nicknames: Kat and her Kittens (Stage name for trapeze act), Lady Cybele of Thrace (Stage name for fortune telling), Kyrie

Occupation: Flying Trapeze Artist, fortune telling, general troublemaker

Marital Status: Umarried

Known Relatives/Friends: Kaitlin Ingen (sister), Katarina Ingen (mother), Loki (father), Red (boyfriend, close as Kyrie's probably gonna get to a husband), Samuel Connell (band-mate)

Allegiance(s): sister; Red; Sammy; Continental Carnival

Nationality: United States Citizen (such as it is out West)

Physical Traits

Weight: 130 lbs

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Apparent age: late teens, early twenties

Ethnic Background: Caucasian

Eye Color: Blue-Gray

Hair Color: Red

Handedness: Left

Appearance: Lithe and just tall enough for a woman, Kyria is a woman with blood-red hair and blue-gray eyes. She has a willowy frame with all the right curves and just a hint of the muscle that her work as a trapeze artist has earned her. Kyrie rarely spent a night alone in the carnival once she got curious enough about sex to try it out; she made little distinction between men and women, much to her mother's dismay.

The troublemaker of Kat's Kittens, Kyria still managed to earn even a bit more than her share as part of the trapeze act, fortune teller, and either distraction or pickpocket in her "off-stage" time. She used to also be the assistant to the Continental's stage magician Vincent Larent before he died several years ago. Long years of showmanship have taught her how to move in just about anything, so she's just as comfortable in a corset and heels as pants and boots.

Powers, Skills, and Personality

Known Powers: Kyria can sense other Scions, a power Loki taught her the night of her and Kaitlin's Visitations as a precaution for her safety. She's also able to talk directly into the minds of her Band-mates to a fair distance, something she's done on occasion just to mess with them.

Abilities/Special Skills: A jack of all trades, Kyria's managed to learn enough to do what she's had to in the carnival and some of everything else.

Background

Kyrie was born in the Continental Carnival to an unwed woman named Katarina Ingen. She was the elder of the twins that Kat had, the result of a one-night stand with a handsome red-haired man. Despite being older, Kyrie always seemed younger than her twin, Katie. Kyria was always the troublemaker, getting both of them in - and out - of all sorts of hijinks.

Kat hadn't wanted children; she seemed almost afraid of the prospect. Still, she raised her girls as best she could, and if she seemed to almost watch their growth with trepidation, she loved them anyway. That fear didn't deter Kyria from enjoying both the fairer and....less fairer....sex. A lot. She's concerned about her sister's fear of men and often tries to pair her up with guys she thinks have a chance with Kaitie, including rather constant attempts to get Kaitie and Red together. Through sheer drunken stupidity if necessary.

It seemed that they were destined for a life much like their mother's until the night that Thor and Loki returned to the carnival. The two gods pulled the girls aside and explained that they had a destiny: long ago, Katarina had been a daughter of Sif. Odin had prophesied that Kat would give birth to both a child of a god and a child of a titan. Sure that meant she'd be raped by a titan and forced to have titanspawn, Kat rejected her calling and ran. She joined the circus and became their trapeze artist. While the Aesir might have forgotten her, Loki remembered, just as he remembered getting Thor and Kat drunk and getting them into bed together, and he remembered appearing to her as Thor that same night. The result of those encounters had been two girls, one fathered by a god and another by a god who would side with the titans at the end.

Kat had been a means to an end, and Loki's end was to fulfill the true focus of the prophecy: the children. Loki drew his daughter away while Thor awkwardly explained the reality of Scion life to Katie. Loki taught Kyria the basics of magic to help her stay alive and pressed on her the importance of gathering strong allies to defend her against the titanspawn that would hunt and kill her for being a Scion and the Scions that would hunt her for being the daughter of Loki.

Katie and Kyrie remained with the circus for a while. It was during this time that they met Samuel and Red, and pulled them into their band. Gradually, the danger their nature brought to the circus forced them to leave their home. A few months ago, Red brought her a black wolf-pup barely old enough to be weaned; the pup took to Kyria like she was a true wolf-mother immediately. Kyria named her Ástir, which she knows means something vaguely like 'friend' in the scraps of Norwegian she managed to pick up from her mother before they left the carnival.

The band has been on the move for a while now; what the girls' true destiny is remains to be seen. Even Loki claims not to know what awaits them, but the twins are going to face it together.

Relics

Ansuz Kenaz

A yew necklace of carved wooden links and a scorch-marked pendant with the Kenaz rune on the front and the Ansuz rune on the back.

12300755010_0.jpg12300746810_0.jpg

Kenaz & Ansuz

Villedende Skjonnhet

A silver dancer's belled bracelet with a single magician's hat charm.

il_fullxfull.310322697.jpg

Samuel Connell

Personal Information:

Name: Samuel Connell

Nicknames: Sammy

Concept: Young scrappy cowpoke.

Pantheon: Tuatha De Dannan

God: Lugh

Physical Traits:

Weight: 136 lb.

Height: 5'6

Age (apparent age): 16

Ethnic Background: White (Irish)

Nationality (place of origin): USA

Eye Color: Dirty Blonde

Hair Color: Light Blue

Handedness: Right

Allegiance(s): Kyria; Red; Kaitlin; Cúmhaighe; Continental Carnival

Powers, Skills, and Personality

Known Powers: Samuel has enhanced reflexes, hand-eye coordination, and reaction times as core abilities. He also can run at superhuman speeds with impressive balance, hit whatever he chooses to shoot at, invoke power in his words to inspire allies to great feats, unleash a war yell freezing up foes, or enter a focused state in which he cannot be surprised or fooled by illusions.

