World of Darkness: Attrition - Repercussions

Dave ST

The heavy oaken doors engraved with Victorian style patterns slowly opened and the sweet scent of expensive tobacco escaped into the hallways.

Father Leopold Alacious spun around slowly, the overstuffed chair that was positioned behind his desk was nearly as big, or larger than he was. When he saw his guest enter his a smile threatened to shatter his ancient features. Old he may have been but there were very few who did not know and respect, or fear, the name Father Leopold Alacious.

"Come," he said, age cracked his voice and he waved his guest closer. "Come my old friend, sit."

"My apologies Father Alacious, I was held up in Prague." The man replied, bowing slightly before sitting down in one of two chairs meant for visitors.

"Please, think nothing of it Paladin Dane." He raised his hand to cease any further apologies. "You do the The Lord's work, and you do it in accordance to his schedule, not mine. I was overjoyed to hear of your success."

"You humble me with your praise Father, thank you." He replied setting his his hat neatly in his lap. "The dead rest once again in Prague, and we were fortunate enough to exterminate a pack of Lycans as well. Truly The Lord's blessings were upon us all your Holiness."

Father Alacious nodded and smiled broadly. He was pleased to hear such wonderful news, the Crusade against the forces of Satan and his ilk had been one fought for an eternity, so it seemed, and showed no signs of slowing down. "Now, on to business." He slid a manila folder over to Paladin Dane.

The man took several long moments to look over the information before looking up to Father Alacious. "So bold." He finally said. "I hadn't any idea that things were so bad here in the states."

"Indeed my old friend." He nodded his head, a sorrowful gaze became his only expression. "Satan's childer run free to do as they please. Although we do what we can, our resources are limited. Here, in America, the creatures of darkness practically do as they please, and prey on whomever they wish. They've corrupted the law, planted the seeds of avarice, violence, and even threaten to poison the minds of the youth with this... this YouTube."

"Ghastly." Paladin responded, hardly paying attention as his mind was engrossed in the packet of information he'd been handed. He finally looked up and met the Father's righteous stare. "What would you have me do, Your Holiness?"

"Here in Los Angeles is where you'll begin. Anything you need we'll provide. Weapons, crusaders, intelligence." Father Alacious slammed his fist into his desk. "I want them gone!"

"The it shall be done." Paladin Dane stood up slowly and bowed politely.

"Go with God my old friend."

"Sullivan," an attractive woman asked the Paladin as he drove the sleek unmarked black Hummer cautiously through the city streets, obeying every traffic law, even a few the people on the road weren't aware existed. "This list is huge. People at large are going to notice a body count this high."

"I'm aware Crusader Irons." Paladin Sullivan Dane replied casually, slowing the vehicle down as they came upon a yellow lit intersection. "The Lord's work is often very difficult not to notice, but as you say, we'll have to exercise more discretion than we usually do. I do not want civilian casualties this time, if it can be helped."

Without another word the two Hunters drove off into the Los Angeles night to dispense The Lord's Justice to the creatures of the night.

Archived