Immortel (Ad Vitam)

ezekiel

I just watched a very weird movie...Not surprising when its directed by Enki Bilal and based on one of his comic books. (French hardcover comic books, nothing at all like DC, Marvel and others of the same variety.)

I'm a big fan of Bilal and once you get used to the visuals its a pretty good movie. Basically its 2095 (or weird not quite cyberpunk future) and the world is populated by humans, mutants, aliens and artificials. A Pyramid suddenly appears and floats over New York City. (Books were set in Paris but I think this is one of Bilal's rare concessions for marketing the film..) Unsurprisingly in this blasé world, this doesn't create as much of an uproar as one would expect. Is it another alien (yawn), something else? Horus, creator of man and woman, is banished as an immortal by the pantheon of Egyptian gods and given seven days for one last fling on earth. Unfortunately for him, finding a shell (a human to possess) isn't as easy as it used to be since humans aren't pure anymore...cybernetics, mutants, etc. However, Nikopol, a revolutionary imprisoned in hibernation for thirty-some years falls from a hibernation ship (his capsule falls with others) and Horus finds the body...then starts a weird schizophrenic relationship and love story...

Anyhoo...weird, ya..but in a good way. It definitely won't make it big at the Box Office, I think its just coming out in the US now. Came out in France end of March (though the movie is in English) and I just bought the VCD for about 3 bucks... ::biggrin Asian VCD market yay!

Btw, here's a link to the movie's site though it's in French...

I certainly loved the look of the front splash... only to be sent to a less informative site than expected (I don't speak french, so you could argue that even a full film page would have been just as informative, but I was kind of hoping to get 'gists').

Aahhh IMDb... for all our english needs.

The trailer certainly looks impressive... a pity it's in french... you say the actual movie is in english (I can cope with subtitles if not)? Hey, I'm bought... were do I sign? ::thumbsup

NB- upon reading my post through, I understand it sounds particularly random... but, I can't think of any other way at the mo...

Archived