Abilities/Special Skills: Samuel has developed a variety of skills for self-sufficiency and his broad range of experiences since leaving the farm.

Background:

Lugh never fails to travel to where his people go. And in the time when an Gorta Mór, known to more general history as the Irish Potato Famine left Eire seemingly as desolate as a formorian invasion at times, a multitude of Irish went to the Americas for hope of a better life. Lugh went down to the United States years later, to ensure they were fairing better, and to dally as well.

In the guise of her husband, Lugh sired a child onto young ex-farmer's wife Flora Connell, and Brian was never the wiser about it. Young Samuel was only a few years old when opportunity seemed to open up. The 1862 Homestead Act opened the bountiful plains of the West up, with no risk of English landlords- curse em- the land would be theirs. The Connells scraped together everything they could get in money, waited with bated breath- and their application was accepted.

The three-member family settled in Kansas, with a few other homesteaders in the area, and a small town eventually sprung up for the extra needs of the farmers. Samuel Connell grew up in this environment, having to be self-reliant and know how to shoot- there were the occasional herds of bison to be hunted and cattlemen and their steers to be kept away from their precious crops.

Then one day, at age 14, Samuel was out shooting a few birds that would otherwise be pests on the crops, when an auburn wolfhound bounded up to him, followed by a similarly hair-colored man with glinting green eyes. Samuel was less than receptive, seeing as he didn't recognize this man and he seemed to be potentially trespassing.

Then the man claimed to be Lugh, one of the old Eire gods- and his father. Samuel told him he was speaking blarney and could he please git? The man looked at him sadly and vanished in the blink of an eye, as did the dog. Samuel didn't give the incident thought for a couple weeks. Then people started coming into town with wild tales, the Douglas family all dead.

With the damage and bodies found when armed groups of men went to the different scenes, fear and alarm spread. Something monstrous was stalking the town. In fact, Logismoi's escape had spread corruption through the Indian spirits, and one warrior spirit was twisted into something that only wanted vengeance upon the white man, regardless of actions taken.

Even as the Connells huddled in their farmhouse- they were next by Fate's decree. The next night, a buffalo skull-headed thing burst into the house, on a frenzy of death and destruction. It sliced down Flora immediately, and impaled Brian when he fired off multiple ineffectual shots at the devil that killed his wife.

Overcome by crippling fear, Samuel hid in blind terror, and thus was spared as the berserk spirit went off elsewhere. Alone in the wreckage of his home, sobbing over his parents' corpses, the wolfhound came up again, whining and rubbing against him in a clear attempt to console him. Lugh was there too, genuine sadness in his eyes.

Brian had been as much a father as Lugh, he agreed, and Samuel's acceptance months ago could have saved the two now, with the power that could have been bestowed on him. Guilty at this mistake, at having pained two fathers greatly, Samuel didn't contest a thing this time. The first thing the new Scion did- granted ownership of the Tuatha-bred wolfhound Cúmhaighe and given a 1873 Colt engraved with a bison skull (all the better to remind him of why he would fight)- was to hunt down the twisted spirit and put an end to it.

Afterward, Samuel was now a traveling youth, getting money however he can manage it, as a cowboy or bounty hunter (several months ago, he joined the Continental Carnival at Lugh's direction, bonding with other present Scions; the Ingen sisters and Red- and eventually leaving with them when their duties to the World got too dangerous for the Carnival. Samuel doesn't have concerns about what he's doing now, childhood is over.

Relics

Cuimhne: The relic gun gifted to Samuel at his Visitation, it appears to be an 1873 Colt engraved with the image of a bison skull, and the name of the gun above it. Cuimhne means 'memory' in Gaelic, and the purpose helps to always focus in Samuel's mind the motivations he has to fight the Titans' forces. Indeed, the symbolic anger and pain that he felt after the rampage of the corrupted spirit has been infused into the bullets, causing them to glow a faint red when fired and burn with great heat to the touch.

300px-1956prime2.jpg

With apologies to jameson and everyone else, I'm going to bow out. I just can't seem to bend my brain around Scion-to-M&M character creation and I'm already stretched so thin I can read newsprint through myself. If it wasn't for the latter, I'd probably have more inclination/energy for the former. I'll likely be withdrawing from some other games as well, none of which will be easy decisions.

Again, apologies to anyone who feels I've wasted their time. I am not doing this lightly.

Alright. Thanks for saying something.

That leaves just 3 of you, and maybe Long and Varro eventually.

Honest assessment time, how does a three person game sit with you guys? Do people want/need to make background changes? Do you guys want to reassess your own involvement and commitment to this game now, before we start?

I'd honestly rather get genuine feedback saying that now is not a good time for this than to start it and have things fail in a few months time, so its better to ask now than charge forward. If you guys are in, I'm ready to go, but if there are doubts about your long term interest or ability I want to hear that up front before we all put more time into this. I'd be lying to you guys if I said I wasn't at least a little apprehensive about such a small group.

Well...this rather screws over much of my concept for Kyria, honestly. Red was an integral part of her background and gutting that will take much of the wind out my desire to play her.

I'm also apprehensive about such a small group. Four in a game is about as small as I want to go in a play-by-post game.

God damnit. I was looking forward to this game. Oh, well. Like Jer, I'm fine with a small group, too, just not 2 people (assuming that Kyria won't be interested in continuing, not to mention that would mean revamping some of Katie's history). Jim, it's up to you, as far as I'm concerned.

Regretfully I have to admit that this seems to have been an ill fated venture, and at this point continuing may no longer be worth the added effort. I'm sorry to have to cancel this game, but I think its for the best at this point, and I am sorry that the effort you all put into this has come for naught.

Archived