The Obligatory 'Con Season Question

ronin

Alright, it is in fact that time of year again, and so too is it time for my annual foray into the world of cat-herding, or in other terms, trying to find anyone else who's going to any convention that I'll be attending this year.

Not that this is solely for me, mind. If any of you can find a 'con that two or more of you are going to, more power to you. But primarily, I'm curious if anyone is going to be hitting any of my rounds this year and might like to get a game together or hang out or even meet, because that's what 'cons have come to be about for me.

This year, it's:

Origins Game Convention 2004 in Columbus, OH and

Otakon 2004 in Baltimore, MD

Any takers?

I'm writing for Unicon , which the various University Roleplaying clubs are organising. That's in September. Conquest was on Easter (I didn't go, as it was my birthday that weekend), I wrote for Arcanacon in January, and I'm mildly curious as to what's going on at DWARFcon , although I probably won't be attending, because I know that regardless of which of the two weekends of the winter break it's over, I'm already booked (one week helping my local Uni SCAers, the other My local Uni Sci-Fi club camp).

I'm spoilt for cons, although I believe I pointed that out last year. If I was into anime, I could also go to Manifest in August, but I'm not, so I probably won't. This is just the cons in my home town! If I felt like travelling, there's pretty much a con a month Down in oz...

Even better, from what I've seen down here, the Hygenic:Cat Piss Guy ratio here is definitely far more in favour of the Hygenic. Oh, and male:female ratio is far more equal too. Could be related...

Archived