Aberrant: 200X - Despite the Imperfections..

Eliot Krogen

Despite his inability to go unnoticed, Eliot Krogen spent a relatively small amount of time around people. People around Vancouver loved him but they all knew him. He was a local there and everyone saw his face on a regular basis. Sure, a lot of people stood and stared but it was nothing that anyone expected to go away. And despite however much Eliot just wanted to get to the store or the airport, he never minded the occasional autographs or mobs following him. In this particular instance, Eliot needed to get to his family's. It was near the time of his sisters birthday, so a celebration was in order.

"Alright!" He shouted into the phone. "Yes, I know!" He was laughing and having a generally good time as he stepped into the cab, not paying any mind to whom the driver was. Holding the phone to his chest he softly mouthed the word 'airport' to the driver. His uncaring eyes showed a recognizable obedience than was on his way. "It won't be! Come on, that was years ago when I was far worse off than I am now." He laughed. "It's not creepy! Its natural!" ... "Yes, for a nova." He said, sounding defeated. "See you in a while. Yep." Were his words as he closed the phone with a smile on his face. His eyes connected with the driver of the taxi and he nodded.

"How's your day going?" The driver said in an unmistakably not-Canadian accent.

"Great!" Eliot gleefully said. "I mean, so long as you get me to that airport on time. If not, I think I might be eaten alive!" He said, laughing. The cabbie nodded and smiled. "No, it's my sisters birthday and this is the last flight out. Take your time, we got a few minutes to spare."

"Will do, sir." The driver said politely.

Silence took hold of the cab as Eliot couldn't quite figure out why he wasn't comfortable. His mind occasionally told him to talk more but the driver did not seem to want to hear it. It was the complete silence that made Eliot feel weird. Its like the outside world was closed to the taxi and the radio were even turned off. It was only minutes later that the cab pulled to the side of the otherwise empty road.

NOTE: Like seriously, this went further than I thought it would. Very violent and graphic. Like seriously. I warned you. If you'd like send me a message and I will just give you the shorthand of what happens.

_________

"Now if you don't mind, Mr. Krogen." The cabbie turned and gave him a half smile. "I was paid good money to bring you here, to this point." The driver turned his head back to the forward position and honked the horn. "I like you and I like your work."

Eliot seemed to be frozen, like a deer caught in the headlights.

"But I need money so I hope you forgive me." Those were the drivers departing words as he opened the door and exited the cab. There was only silence as the door stood open. Eliot tried the doors over and over but with little luck. He was shocked to find that someone had replaced the driver in his assigned seat. She wore a veil but there was an unmistakable feeling in his stomach, something that would make him remember that he was a nova.

Tasha Kronkoff, AKA Zombie girl, took off the veil once they reached a respectable speed. She could see Eliot's terrified eyes in the back seat as his hands were attempting to circumvent the broken handle so that he might escape this prison. "Eliot." Tasha said in her deadpanned voice with a hint of Russian, her eyes fixated in his. "You're possibly the most likable victim I will encounter. Ever."

Eliot spent a considerable amount of time trying to cool his mind. He knew his eyes were betraying him, showing his fear and his madness. This girl was a grotesque being which no one should ever need to lay eyes on. It was then that he noticed they were avoiding all lights and were on their way out of the city. "What do you want?" He said, his eyes looking deep into hers. His voice was the equivalent to a cool breeze on a summers day.

His voice sent shivers down her spine and she bit her lower lip, drawing little blood. It was several moments before she could bring herself to speak. Her eyes never moved from the mirror. "I.. " She'd never expected that it would affect her like this. She wanted to betray her unspoken vow to her nova God just to hear this man speak again. It was like nothing she'd ever heard before and it was only the thoughts of blasphemers that could make her concentrate. Still, she couldn't take her eyes off him. "I heard you finished your documentary and.. " She had to take a breath and close her eyes. They were starting to water. " ..people paid me to tell you never to release it." She was focused so much on his eyes that her duties of driving were completely and entirely neglected.

Eliot knew the risk he was taking in his attempt to distract her. He knew that he had to get away from this insane women, especially after hearing her plan. He'd received several threats about his documentary but was unsure of their validity until now. They had sent a girl who had not even life to lose. So when he saw her looking at him and saw that they were quickly approaching the wall. He spoke a few words in Russian, having picked up on her accent. It was about being sorry.

It was nothing like the movies. The thunderous collision could be heard miles away as the car impacted the enforced cement wall. The taxi had been going well over 50 miles per hour and in mere seconds it came to a complete stop. Tasha was hurled from the seat and through the windshield, taking the steering wheel and a good portion of the column too. Her body impacted the wall and almost entirely crumpled. It took a few minutes for Eliot to open his eyes, feeling as his chest and pelvis had been crushed to a mere powder. Pieces of metal and glass were embedded in all parts of his body, moving or not. His arm was dreadfully contorted in impossible ways and the sounds of sirens still miles away were piercing. He eventually focused his eyes on the limp and twisted body of Tasha Kronkoff. Several jagged pieces of unidentifiable material pierced her from all directions, but the impossible happened as she began to stir. Eliots eyes blurred and his body went limp.

Tashas first thoughts were ones of mercy. She'd been taken from her miserable existence on the plane of earth and taken to somewhere and couldn't be happier. But when her eyes opened and she was right where she left herself, it was like Christmas morning when she was a girl. Everything she had ever wanted was right there and she couldn't have been happier. Slowly getting up, Tasha removed the large chunks of metal and glass that pierced her torso slowly, relishing in the pain. She remembered slowly how the situation came to be as she stared at the beautiful and unconscious body of her assaulter and victim. She slowly crawled over the beaded glass and into what could no longer be called a vehicle only to land next to the body of. Eliot. Slowly she shook him, noticing how broke his body was. "Eliot.. " She softly moaned, her wounds closing one by one. His eyes heavily opened and there was almost a moan. 'He's alive' she caught herself thinking. He tilted his head to look at her face, his body to tired and injured to attempt an escape. The sirens were still far off, Tasha knew. "Eliot.. " She softly moaned again. "I just want you to know that you did this.. " She whispered in his ear. Her tongue slipped from among her lips as she licked his ear ever so softly, her head drawing closer and closer to his own. Soon her lips were on him and her mouth opened wide. The blood curdling scream took only seconds to desist as blood seemed to explode down his hair and covered her chin and cheeks. The noises of bone crunching existed only in that moment. As she drew her head away her eyes seemed to realize what had happened. There were small chunks of his skull and ear missing, a mixture of blood and saliva covered them both. Kicking out the door and ignoring the blood she left behind, Tasha limped off, long before help would arrive.

Archived