Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Prologue: Subject 17

jameson (ST)

Wally's mouth opens and closes several times as he looks between Rodney and Ozzie. His many, many exclamations and questions all pile into a gigantic logjam that temporarily overwhelm his capacity to speak.

Only for a moment though.

Then... "WHOA! Tigers?! In New York?! And they KILLED someone?! We missed a BUNDLE! Did a crate fall off a truck or something? All this time never seeing a peep, and suddenly in one night there's four weird mutated animals rampaging around the city!"

He pauses, then adds, "Six, I s'pose, if you count Ozzie and me."

Then the rest sinks in. "Oh yeah, me an' Ozzie live not far from here. He found the porcubear rooting around in the trash, and figured we should dig a pit for it so's no one would notice it."

The kangaroo scratches his chin thoughtfully. The plan, when you thought about it, seemed a little odd. A giant porcupine in a pit was still pretty noticible, seemed to him. Oh well.

"Anyway, no harm's done. Maybe we should see if we can get those tigers into the pit though. Shame to waste a good pit, I always say."

"Ha ha Wally. I didn't see you come up with any ideas on how to deal with the porcu-bear. And from what Rodney here just said I don't think it would be wise upsetting the tigers."

Ozzie rubs his chin in thought. "So it seems there are others in the city like us. That is fantastic! Can you take us to meet the tigers Rodney? "

Rodney sways gently from hand/foot to hand/foot while the two Austalians talk.

"How about we go back to the spot were I saw them tonight. I think they, like me, left the area when the cops arrived. Tomorrow would be better. How about we meet by the pit and then troop over together? Central Park is rather a big area to search, even for me. The three of us would have a better time of it."

"The tigers weren't the problem. It was the gangs trying to rape those girls that were the problem."

Rodney looks around nervously.

"I'm going to be getting home. Alright if I meet you two here around nine tomorrow and we head out to the park?"

He stretches out his wings in readiness to take flight. It had been a hectic night.

Archived