Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Summer Soul, Winter Wind [Mature] (FIN)

"His name is Yaozu," Infinity sighed as they sank together on the couch. "Or at least that's what he told me. I've attempted to verify with Mom, but she doesn't remember every baseline she's killed, so that's a no-go. And so right now, I'm not sure what to do about him. I don't even know where to find him."

If Phaethon were to help her, Infinity knew that she'd be alright. There was something about him, about his presence that was so reassuring. She was suddenly aware that they were alone - no Ptesan-Wi, no party-goers - just the two of them. It was something that she'd been dreaming about this, before the time with Yaozu. But now that it was here, she wasn't sure what she should do. She turned toward him and put her arm over him, her hand coming to rest on his waist. With a deep sigh, she snuggled into him, feeling good for the first time in a while.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is your world, your home turf." Phaethon told Infinity with a smile, his cheek resting against hers as he returned the embrace. "Whatever the situation, whatever the plan, I'll help you. Better that than have to sky-write you every time I need to find you." He chuckled musically. "But that's the future. Right now, I'm just happy to be here."

He looked around her apartment, smiling. "So, this is how the other half lives?" He used the phrase with a certain stiltedness, as though he was trying it out. The next line was more natural, a certain devil-may-care charm crooking his lips in a smile. "When do we get to hit those L.A parties you told me about?"

"Other half? The ninety-nine percent of the world that doesn't live in a cave? Is that the other half you speak of?" Infinity asked with a laugh. "Though... from what you told me about Pangaea, you've never living in a building before, have you? C'mon, lemme give you a tour, then we'll talk parties, you animal."

She hopped up and pulled him to his feet, holding his hand as she pulled him into the kitchen. She gave him a quick rundown of how the appliances worked before taking him to the bathroom and showing him the shower, sink and toilet. Then she walked into her bedroom, still drawing him forward. Feeling her heart rate pick up a bit, she said, "And this is a bed. I sleep in this one, to be exact."

She dropped his hand and flopped back onto it. Propping herself up on her arms, she looked up at him. "So, do you like my place?"

He grinned as she led him through the apartment, bright eyes watching curiously as she showed him the appliances. They seemed simple enough in concept, though he found the idea of cooking food without direct control over the flames to be somewhat clumsy. The fridge was filled with initially strange foods that he was curious about, but not needing to eat, he simply filed trying them out under his 'to-do' list and followed Infinity as she tugged him out of the kitchen. She seemed much happier than when he first arrived, much less world-weary. His mood darkened as he thought about the criminal who was attacking her. His father had told him of the Heaven Thunder Triad and how they were despicable animals. Despite being of a far gentler nature than Procyon, lacking the elder Terat's capacity for terrifying wrath, the Sun King's heir knew he was more than capable of defending himself and others... lethally if need be.

As Infinity finished the tour in her bedroom, Phaethon looked around curiously, bare feet trailing over the carpet as he paced around her bed. Sleep was something he rarely needed, but not all novas were the same. There were some Opchips next to a player/terminal and he looked at them before studying the pictures on the walls, his aesthetic sense comparing the decor with what he knew of Infinity. It didn't seem like her, somehow. But this was a hiding place, probably not her real home. With that understanding he smiled at her as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I like sleeping from time to time. It's nice to dream. But I've never had a bedroom." Still sitting, he bounced on the bed experimentally and grinned. "It's comfortable, I'll give it that." He flopped back in imitation of her, laying on his back and turning his face to her. "I think I like your place just fine, Infinity." he told the girl, smiling without artifice.

Infinity lay back, turning so that his golden face was very close to her own. Before her time with Yaozu, she might have just rolled over and taken the chance of seducing him. But she'd learned temperance, or maybe just fear. She was having too much fun to risk ruining it if Phaethon just didn't want her. Or if he was with Ptesan-Wi in the permanent, life-binding way.

