Aberrant: Dead Rising - Cold Beer and a resolution [complete]

Dan Hawkins

James said, "If we're going to offer to trade for a woman or two, then let's make it a serious trade. Gold coins, alcohol, canned food, and a pair of generators. I've got all of that stashed around."

Retrospectively James felt pleased about seeing in the early weeks that having some generators stashed would be useful. The gold he had mixed feelings about. For a while he'd had a gold bug and kept what he'd found, after a while he'd realized if you couldn't eat it, kill zombies with it, or make love to it then it probably wasn't worth very much. On the other hand maybe the prison guards hadn't reached that stage of realization.

James continued, "Not going ballistic is easy, just remind yourself lots of people will die if you do and if you don't then we're going to come back soon and trash the place. The hard part won't be getting them interested in us, the hard part will be getting them to play fair without letting them know we're supers."

"I'm thinking one of us, goes in, makes the offer, and then someone else drives up in an armored car filled with the stuff. That's the point where they'll try to jump us if they're going to try to, so we should tell them the car is loaded with C4 and if they try to just take it, it goes boom and takes down the jail. Rather than real C4 I'd suggest modeling clay. If it gets to that point we'll have to use powers instead."

Archived