Drivethrurpg

Augment

Has anybody bought through these guys before. I just purchased the Aberrant: Underworld from them yesterday morning. I was not able to download because I couldn't connect to their server. I e-mailed them and they told me to give it another shot, well I tried again no luck, tried this morning before work...no luck, sent them another e-mail and have yet to get another reply, so I tried again when I got home from work tonight, no luck still.

I was just wondering if I should be worried that I lost my $7.95, or if I can actually trust these guys since they are linked on white-wolf's website for e-books.

From their forums:

Quote:
Looks like downloads.drivethrurpg.com is down.

It has been down since last night 9PM EST Friday 15th. That makes it 12 hours now. Talk about unprofessional.

Their front page has been updated saying that if you've bought a book, it will be available to you as soon as they get the server back up. I've never bought from them, but looks like you just had a bit of bad timing.

I have bought numerous things from them in the past with no problems except for one time when I lost connection mid download. I emailed them and they simply reactivated something and I downloaded it again. but never was the wait this long.

• 3 weeks later...

While White Wolf and DriveThruRPG are seperate companies with seperate goals, they're both owned by the same people. I think they're pretty reliable.

And for those of you who don't like their DRM, soon enough they'll be converting everything over to a watermarked PDF. It's just a standard PDF with your name and order number added to the bottom of each page. Anyone who bought a DRM'd ebook will be able to redownload it once it gets converted to watermark.

Archived