"How long are you staying?" she asked, rolling onto her side and letting her breasts brush his arm. Slow and steady... Resisting the urge to run her fingers over his lips, she instead said, "You can stay as long as you want, though, so don't think about leaving because you might be 'imposing' or some shit. You're welcome in my house for as long as you want to stay."

Was he this beautiful on the beach?

His smile widened as he returned her stare, his pupils dilating wide in their pools of shimmering gold-flecked green as he felt her body's softness press against him. He wasn't sure what it was about her that made him burn so: objectively there were more lovely novas out there, he knew, but ever since their first meeting on the beach something about Infinity had captured his interest, even with Ptesan-Wi naked jogging into the water past him. Maybe it was their relative ages. Perhaps it was that they were so different. It could even be fate of some kind. Whatever it was, Phaethon liked it.

He rolled up on his side too, leaving them both face to face, bodies barely touching as he examined her brown eyes, her black hair and pale features. Maybe it was the contrast, her cool tones next to his. He slid a hand over and around her waist in a gentle hug.

"I'd like to stick around for a while." he told her with open-hearted certainty, then smiled again, his eyes dancing with innocent merriment. "You don't need to worry about me stealing the bed, either. I don't need to sleep. That much imposition I can spare you."

Oh, ouch... that was one of the nicest 'he's not that into you' lines I've ever heard, Infinity grumbled to herself. "To be honest, our couch is pretty comfortable," she said. "I've fallen asleep there a lot. Watching movies, or listening to music."

His hand was such a pleasant touch against her back. She shifted a little, enjoying the brush of her body against his. With a soft sigh, she slipped her hand up between them, spreading her fingers across his chest. The feel of him pressing against her like this was enough to almost make her forget what she'd been talking about.

"But if you do want to sleep, let me know. I'll find a comfy place for you to rest," she added, her voice just a little too breathy for normal conversation. Like on top of me...

Her hand pressing against his bare chest reminded him of the party, of the time they had fed each other and kissed, and Phaethon's smile became softer, his eyes more dreamy as he felt his heart jump under her hand again.

"I thought about you... and me. Like this." His voice was soft as he leaned against her touch. "Even on grey days where I had to go above the clouds to sunbathe, it kept me from feeling down. I kept wanting to just go, to fly here and see you. But there was so much I didn't understand about life here. I spent some time researching, I guess." He grinned slightly. "You know, normal everyday things like cultures, music, languages, art, air traffic control patterns: stuff that comes under the heading of 'things the modern nova needs to know'."

"I know there's a lot I don't get yet, and a lot that I'll be needing to learn in the long time I'll be here." He leaned a little closer to her, drowning in her warm brown eyes. "I didn't want to be a total embarrassment, that's all."

"I've... I've thought about you, too," she murmured, feeling her breath catch in her throat. "But you didn't... Never mind that. I'll teach you anything you need to know," she said, daring to run a finger along his jawline. "I want to teach you, and even without that, I don't think I'd find you embarrassing. You're too wonderful to be embarrassing. Just can't happen."

She ran her finger up his ear, following the outer curve until she could brush it through his hair. "I'm glad you came. Really glad." She clicked her tongue stud against her teeth and considered kissing him. But her courage failed her and she just contented herself with running her hand down his chest again.

He felt delicious tingles as her finger trailed up the side of his face and into his hair, and wondered why she hadn't kissed him yet. She hadn't hesitated on the beach... or had she? He thought hard about it. She had started to once or twice, but held back. He followed that thought down, his agile brain learning this new thing with ease and amazement. She wanted to be kissed, not do the kissing perhaps. She had kissed him last time; maybe this time it was supposed to be his turn. He didn't really know how... but how did people find out anyway? Mind made up, he slid his hand up along the curve of her body, up over her shoulder and to her face, tenderly cupping one cheek.

"I have something you gave me." he told Infinity, deadpan, his eyes smiling. "It was a reminder to come and see you. I'm here now, so..." And he lowered his lips to hers in a sweet kiss, full of untapped, innocent passion.

