Flooded- again

SnakeEyes

A little rant.

For all of you brits in the midlands, you know what it was like yesterday and the few days before that. Most of britain would, but midlands (now mudlands) got hit hard. Last night I had to move the computer upstairs, but not before going out side to shift sandbags and firebricks to protect the garage and back garden. We built a little flood wall of hollows (large breeze blocks for those who don't know) on a dry day (the rarest of british days), only to create a pond of our front garden. ::blink. Of course, we also had raw sewage mixed in with near foot-deep water. Now, I wouldn't mind all this generally, except my house gets flooded everytime it rains. Hard or light.

Now here's the rant I promised.

The fire brigade couldn't do anything because the drains were blocked. We've contacted severn trent every time we flooded because of the road drains being inadequate. And each time we've been fobbed off. We've spoken to the head of network sewerage in severn trent (Ian Smith- his name must be known), who came out to us once- then promptly lost all of the info we gave him. (please note, this is after we rang both the council and severn trent, trying to find out whose responsibility it was. Even after we got it in writing, severn trent still deny responsibility.) He told us recently that they would send out a survey to our neighbours about flooding. I say recently, it was over a month ago, and nothing has been done. He told us last week, that they had discovered a telegraph pole penetrating the drains, which had been removed and will have sorted the problem. When we next phoned about the flooding (not Mr. Smith, just the normal phonelines), we were told that no telegraph pole had been removed, and that they had yet to liase with BT. So Mr. Smith was lying through his teeth, just like everything else he had said he would do. We have been complaining for 3 years now, and the only thing that has happened is our house and neighbouring houses being put on the 'at risk' register. ::angry

Phew. Sorry for that, it was either I rant here, or I shout at someone. ::unsure

Cheers, SnakeEyes.

Archived