Making Trinity into a Post-Apocalypse

Rubio OOC

I'm shortly going to be running a post-apocalyptic game set on the surface of earth in the Trinity era with the premise that, when the Chinese Ultimatum came, the Aberrants didn't blink and called the Chinese bluff.

What I'm positing is that some Novas helped portions of the baseline population escape to colonize Luna, Mars, Venusian orbital habitats, and the Jovian satellites. Meanwhile, those left on the surface must contend with a wasteland that is ravaged both by nuclear fallout and Taint radiation. This leads to all kinds of weird mutants to shoot. There are also the Aberrants that have set themselves up as the lords of the planet in a tense standoff with the rest of the solar system that is, by and large, content to let them do as they like on Earth.

What sort of form, if any, do you think that the Psi Orders, and the Aeon Trinity would take in such a setting?

They wouldn't. The planet would be to devastated to financially support those organizations. The best you could hope for it splinter groups or 'cults' who try to keep the name alive, but by and large they'd be gone.

It's possible, like Fallout, that one of them has survived, like the Enclave. In this case one could assume that they have free reign to do as they please and claim the world as their own under the disguise of reclaiming it from the Aberrant demons who caused the destruction to begin with (because it's the Aberrants fault the Chinese hit the button). Disguised, once again, as Earth's saviors they valiantly reclaim the land and subjugate the people they 'save' as they go.

However, if everyone is content to leave Earth alone, then chances are Aeon and them are pretty much on their own... which means things are pretty bad on the planet... which would mean Aeon and them would probably not give two shits about the blasted planet and move on to colonizing a world that wasn't dead... which would mean it's just the tyrant Abbys and what's left of humanity's Psions to fend for themselves.

You could have a search for the Prometheus chambers, or even one or two already found (or even one of the super chambers that makes the really uber Psions) so humanity has hope by being able to create more Psions in the future.

Color me cynical, but I don't think the alien faction behind the Orders would even offer the Chambers to the human survivors, state they'd be in. Think about, earth gets nuked, a bunch of big scary Novas survive and rule the Earth, the solar colonies (and Eden?) fall under the sway/protective envelope of the Novas who saved them, and unless they're feeling like having joy-riding Abberants pop in to pick them up as snacks at will, they wouldn't reject their Nova protectors *too* violently. Quantum wins over humanity, save for a few Psiads...

The Doyen just might try and pull off a 'Chromatic Solution' straight off the bat, however they'd arrange that.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Question: do you want to stick close to the canon or see what people would think of in that situation?

Little of column A, little of column B, with a primary "help me brainstorm" kinda appeal smile

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
They wouldn't. The planet would be to devastated to financially support those organizations. The best you could hope for it splinter groups or 'cults' who try to keep the name alive, but by and large they'd be gone.

Well gosh, that's depressing smile
I'm thinking that there would be various cells of Aeon Trinity operatives who got marooned that try to weather the storm, so to speak.
Also, I think I'm going to be taking liberties with the timeline as to when, how, and who got access to the Prometheus chambers.

It's possible, like Fallout, that one of them has survived, like the Enclave.

That's definitely one of the elements of Fallout that I'm mining. In fact, my entire idea would have been better stated as a Fallout/Trinity pastiche smile

I'm planning on making a "Holdout"-type society in the Quanitico free zone, which is a (relatively) safe area in the post-apocalyptic city that sprang up around the military base there. They have one Prometheus chamber that was smuggled onto the base by Aeon operatives.

In this case one could assume that they have free reign to do as they please and claim the world as their own under the disguise of reclaiming it from the Aberrant demons who caused the destruction to begin with (because it's the Aberrants fault the Chinese hit the button). Disguised, once again, as Earth's saviors they valiantly reclaim the land and subjugate the people they 'save' as they go.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind. All "quantum-enhanced or quantum-manipulating individuals and animals and/or phenomena" are eradicated on sight. All Psi-active or Psi-latent individuals are pressed into service. Otherwise, you have the option of becoming a citizen to the fascist leadership of Quantico and Aeon or staying out of their way.

However, if everyone is content to leave Earth alone, then chances are Aeon and them are pretty much on their own... which means things are pretty bad on the planet... which would mean Aeon and them would probably not give two shits about the blasted planet and move on to colonizing a world that wasn't dead... which would mean it's just the tyrant Abbys and what's left of humanity's Psions to fend for themselves.

Actually, I'm positing that the saturation of telluric energy lead to another Hammersmith-type thing where Psychomorphs, Eximorphs, and the occasional Paramorph emerge naturally. These are mostly going to be on the Adventure!-scale of power (now if only I owned the book laugh ). Basically, I wanted a way for players to be able to have kewl powerz without being beholden to one of the aforementioned tyrant abbys or Aeon holdouts.

You could have a search for the Prometheus chambers, or even one or two already found (or even one of the super chambers that makes the really uber Psions) so humanity has hope by being able to create more Psions in the future.

Sure are some good ideas for adventure hooks. Though I'm unfamiliar with the "super chamber"... which source is that detailed in? Time to dive back into some of those old Trinity books that I never took a heavy look at...

Originally Posted By: Envoy
Color me cynical

How does that even work smile

but I don't think the alien faction behind the Orders would even offer the Chambers to the human survivors, state they'd be in. Think about, earth gets nuked, a bunch of big scary Novas survive and rule the Earth, the solar colonies (and Eden?) fall under the sway/protective envelope of the Novas who saved them, and unless they're feeling like having joy-riding Abberants pop in to pick them up as snacks at will, they wouldn't reject their Nova protectors *too* violently. Quantum wins over humanity, save for a few Psiads...

I think one of the liberties I'm taking is that whatever the eventual form of the alien benefactors who helped Aeon develop the chambers, they made contact before the outbreak of the Aberrant War in earnest. Thus Aeon was able to establish a much more prevalent presence off of Earth and was able to manipulate the few defender-novas into spending themselves against the abbys on earth or relocating to Eden.

So basically, once off of Earth (if it ever goes in that direction), Aeon and- to a lesser extent- the Psi orders keep humanity together throughout the solar system. I'll leave the details of which national holdouts did what colonization later. Oh, but I forgot to mention: Wayland-Yutani owns one of the lunar arcologies laugh

The Doyen just might try and pull off a 'Chromatic Solution' straight off the bat, however they'd arrange that.

Maybe further down the line if this game ever takes off.

Thanks for the input, all. Please, keep it coming.

Archived