She had about three seconds to try to remember what she'd given him before drawing a complete blank. Then she didn't care at all, as he throughly kissed her. Ok, so he is into you, one part of Infinity's mind said, while the rest descended into incoherent burbling noises. His lips sent tingles down her body, as though he were kissing her all over.

She broke the kiss long enough to move her arm, slipping it under his head so that she could draw him close with it. She resumed the kiss immediately, starting a much less innocent exploration of his mouth. The hand on his chest began to stroke his skin, trying to find all of his sensitive spots. She hooked a leg over his hip, drawing his lower body closer to her own.

This, just this, was better than she ever imagined.

There a thing called kissing, which can be dryly described as an intimate, affectionate gesture usually bestowed by one person on another. Then there was kissing, which is a sport for two, a lot more fun and generally preferred by consenting folks wherever mutual attraction rears it's head, no pun intended.

What was going on here was kissing. Kissing can't really be described with any great ease in words. In fact, it usually defies description. Writers often try, though. Anyone whose ever done any kissing knows what it's like. It starts in the heart and soul and becomes a whole-body experience. Toes curl, breath seems to stop in lungs, muscles tense, hearts thunder and a person feels like they'll never, ever be able to stop experiencing the lips, mouth and tongue of the wonderful, wonderful person with them.

That's what Phaethon was going through. He was just lucky he didn't need to breathe.

He was also an apt pupil. As Infinity drew him nearer to her with her leg, he slipped his other arm under her and pressed himself to her. Through her top he felt her soft breasts against his chest, her hair tickling his shoulder and arm. His tongue, hesitantly at first, but then with greater confidence started to flicker against hers as Infinity kissed his mouth inside and out. He was aware of her soft murmurs, aware that he was making those sounds too. And he realised why his father had always told him "You'll understand, one day." when asked about why people got together other than to have children. This, this sensation, was as sweet as the silver fruit of his home, as fiery as his own aura. He let out a faint moan into the kiss, his hand leaving her face and trailing down her side, dallying in the curve of her waist before smoothing over her hip and grasping her lightly, holding her to him.

Aware that she needed air, he broke the kiss reluctantly, seeing her eyes open in semi-conscious mute protest. They half-closed again, her lips parting and her head falling back slightly as he gently kissed her cheeks, her brows, her chin and jawline, each press of his lips a swift, tender brushing against her skin.

Infinity had been kissed before. She’d even been Kissed and once or twice, she’d been Kissed. This was somehow better than all of them; somehow the innocent, passionate lips caressing her were more pleasurable than all the experienced, toe-curling kisses she’d felt before. She didn’t realize that it was because this kisser didn’t care about who she was or what status she might be able to offer. He liked her and that pure emotion saturated everything he did to her. Even his soft noises were the truest she’d ever heard.

Her hands continued to hold and explore, but so much of Infinity’s attention was caught by his swift, gentle lips. She was dazed by the sensations in her body, stunned into thoughtless incoherence at the sweetness of their play. Even the burning sensation that was her lungs running out of air wasn’t as essential as what she was feeling. She gasped when he stopped kissing her, unaware until that moment just how much air he’d stolen from her. Thankfully, his caresses didn’t stop nor did his gentle kisses.

The change in his focus gave her a chance to breathe and recover, and began to return those soft brushes of sensation. Her lips swept over his cheek, his chin and along his jaw until she was nibbling on his ear. She loved the noises that drew out of him, smiling as she clung to him tighter, almost as if she was trying to pull herself into him. Pulling back a little, she smiled at him, and her heart was in her eyes.

He smiled back, dancing motes of golden fire flickering in the depths of his sea-green gaze. He tugged on a stray lock of her dark hair playfully, leaning his forehead against hers and looking into her eyes. They were spellbinding, unguarded and totally trusting of him, and his own were likewise open to her.

