Melbourne Conventions?

Hey peoples,

Any of the Australians on the board considering going to any of the Melbourne Roleplaying Conventions? We got three of them throughout the year, and while I always go with friends, it'd be fun to see some of you guys down there. It doesn't hurt that I write often for these conventions.

For those who want to know:

Arcanacon - Australia Day Long Weekend. I might be running, and I have some ideas. Considered by many to be the best of the Melbourne Cons, with generally good games and a pretty good atmosphere.

Conquest - Easter Long Weekend. I don't typically attend as Easter is usually pretty heavy committment-wise, but I turned up this year, I may turn up next year...

DWARFCON - Would have run last weekend, but RetroCon ran instead. Another one that I don't typically go to, but I may consider going to a day or two if people are willing. Since it's during the Melbourne Uni Break, there's usually a ton of stuff happening, but I can clear if people are interested...

RetroCon - Last weekend past. DWARFcon is the usual spot for that weekend, There's some talk of moving RetroCon to the Queen's Holiday Long Weekend. It's a con completely dedicated to running games previously run at other conventions.

UniCon - Sept. 30 - Oct. 2nd. The Con I try to support as much as possible. Is the designated "Small Con" of the Melbourne Area. I am running a game there this year, currently titled "Get Who?" (It's a Get Smart tabletop game).

As a note, all the cons listed except (I think) RetroCon also run Warhammer Tournaments. Conquest and Arcanacon typically run Board Game tournaments as well.

Anyone interested? I am willing to provide crash space if you're not native...

Hmm... Melbourne's an Airline center, but then I know you can also train it down here if you're willing to take a day or two out of your life. It'd probably be close to Gold Coast -> Brisbane -> Sydney -> Melbourne. Train're still pretty cheap, all things considered.

It's a shame, I know some Canberra people who go to Arcanacon without fail each year, but unfortunately I don't know many Gold Coasters. If I knew any I'd let you know, you might've been able to hitch a lift with one of them...

Archived