Aberrant RPG - Question about Quantum Vampire

Happyuser

Hi I’m kind of new to aberrant; can anyone tell me if this combo works? (Ideally it’s meant for use when heavily surrounded, think Neo and the Smiths)

Take Quantum Vampire twice:

Quantum Vampire (Stamina) + Extra (Area)

Quantum Vampire (health levels) + Extra (Area)

Take a Multiple Action

Step 1 use Quantum Vampire (Stamina) + Extra (Area) to transfer your opponents Stamina to boost your own.

Is there any limit on to how high your Stamina can go? Mega-Stamina goes up to 10 in the player guide?

Step 2 use with you now increased Stamina use Quantum Vampire (health levels) + Extra (Area)

How do the stolen health levels work? They only last an hour per dot for you right? What happens when they run out if you've taken damage? Would you lose normal health levels?

It works yes and no.

MegaStats can only be pumped up to 5, 6 if you look at Density Control:Increase in the Players Guide option.

So, you can steal other folks Stamina to pump up your own, but you're maxing out at MegaStamina 5.

So, you can't pump yourself up beyond that in order to overwhelm potential resistence to your follow up with the Quantum Vampire:Health Levels.

Not a bad combo, but very very expensive points wise. You need a good MegaStamina pool to start with to make the Vampire work in the first place, and then you're looking at two level three powers you need to buy dots in. Poor enough into that and you are a one trick pony.

Here is a counter-question:

Does the Area Effect Extra negate the touch range requirement? I ask because there is also the Ranged Extra that is specifically for making touch attack have a range.

Since the Range extra gives a 10m*Power Rating range, and the Area Effect Extra give (Q+PR)*5m radius, I was wondering if the Ranged extra was nearly useless, or if it's sole purpose was to allow Touch attacks to escape that requirement?

Well look at it this way if he bought BOTH Area Effect *and* Range then he could create a bubble at range correct?

Given that it seems to me fair to let a touch power be Area Effect. The area will just always be centered on the character.

And, also one major difference. Area is the ENTIRE AREA. You get that area of quantum deathiness and woe to whomever is within it, whether it be Commander Ubercreep, your buddies in the Legion of Swell or the orphans of Saint Orville's Home for the Extremely Hairy. You activate it and they're all dropping.

Archived