"Of all the wonderful things about coming to Earth, you're the best." He murmured, his hand lightly running up and down her waist. "I never realised how alone I was: not lonely, but alone. Now I don't feel that way at all, and I'm not sure if I can go back to that." He looked curious, as though examining that sensation as he regarded her. "This is all new to me, all of it. And it's a little frightening to me how powerful it feels, being here with you. It's like the first time I flew into space." He grinned. "Exhilarating and scary and totally unforgettable, only more so."

It was everything she wanted to hear from an incredibly gorgeous man. It was her dreams handed to her in the form of a golden sun god. It was all she'd ever needed to feel whole.

And she couldn't handle it.

"Come on," she said, her mood shattering like glass. "Don't you think that's a bit over the top?" She wiggled back a little back, her heart being crushed as her cynical nature destroyed her joy. She'd done it to herself and didn't even realize it. "The same as flying in space only better? You should have pulled that back a little." Her dark eyes radiated hurt as she held her fingers up, just inches apart. "You're good. You almost had me."

"What?" Phaethon's eyes went from happy to confused, his smile fading as his brows furrowed in puzzlement. He looked into her eyes, realising that her open-hearted expression had changed to one of betrayed hurt. "Infinity? 'Almost had you'? I..." he blinked. "I don't understand."

The breathless feeling in his chest was starting to change, becoming an ache as he saw her expression of wary cynicism. She thought he was... lying to her!? Now it was the sun godling's eyes that started to reflect pain. "I meant what I said. It was..." he paused, not trusting himself to speak for a moment. "It was the best way I could describe how you make me feel. It's true. Why would I lie about something like that?" His voice reflected his confusion.

"I don't know," Infinity said, pulling away from him. She couldn't bear to look into his eyes anymore; she'd given away too much of her heart already for it not to hurt. She ended up against the headboard of the bed, her arms wrapped around herself. "That's something only you would know. Maybe you get thrills out of seducing ugly women. Maybe this is a game. I don't know."

She looked down at her bare legs on the dark bedspread, wishing that they were fuller or longer or just better. Feeling worse than she had in a long time, she wished that she were anyone else in the world. At least if she were a baseline, she wouldn't get her hopes dashed like this.

He hadn't left, hadn't acknowledged what he'd done. She sighed and said, "If you want to fuck me, fine. I would have done it with you. But don't string my heart along."

"You think you're... You think I want to what?" Disbelief was now warring with hurt as confusion started to give way to anger. He fought it back, analysing her words for meaning. "A game? Ugly women?!" His head was spinning, his heart starting to ache. What was happening here? He tried to reason with her.

"Infinity?" his voice was gentle, though a little strained. "I don't play games like that. Least of all with you. I like you, a lot. I... thought you liked me. You made me feel special and I wanted to tell you how special I find you and now you're treating me like... like..." He grasped for a word, decided to try one out. "Like an asshole."

"You want to talk about hearts?" he continued as he stood and paced, his face open and animated with his hurt and frustration. "Mine feels wretched right now. Like someone kicked me in it. You kicked me in it. I've never lied to you. I've never even hidden things from you." There were tears limning those glorious green eyes now. "How can you say those things?"

She was crying now, too, because he just kept going. Infinity had been so sure she'd understood, and now she wasn't. But she knew that no one as beautiful as he was would ever really want her.

"And how can you say you like me? What exactly do you like about me, about this stupid, ugly, weak body?" She pulled at her shirt, tugging at it as if she'd rip it off. She wasn't strong enough to tear it, not like Potential; he would have pulled it right off. Instead it snapped back into place, as she continued to rant. "Would it be because you think I'm special because of my parents? Get in line - you wouldn't be the first guy who thinks that taking this ride gets you brownie points from my parents. Do you think I'm an easy lay? You just could have asked. Do you want a helpless woman? Fine, tie me to the bed, I don't care."

