World of Darkness: Balance of Power - Emerald Steps

Jewel Starglass

Everything truly begins with Desire. To truly live was to embrace Desire. Your Desires are Your Own.

Her life before her time in Arcadia had been a calmer one, but she remembered wishing for something more, to make her life more interesting. Well, be careful what one wishes for, or you might get more then you bargained for. She had gotten a lot more then she bargained for when she was dragged off to serve the Prince. Now, she embraced her desires, and encouraged others to do the same, and by embracing desire, pushed away the Gentry and their agents. Of course, it also allowed her to truly live, to keep life from ever being boring on uninteresting. She didn't hate her old life, in fact, she missed some things about it, but she did believe that by embracing something totally different, she made is so that her Keeper might never find her. Besides, while she had wrath at what was done to her, and fear for what might yet happen, as well as sorrow for what was lost, she didn't wish to embrace those feelings.

She was thinking about this as she stepped up onto the stage, beginning the erotic dance that drew the various gazes of men.. and some women. To each of them, her dance designed to awaken desire, to let her taste a hint of exquisite desire, to build their lust until she could almost taste it. Technically, she owned this place, she didn't have to dance if she didn't desire too, but with some work, it was a way to harvest Glamour, and it was fun too. Also, by encouraging desire among humanity, she was serving her Court's purpose. She would have never done this during her previous life, even if she had secretly wanted too.

Reveling in inhibitions discarded, must as she discarded the very clothing she was wearing, she moved on the stage, having draw the eyes of much of the crowd. Of course, she depended on beauty, grace and skill to draw the eye, and she was quite at it. She didn't go for tawdry or cheap, she didn't wish to give that impression, she wanted to give more of a impression of grace and beauty, and to awaken lust. It was something she was actually quite good at, and when the moment came, she came to the edge of the stage, wearing nothing but her skin, and choosing one of the young men there, she gave him a deep kiss, and she drank of his desire, refilling her stores of glamour as she did, before moving back and off stage, vanishing behind the curtain at the back of the stage, then the door behind that.

Not bothering to get dressed, she was about to continue on, when she heard someone speak on her left. "Arouse, tease and tantalize, build desire to dizzying heights, then vanish at the end, without answering that desire. You really enjoy doing that, don't you, Jewel?"

She turned to face the owner of the voice, one of the allies she had gain from the Summer Court sense she joined the Spring Court. "Why, one might almost think you were jealous? See something you like?" She stretched out her arms, displaying herself to best advantage. Of course, the other fae saw her true form, that of a beautiful woman made of glass, rather then her human seeming.

"Perhaps." Was the response she heard, then the other changeling came a bit closer. "If your trying to provoke me to wrath, my lovely glass maiden, I won't waste my anger on minor things. Besides, Jewel, we're friends of a sort, would you really deny me a desire, if you could answer it?"

She turned to look at Micheal, his form crackling with lighting, from his elemental kith, he looked as though he was made of lighting to her eyes. His Summer Mantle though, added a hint of a shimmering haze. "No, Michael, I wouldn't, not if you really wanted it." She winked at him, then moved to the stairs, after all, clothing, should she want some, was up in her room, as was the doorway to her hidden home in the hedge.

"What brings you here, today, Michael Warspark, Knight of the Summer Flame?" She turned her words somewhat formal, as she found the shirt that was about thigh length, and looked like a ordinary shirt with ivy patterns to mortal eyes, but was a dress made of ivy to changeling and fae.

"I was thinking of perhaps introducing you to a few other summer court fae, after all, you did save my life with your Summer Contract, healing me at the edge of the battle. And while I am bound to a Motley already, one who does not seek new members, there are a few others forming out there. You did indicate interest in that, I believe?"

"Yes, I did." She pulled on a pair of suede boots, then picked up her belt, checking the sheath in which her sword was kept, and put it on as well. "Fine, let's go.. I know a shortcut." She took Michaels hand, grasping it, and made a knocking sound on the mirror in the room.

A moment later, the mirror shimmered, and beautiful crystal tower appeared in the mirror. A step, and they were through, to her own personal hollow. "If we follow the path that way, it should open up to the Freehold." Michael smiled, and walked with her down the path, into the Freehold.

Garrett had been informed by Michael that Garrett was wanted to meet a friend of his. Garrett was inside Penny Royale when his eyes picked up the forms exiting the Hedge. Seeing the glass figure coming through beside Michael, Garrett recognized Jewel.

He'd met her briefly when she'd first arrived, and thought not unkindly of her. That may have been her attractive looks though. He nodded as they walked to him.

"Hello, Michael. Pleased to meet you again Jewel."

She looked over the other Changling, studying his beastly features a moment, then glanced a Michael, who nodded. She then smiled at Cheetah Anar, followed with a graceful curtsy. "It is a pleasure to meet another Knight of the Summer Court, I am Jewel Starglass of the Spring Court, might I have the honor of your name, sir?" She asked.

Archived