HAPPY DAYS! Look inside!

Sakurako Hino

Well, first Endeavor gets a piccie of herself, and now yours truely is getting... A NEW COMPUTER! That means... I ight be able to start getting serious about doing some of my own artwork. Not to mention I'll be able to do better stuff. So, to celebrate, I need to ask the crew here a question: What should I name my new computer? I do this simply for vanity's sake. As an added bonus, the name will also be the name of Endeavor's new mainframe! So, fire away! ^_^

If only I could have won that Powerball... What I could have done with 300 million... frown

Hmmm.

The large HDs are great, but don't expect to be running Unreal Tournament on a P-500 with a Voodoo3. Still, if you're gettin' it for free, that's still the bestest deal of all...

As for a name, I call mine The Beast. Mostly because it's built into a server tower and it's a beast to move. smile

Suprisingly though, there's alot I can run. I'm not shooting for Unreal Tournament. I could Run Half-Life, Q2, Possibly Q3...maybe, All of the dooms up to Final... blah blah... It's also fast enough for Photoshop, 3DStudio Max, and other graphics programs. And any word processing is a cinch. All I need to get for it is a scanner, and possibly a tablet. Then I'll be rocking.

Here's a few names I've been coming up with.

Isengard (My new compy is a tower. heheh.)

Neo-Yggdrasil (A always go back to that...)

NERV-Zero (I won't use that for Endeavor's server, but I might.)

Helms Deep (Another LOTR reference.)

Memory Alpha (Sounds computer-ish.)

The Box

The Cube

Wanderer (The new computer has passed through 2 owners before me)

Nomad (For the same reasons as above)

Digi-Kami (Silly, and vetoed in my head in about 1 second)

Shadowfax (The third LOTR name)

Crystal Haven

That's all I can come up with out of my head. I'm still watching.

• 1 month later...

A Tablet is used for sketching on the computer. It consists of a tablet, and a "pen" which when moved across the surface, moves the mouse pointer. God I want one. Too bad I got no USB ports, and most or all are USB tablets. frown

Oh well, this 400 mhz relic is still cutting edge enough for me to enjoy life.

And I've decided to call my computer Kyoko. I believe in Japanese it translates to "Mirror". This computer literally is a mirror of my old one. Except Stronger, Faster, Better.

I think kyoko means apricot. Are you thinking of kagami? If you wanted something mirror-like, these may help:

kyoukan = paragon/mirror

majikkumiraa = magic mirror

rifurekushon = reflection

sansei = deep reflection (meditation)

naisei = introspection/reflection on one's self

ranhansha = diffused reflection

shinkyou = divine mirror/sacred mirror

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

(Who returned from Japan in 2001)

It's not as bad as you think. Look at how many different ways you could describe something as simple as a container of beverage in english. Cup, glass, mug, chalice, stein, wineglass, toaster, snifter, can, bottle...

Being able to communicate a basic idea and observing the local customs will take you far, even if a four year old has a greater vocabualry.

Just making the effort to learn is appreciated.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Archived