She turned away from him, her hand pressed to her eyes. It didn't stem the flow of tears that was pouring down her face. "If you want sex, great, it'll be fun. Just... don't try to take my heart. It's the one thing I have that's as good as everyone else's."

Insecurity was a new phenomenon to Phaethon. He didn't experience it himself, having been raised to be confident in his worth. It was shocking to see it in another, especially someone he cared for. For a moment, he stood there stunned as illumination poured into his brain. His anger left him in a cool rush of empathy.

"Is that what you think?" his voice was tender as he came around the bed to Infinity, sitting down beside her. He put an arm around her, feeling her tense and stiffen. "I didn't realise you thought that way about yourself." He pulled her closer, a gentle yet inexorable pressure. "You're wrong, you know." He chided her softly. "You're not any of those things: stupid, weak or ugly. You're real, fun and warm. And to be perfectly frank, I don't know or give a damn who your parents are. If they're Cult of Mal, and realised whose son I was, they'd probably break down the door and blast me into next week. I don't know precisely what an easy lay is, but I can guess from context. And you're not that. And the way you make me feel, well..." he chuckled. "You're far from helpless to make me feel like that."

He put his hand up and turned her tear-streaked face towards him. "And your heart isn't 'as good as everyone elses'. It's a million times better, because it's the heart I saw in your eyes when you kissed me in the Bahamas, and when you saw me come in with your brother, and I see right now." He considered her for a moment. "It's that heart I like the most about you."

Don't do it. Don't do it! her mind told her, but no woman could have withstood the pure empathy and affection in his eyes. She turned toward him and put her arms around him. Her head naturally tucked into his neck like it belonged. She started to cry in earnest, though she couldn't have said why.

She still didn't understand why he was here. How could he be? She knew she shouldn't believe him, that he was going to leave her once he'd had his fun, but she couldn't stop herself. After she had cried herself hoarse, she finally was able to whisper, "I'm sorry. I... I didn't think I'd hurt you, to say that. I'm so sorry."

Holding onto a crying woman seemed to be the single most common experience the young nova had had since coming to Earth. He briefly wondered if everyone here was holding in tears like these... and whether he'd be feeling the same after a while. There was a minor moment of trepidation as he mused that, yes, this would be as much a reasonable expectation of real life as the joys he'd also experienced. Emotionally confident and unrepressed as only someone raised outside of arbitrary expectations could be, he mentally shrugged. When it happened, he'd deal with it.

He cradled Infinity against him as she cried, one hand stroking her hair as the other rocked her by her shoulders. His desire had faded back a bit, replaced by a protective feeling towards her. What kind of people had surrounded her with this type of negativity that she thought her worth should come from power or looks? He didn't understand: and to a degree didn't want to understand that sort of person. As she whispered her apology to him, he pushed aside the darker thoughts and simply lowered his cheek to hers, giving her a gentle kiss.

"Shh. It's alright. I... guess I understand why you thought the way you did. But I'm not like other people here, I suppose." He paused, taking a steadying breath. "Do people really do that? Have sex just because they want something other than intimacy with the other person?" There was a quiet note of disbelief in his voice. "I mean... I heard about that sort of thing happening in stories my father told. I just didn't think it was real. I thought they were just stories."

Infinity felt better for a moment, held by the sun godling. When she let herself believe in him, believe that he could feel something real for her, she had never felt safer. Her tears slowly calmed and stopped, even as she clung to him.

But his next words made her cringe again. He was so not of this world, and she was dragging him into her ugliness. She wanted him to go away, to save him from this, but she didn't have the strength to tell him that. She just clung to him more tightly and hated herself for not saving him from this world. She never wanted to destroy the innocence in his eyes.

But she couldn't deny her experiences, either. "I've never had someone as beautiful as you want me, just me," she said softly, feeling miserable as she initiated him into the ugliness of this world. "They like that my parents have power, or they sense that I'm very strong, and they don't realize that I'm pathetic and powerless." She spit the last words, full of venom and self-loathing. "I... it's hard to believe that you like me. I... I can't see why."

