Aberrant: 200X - War Stories for the Troubled

Zombie

1st September, 2008

Town of Eyl, Puntland Region, Somalia

Tasha Kronkoff sat atop a small stone divider near the outskirts of the secluded desert city. Her skin was grey, hair was black, and she wore a black dress that just seemed to cover her in all the wrong spots. Her face might have been near average if it hadn’t been rotting. The skin around her eyes, lips, and nose were red and blood ran slowly down her face. Even in all of this horror, she looked rather content to be her.

It was very, very warm on this night. This post-apocalyptic town was seeing a battle that it’d never seen before. Gunfire and sounds of war was nothing new but this was a bloody revolution. Civilians stood on the streets, all dumbstruck at the idea that something might be happening in this hellhole. Whether they looked at it as a blessing or a curse, Tasha knew they were being saved with something that she considered a fine art. Gunfire seized for moments, followed by an explosion that would color the night sky. It was blinding. Tasha could only imagine the attention that this would bring to the battle which seemed to be ending. Even in all of this horror, she looked rather content to be there.

Einherjar is working.Tasha thought about this long and hard. I would be a target if someone knew I was here. But how can they not know? The explosions were beginning to die down and she knew the piece of art that Peter Nord had created had come to an end. He must be gone at this point. She sat idle, looking at the havoc and ruin that was left from Einherjars’ acts. She felt jealous of the men who faced the God. If I were to commit war crimes, would he pursue me? By the time she stood up, nearly half an hour had passed. There was still much chaos around the town but it concerned her none.

Archived