Aberrant: 200X - A Symphony of Desire & Despair [Mature/Dark]

Tomas Saint-Etienne

Dainty foot and tender heart,

Weight the loaded ferry-raft.

"Wait, ah, wait!" the ripple saith;

"Maiden, wait, for I am Death!"

-Rudyard Kipling, The Ripple Song

She wondered when he would be back. To say that she anticipated his return keenly would be an understatment: she craved his return with all the desire her young heart could muster. She shook her head to clear it of the overwhelming carnal longings. Tomas, my Tomas!

Her mother and father had no idea, of course. Had no idea that the teenage boy who had taken up foster residence with them had been the one to take her virginity. Beth frowned briefly. She had found it odd that her parents had fostered him, to be honest. She hadn't been aware of it until she had come home from college and found him here a week ago. Her mind went off on a tangent, trying to chase down that elusive thread. She'd wanted to know more of him, asked to see his background... And then had forgotten about it. Wasn't that weird?

She shrugged to herself, pacing the lounge of the Sorenson family's beautiful Manhattan apartment. Not really weird, she decided. Tomas was sooo sweet and good, she had taken to him after just five minutes in his company, just like Mom had said. And it was only fair that a family as well-to-do as the Sorensons helped out a poor kid like him. He was so smart, and insightful too. Why, he'd totally understood why she had dumped her boyfriend before coming home. That sleaze had wanted... ugh. All sorts of favors that Beth didn't feel like giving away to some drunken frat boy. Tomas, on the other hand...

Beth sighed, sinking into the sofa and hugging a cushion to her as she thought about her lover's pale, moonlit skin and black hair. She had fancied him some vampire lover, a beautiful virginal incubus. He had responded so warmly to her clumsy advances, taking her in his arms and showing her... everything. Who'd have thought he knew so much about sex?! Or that she would let anyone do all those things to her. But she had liked it, yearned for it, wanted more. She almost couldn't stand the way he'd touched her, as though his hands were under her control and moving just as she wanted them to. That first climax under his fingers had lasted for eternity, so it seemed, and when she recovered her senses she had been dripping in sweat, her voice hoarse from screaming. And since then, she had been his, without reservation or inhibition.

What was taking him so long? Beth chewed a knuckle fretfully. Mom had been looking strangely at him the last few days. Did she suspect? Did she know that the foster kid had screwed her daughter six ways til sunday? Was she going to have the orphanage take him back? Beth jumped to her feet again in agitation, then relaxed a trifle as she heard the door open.

"We're home!" Mom called cheerily from the hallway. Beth nearly flew to the door, remembering at the last moment to hug her mother rather than Tomas. Her mother's cheeks were flushed from the chill New York wind, but Tomas looked as pale and translucent as ever. God, he was so beautiful! Beth felt her insides turn to liquid as he smiled wordlessly at her, and wondered how her knees were keeping her up.

"Welcome home, Mom." Beth took the bags of shopping and started to run through to the kitchen with them, then paused. That scent... the smell hanging around her mother. The older woman was taking off her scarf, but she smelled like... Tomas! Beth shot a glance at the boy, but he couldn't meet her gaze. He looked ashamed. As well he might! But... what if it wasn't his fault. The thought crept into Beth's mind like a poisonous oil slick into clear waters. She looked at her mother, who seemed breezily unconcerned, even happy. Oh, I just bet I know why, too! Bitch! Beth felt like screaming, but managed to stay quiet. She dumped the bags on the counter for her slut mom to put away, then rushed to catch up with Tomas. She found him about to enter his room.

"Tomas. Wait." She caught up with him, placing a hand on his arm with gentle pressure. He wouldn't meet her eyes, and she could smell her mom's perfume on him. Strangely, she didn't feel angry towards him. "What happened out there?"

Tomas closed his eyes, a single tear coursing down each cheek. "Mrs Sorenson... she..." His voice broke and he gulped. "She told me that she knew about us and that... that I would go back to the home if... if..."

"Hush." Beth put a finger to the sweet boy's perfect lips. "That cow. I'm so sorry, Tomas." She tried to cuddle him, but he shied away.

"I'm sorry. I... I just want to be alone right now, Beth." And with that, he disappeared into his room, leaving Beth in the hallway, her brown eyes narrowed in fury and helpless anger.

Later

He joined them for dinner later, and seemed better than earlier. Her mother was chattering away brightly to her dad about the day, talking about the visit to the social worker with Tomas and how that had gone, then the shopping trip. Beth fumed quietly, not saying a word as she studied Tomas for a reaction, trying to see how deeply his hurt ran.

What about the bit where you fucked Tomas, Mom! Tell Dad about that, you bitch! How you damn near raped him. Beth's anger grew and grew, her desperate attempts to rein it in futile, as though the storm inside her was too much for one mind to handle.

Lyn Sorenson's chattering was interrupted by a crash as Beth slammed her cutlery down and nearly jumped to her feet, her face pale. The older woman opened her mouth to remonstrate with the girl, but was struck dumb at the look of pure hate in Beth's eyes.

"Beth?" Her father was the first to react. "What's the matter, honey?" George Sorenson looked at her aghast as Beth's mouth worked furiously, as though words were squirming from her gut and writhing between her teeth.

"Ask her!" Beth near-shrieked, jabbing a finger at her mother. Tomas leaned back from the table, his green eyes wide as he looked from face to face, his beautiful features expressionless. Lyn's face went bright red, then paled in turn as she read Beth's meaning. The older woman's eyes flickered to Tomas, then back at Beth, an ugly light entering them.