She looked up at him for the first time since she fell against him. "I don't care if you mean it. I like you, and... if you don't, you don't." It won't be the first time. "But I do want you."

He felt intense curiousity turn to anger as well as protectiveness as she explained the motives of these so-called 'lovers'. He shook his head slightly, his eyes showing disdain now, directed at those others.

"How base of them to be attracted to power." he said softly. "How dare they treat you, or anyone, like that. A... a thing to further themselves with." He stroked her cheek with one fingertip, his eyes softening as she looked up at him. "You are so much more than that, Infinity." He loved saying her name.

"And yes, I do mean it." He grinned down at her and tugged a lock of her black hair down over her face. "I don't say things I don't mean. I was raised better than that. I don't pretend to be someone's friend just to... play some stupid social status game. I mean, what kind of Terat acts like that?"

He scooped her up easily and set her on his lap, not even needing his quantum-enhanced strength. "And I like you because you are you. But if you need a break-down of that... Hmm..." He pretended to consider her for a moment, his young face totally serious despite the golden light dancing in his eyes. "I like your eyes. They're soft and warm in color, and when I look into them I see that heart of yours. I like your arms that hold onto me like I'm the only person in the universe. And I like your mouth, which when you kiss me makes my heart pump and my breath shorten even though I don't need to breathe." He leaned his head down closer, his voice falling to a murmur.

"But most of all, I like you because you are Infinity, who despite having all this insecurity talked to a strange and beautiful boy on a beach all those months ago, making him feel at home and comfortable with his very first flirtation, and gave him his first kiss."

It would take a stronger woman than Infinity to deny Phaethon's list, especially when in his lap. When she saw the fire of righteous anger in his eyes, she melted a little; by the time he was to his list of her attributes, she was almost a puddle, emotionally. She'd never been told anything like this before, but it had a ring of truth that she wanted to believe. Perhaps someday she would, but not just yet. It was too soon to change her ways, and all she could do for now was listen and want.

"I didn't know that was your first kiss. I hope it was a good one," she said, even as she became sure that he was with her because she was his first. He'd wander on to another, in time, but for now he'd believe he wanted her. She didn't say this to him, not after the earlier blow up. She didn't want to fight with him. And she didn't want to explain that she'd been looking for information or a fuck and she'd never expected him to develop feelings for her. "And I hope the rest of them are better still."

She kissed him on the neck, ever so lightly. He was hers, for now; she wanted to make the most of it. "And there are a lot of ways to kiss someone," she added in a soft whisper. "I'll show you all of them, if you want."

He blushed dark bronze. "I'd like that. Um. A lot." His expression of wise compassion dissolved into an ever-so-slightly foolish grin as he squirmed a little under her kiss. He hugged her tightly. "And yes, it was a very good kiss. It got me here, after all." He peered down into her eyes, still smiling. "You think I'd cross the continent and risk disrupting airline traffic for any girl?"

"I don't think so," Infinity said, blushing a little. She could believe that he believed it. But despite trying to remember that he was going to leave her for a more beautiful woman later, she could feel more of her heart thawing at his words. Her finger traced patterns on his chest, a feather-like touch over his skin. "You should take me flying sometime. Teach me how to disrupt airline traffic.

"But first, let me teach you something." She got off his lap long enough to straddle it, giving her full access to kiss his shoulders and neck, while her hands resumed her exploration of his torso. This was wonderful, a dream, and another piece of her heart unfroze.

He felt her kisses and sighed against her, nuzzling his cheek against hers and trying to respond in kind despite the distracting sensations of her slim hands running over his smoothly-muscled frame. Infinity's bare legs encountered little cloth as they straddled his hips and the young woman could feel Phaethon's body temperature rising slightly as she nibbled on the tender young skin of his throat.

