Aberrant RPG - What do you like about Aberrant?

I like the feel of the game for the most part. It's difficult to pin down, but the ingrediants in the cannon story line seem at first to be simple copies of comic book aspects (ie, T2M-UN supported Justice League, Teragen-Anti-human Mutant angst, Directive-Shield, XWF-Marvels old Unlimited Class Wrestling, etc.) but the twist done to them makes them so much more enjoyable.

I like the cannon atmosphere, it presents me with a well throught out basis for a game that can still be altered a great deal without losing the original setting.

I like the power system. I like it more than some simply I think, because I recognize that Aberrant is *not* a system for superheroes. It is a system for novas. No, you can't duplicate Batman perfectly in it, but you aren't supposed to. It's not a design flaw, it was design intent.

And, most of all, I like a lot of the people who seem to get into it. Y'all are a pretty kewl buncha folks with remarkably few exceptions.

Laterz

• 1 month later...

My personal fav book has to the ther Terrigan book.

It really makes the Terrigan become more than just another group of bad guys just waiting for T2M to beat up.

It gives a really good look into why they do what they do and I loved the various factions within the group.

Also there were some very interseting characters that they interduced that I put into my campaign.

Overall I just thought it was a good read for a (kinda) good price (I got mine used).

Realism, a richly constructed world to tweak or break as necessary, the story telling system (God, I got sick of Champions and the math after a while) and a fairly decent spread of power.

The best part really is just an aspect of the "richly constructed world". The core book itself answers the question of what people with superpowers would do. Besides putting on spandex and fighting crime with their villainous counterparts. I like the occassional comic but after a while you always wondered why the heck Doc Doom didn't just invent the next generation of OS and put Bill Gates out of business. Or PRofessor X never did anything about the really crappy PR problems of mutants.

Archived