Recent developments about my comic

Heritage

Hey there, comics lovers! Many moons ago I swore off running online games in an effort to focus on my pet project, a comic book called 'Grimalkin' (after a few name changes), which hasn't yielded a lot of hard concrete evidence that it even exists outside my fevered brain and several notebooks full of mad scribblins.

But now thanks to a partnership with talented SF-based artist Thom Chiaramonte, the title character has finally been brought to life in colorful pixelated detail! Grim is the alter ego of young Lynn Epstein, the same but very different Lynn Epstein who featured in both versions of my old War Journal game. Other faces and organizations from WJ will show up in mutated form (sometimes literally) in the comic, which will feature an epic scope and unlike many comics take place in 'real time', i.e the characters will learn and grow and eventually some of them will even die, just like Robotech! ::ohmy

Based on my friend Ron's suggestion, it will start out as a webcomic told in chapters, with a plan to ideally collect the digital pages into hard copies for direct sale in the future; my not-so-firm launch date is to have something up on the web by the end of 2009 with regular updates going forward, but we'll see how it goes.

So anyway, enjoy Thom's amazing artwork! ::biggrin

IPB Image

*lurk off*

End of 2009?!?!?!?!?!?!!? *groan* What's the holdup?! ::wink

That's great news H! I look forward to reading it. FYI, I'm the proud owner of the OOTS books which I hadn't ever seriously read online. Starting on the web is definitely a good way to eventually get a hardcopy following or at least test the waters before investing potentially large sums in hardcopy distribution.

Will it be a full story arc at end of 2009?

*lurk on*

P.S. Nice art all around on his site...

End of 2009?!?!?!?!?!?!!? *groan* What's the holdup?! ::wink

That was a conservative estimate, things might move along faster than that (I hope). The delay is actually the switch to the web format, because I decided to go the old 'Year 1' route and go back to Grim before she was Grim, which has lead to a few new characters and my decision to do an actual origin story, all of which is super-cool!

That's great news H! I look forward to reading it. FYI, I'm the proud owner of the OOTS books which I hadn't ever seriously read online. Starting on the web is definitely a good way to eventually get a hardcopy following or at least test the waters before investing potentially large sums in hardcopy distribution.

I was resistant to go with the webcomic format at first, for a wide variety stupid reasons, but my buddy Ron encouraged me to do so since it's much easier to start online and hope for eventual publication.

And yeah, OOTS is a great example of how to do a webcomic well, in both formats.

Will it be a full story arc at end of 2009?

I'm still trying to flesh out the first origin arc a bit better, which is moving very quickly, and then I have a few more planned for the first year before I get to the stuff I originally planned to launch the comic, but I'm not sure about how long the first few arcs will be, artistic style needs to be determined (still lacking a regular artist!), etc.

P.S. Nice art all around on his site...

Yeah, he's good and very fun to work with on these projects.

Archived