His arms slid around her torso, hands roaming up and down, feeling her back, hips and sides with loving care through the shirt she wore. As knowing fingers stroked over his sun-gilded skin, the godling buried his head in Infinity's shoulder and let out a small gasp, murmuring her name, his red-gold hair falling over his face as he surrendered to her touch.

Infinity smiled as Phaethon curled against her. Oh, this was too good, and for all that she wanted to rush right in and sate her own aching body, she was considering taking her time. After all, this would only happen once, and she wanted him to explore each and every aspect of this. It's like learning to walk. You have to take it one aspect at a time.

She adjusted herself on him with a little wiggle that caught his breath. She shivered as his hair brushed her shoulder, it's silken caress as enticing as his warm breath whispering her name. She'd never heard anyone say her name like that before; it was almost enough to start her tears again. "It's ok," she murmured. "It's supposed to be like this. Just enjoy it."

Phaethon nodded, his skin sliding over hers, his breathing coming faster. She ran her fingers through the fiery waves, before bringing it to her face. Drawing in a deep breath, she inhaled the clean, wind-washed scent of his hair. There was nothing imperfect about him.

He felt her body against him through their clothing, his hips moving of their own accord as his mouth sought hers in a passionate kiss filled with youthful longing. His mind and heart were on fire for her once more, but this time there was an unbearable sweet heat that moved with the pounding of his heart, sinking lower and uncoiling in his abdomen before venturing further down.

He clutched at her, retaining just enough presence of mind to be careful of his strength as he moaned into the kiss, half frightened by the intensity of what he was feeling, half hopelessly lost to the sensations Infinity was causing.

Pulling on his hair gently, Infinity tipped his head back, exposing his throat. This time she was more forceful, making her explorations last longer and cover more skin. She even tried her teeth, changing the sensations on his skin. She was having a great deal of fun with this, but the most of her pleasure came from the reactions she was drawing from Phaethon. Every moan, every gasp, and every twitch was captured by her and stored against the day he'd be gone.

Again, he kissed her, unable to stop himself from drinking deep of her sweetness. She struggled to remain in control, to try to keep from just giving up her careful ministrations and throwing all caution to the wind. She wanted to draw this out. Originally, she'd hoped to draw it out for a day or two. Now she was starting to think it might be closer to hours. With effort she broke the kiss, recovering some of her sanity.

"Lay back," she murmured, her voice husky with desire. His brilliant green eyes were wide as he lay back, but they were trusting and eager. Drawing a breath, she pulled her shirt off and tossed it aside.

He looked up at her as she leaned down over him, pressing herself to him as she kissed along his collarbone. His arms came up of their own accord, seemingly, his hands smoothing along her ribcage and brushing the outer swell of her breasts with his thumbs. She was everywhere, was everything to him as their bodies moved against and with one another's. Her hair tickled his chest, her fingers played music as they tweaked and stroked skin that had never known any kiss other than that of two suns. She was her name: infinite, without end to his senses as her lips teased down across a chest honed by survival on a hostile world.

He struggled to lay still under her, his body wanting to move, to do... something, anything to assuage his aching need to experience her. He tried to draw her back up to him to kiss her once more, but Infinity simply smiled at him from over his torso, her brown eyes wide, gentle, and knowing.

Infinity had planned to stop before it got too crazy, but she was getting swept up in the moment. Her kisses were interspersed with heated whispers, everything from adoration to his name. Her bare skin against his body was driving her a little mad, but she clung to the idea of making this a true pleasure for him. To do that, she had to retain at least some restraint.

She pushed herself up and braced herself over him, struggling to cool down a bit. She was panting thickly, unable to slow that or her pounding heart. "Phaethon... I'm sorry. I just need... I want this to be perfect for you. I need it to be perfect. I need to cool down a bit... slow down. Ok?"

She wasn't sure if she was really expecting an answer or not. But even as she spoke, she was aware of way he was gazing at her, of his warm skin against hers. Giving up, she lay herself flat on him, their bare chests pressed together. "You drive me crazy, you know that? I lose my mind when I touch you."