"Beth!" George stood now, alarmed and angry as he started to move towards his daughter. "What's gotten into you?" He was taken aback further as his wife stood, her voice a spiteful hiss totally at odds with the woman he loved.

"I'll tell you what hasn't gotten into her. Prissy little bitch needs to get laid, if you ask me." Lyn's eyes looked astonished behind the malice, as though she couldn't quite believe what she was saying and it terrified her.

"Like you, you mean?" Beth said in a deathly quiet voice, unable to help herself. "I just bet I need a sixteen-year old boy to fuck. Is that right, mom?" Her words hit home on both parents, Lyn swaying backwards and looking guilt-stricken and enraged as George gasped, Beth's meaning hitting home to him.

"Lyn? What's she talking about?" He asked redundantly, the blood running from his face. His wife ignored him, focusing on Beth. Tomas' eyes glistened as he leaned further back from the table, his face still impassive save for a slight, unnoticed curve to his lips.

"Oh, and you haven't fucked him too, you little tramp? I've seen you, rutting like animals when you thought no-one was home. I've seen little Miss Proper with her ass in the air begging to be treated like a whore!" Lyn pointed a finger in Beth's face.

"What?" George was totally lost now, confusion and anger swamping his thoughts. "Both of you... stop this now-"

"Oh, shut up dad!" Beth screamed as she turned on him, brown eyes flashing. "If you were giving it to mom she wouldn't be stealing my boyfriend!" George recoiled as though her words had been a blow.

"On that we agree, honey." Lyn turned a malicious eye on her husband. "Face it, George, you're hopeless. Once a month if I'm lucky is no good. I have needs!" The words kept flowing undammed, poison gas erupting from the dark recesses of their souls. Words that were kept for quiet private discussions 'sometime in the future' became weapons of bile and spite. The barbs launched deep into George Sorenson's mind and took root, spawning poison of their own.

"Oh, and I suppose working my ass off so you two whores can fight over jailbait makes me less of a man, does it?" His own face paled further, fury and shame at his betrayal propelling him into the maelstrom of confrontation. "I can see I'm going to have to remind you both who the boss is around here, you fucking bitches!"

Beth started to shriek a rejoinder, but George stepped forwards and swung a clenched fist at his daughter's *bitch! slut!* jaw. Part of him screamed as he saw blood spray from Beth's mouth, a gibbering shred of decency and sanity asked him what the hell he was doing, but it went all but unheeded in his rage. Beth fell like a poleaxed cow, and George turned to his wife. Malice faded to fear in Lyn's eyes as she realised her danger, and she turned to flee. Strong hands caught hold of her arms and yanked her back, a slap making her see stars.

"You want doing properly, hunh?" George growled in her ear as she screamed and struggled, the rage she had felt before leaving her as abruptly and unnaturally as it had come.

"No, George! No! I didn't mean it...!" Her protests were cut off as the drooling, growling maniac that her dear husband had become threw her face-down onto the table. Dishes scattered, a glass broke under her shoulder and gashed her. She felt him tugging at her slacks and struggled, only for him to grab a handful of her hair and slam her head into the table. Momentarily stunned, she was unable to resist as he stripped her below the waist.

"Do you... Do you proper... You, then the little bitch..." George chanted in a mantra of sexual rage as Lyn's wits returned to her. She looked around wildly and spotted Tomas, looking on as though unconcerned. She screamed at him.

"Tomas! Help me- uff!" Her husband clamped one hand over her mouth, his breathing harsh in her ear. She could feel him back there, feel him getting ready. Nonono... Tomas leaned forwards, smiling, his green eyes luminescent.

"I could stop him, you know. After all, I started him off. You, too." The boy smiled with ageless malevolence. "I admit, Lyn, you keep a good house. It's a pity to ruin it. But all good things come to an end, and all that..." Lyn was aware that George had paused in his rape, keeping her pinned but not continuing as Tomas spoke.

"Tomas... Why?" She asked him, her eyes wide. "Ohgod... it was you. The whole time. You and me in the car... I wondered what was wrong with me. You did it!"

"I did." The boy nodded companionably. "I also did your daughter. She was a bit easier than you, but not as guilt-stricken. But don't worry. I didn't leave George out. He and your daughter had some quality time together. Of course, he thought she was you and she thought he was me, though their subconscious minds know the truth. Childs play, really." Lyn gaped at him, trying to conceive of the mind that would do these things.

"But.. why?"

"Always they ask that question." Tomas looked bored as he addressed the air. "The one thing you can count on is never understanding why, Lyn. Now, to business. George is going to rape you. Then he's going to rape Beth. Poor man has been driven quite over the edge. Work pressure, you know. You won't be able to escape, though you will be able to squeal and struggle." Lyn felt the compulsion grow in her mind. *Squeal, but not too loud. Struggle, but don't escape.* Her eyes widened in horror as she realised the import of his power.

"Don't worry, Lyn. You and Beth won't be alone in this. I'll be going through it with you." She felt his presence still in her mind, a gentle insidious touch that made her shiver. "I wish you could see how beautiful you all are to me now, Lyn. How delicious your pain and fear is." He came forward off his chair, his eyes wide with excitement and arousal as he kissed her, a savage insistent kiss that ended with him whispering against her mouth. "In my way, I love you Lyn. I love you to death."

Lyn felt her husband start to move, felt the terrible pressure of him at her rear, and screamed. But not too loudly.

Archived