Her voice reached him through the thundering in his ears, and he tried to relax, to slow down as she lay against him. He felt her softness against his chest, her hair teasing the skin of his shoulders.

"I feel that too." he whispered back to her, his hands exploration of her body slowing as they came around to her back, lightly pressing his fingertips to her spine and running up and down, relishing the feel of her in his arms. He laughed, a nervous utterance of mirth. "My heart's going like a big drum right now, and I'm not even sure what I'm doing from one second to the next here." He smiled at her and kissed her hair. "I'll slow down. I want this to be perfect for us both." His eyes met hers, unabashed at the emotions he was feeling. "I want to be perfect for you. Just... tell me when and what to do. I'm in your hands, Infinity."

Those kind of statements made it hard for her to keep her hands to herself. So she folded her hands over one another and put them on his fantastic chest, propping her chin on them. But his touch was still making her shiver, just a little, as he played with her skin.

"We have a couple of options," she murmured. "We can lounge around here, see how far we can push ourselves, or we can go out for a bit, and see LA. There is a Terat party tonight, a small one, and I wasn't going to go, but with you here, I think it'd be fun." Somehow, hanging out with a bunch of snotty Terat assholes sounded more fun with Phaethon around. "What do you think you'd like to do?"

He looked thoughtful, his lips pursing as he gazed at her. "I think I should meet other Terats. But I'm curious. Why wouldn't you go normally?" He rocked her slightly on top of him. "Is there something I should be aware of about them?"

He wanted to experience life among novas, he also wanted to experience more of what he had felt with Infinity. There was so much to do... But he calmed himself with the thought that he had time, that there really was no need to rush. Despite his body telling him all too emphatically that there was indeed a need to rush, to dive headlong into what he felt and lose himself.

Infinity frowned. "I... it's all complicated, but when I was a child, Divis Mal called me the future. Then when I didn't do anything except a whole lotta nothing, it became a joke to some and an affront to others. It's turned into this big mess just because my powers won't just fucking show up already." Her face had gotten sadder as she talked, and she wasn't meeting his eyes anymore. "So sometimes, Terat parties aren't fun. But they're my people, so I feel that I have to make an effort occasionally."

There as a small part of her that wanted to strip off his clothes and be his first, before he saw what was really available to him at the party. She had no doubt he'd be a hit, and that plenty of girls would be lining up, ready to steal him. But she didn't want to rush him either. "I'll leave it up to you, Phae. There'll be other parties; we'll have more time together." Maybe.

Infinity gasped as Phaethon took the initiative and rolled her under his body, but she had no complaints, especially when he kissed her. She wrapped her arms around him and ran her hands over his clothed ass, marveling at its perfection. Without much thought, she hooked her legs around his, tangling them deliciously.

"What do I want to do with the rest of the day?" she repeated. "I'd like to do you, be with you, enjoy you. That sounds like a good day to me." With a smile, she took one of his hands and placed it on her bare breast. Her heart skipped a beat as his warm fingers curled around her room-cooled skin. "That work for you?"

The golden motes that had slowed to a lazy dance in his green eyes flared into solar life once more as Infinity put his hand on her, a smile both warm and promising on her lips and in her eyes. He was once more intensely aware of her as she twined her legs around his. Full or partial nudity wasn't much of an issue to a young man raised without modern society's love/hate relationship with sexuality and the body, and he did not immediately equate breasts (or any body part, for that matter) with sex as most males might. But then, he'd never had a woman place his hand on them smiling like that either...

"That works for me." He murmured back, his voice more than a little husky as he met her gaze. Her breast seemed to warm under his touch, his fingertips exploring the soft flesh with light touches as his palm stayed in place. He noticed her eyes flutter and, curious, began to touch her more firmly, sliding his hand slowly around the curves of one breast, then over to the other, fingers trailing, his eyes playfully intent on her expressions and reactions.

Archived