World of Darkness: Attrition - Visiting Hours

William Rose

Amber snotted softly at Antoine's mention of trusting Adrian, but she didn't push things. Instead, she let him finish before she said, "I can get you the shineys. I know someone, and he owes me a favor. You'll still have to pay for them, but he can get you a buyer who'll forget he ever saw you." Asking Kryze for the contact shouldn't be a big deal, but it might alter their deal, a bit. Still, if Antoine wanted it, she'd do what she could to help him. "Anything else you want? We should make a list."

"Yeah, a million bucks and some kick ass armor, but that's not going to happen. Still. A bullet proof vest might be useful. As for knives, I already know how to hit people with my fists, I'd need to learn to use a knife and I'd rather spend that time with guns instead. Brass knuckles will be fine in the short term, and we can worry about the long term later."

"Not if you're dead," Ariel says in a deceptively pleasant voice.

"Look, Antoine, I don't know what the deal is here...if you honestly don't think I know what I'm talking about or if you're just trying to keep some kind of social pecking order going, but please just listen. A good knife is cheap, it's easy to use, and it's versatile. We'll get you one."

She rubs the center of her forehead, willing her irritation back down.

"Armored vests might be worth looking into, but they're usually sold by security companies...you don't need a license, but I'm not sure if the companies have requirements, so we'll have to look into that. One thing I will warn you about though. Don't get too reliant on it. It can buy you a second chance, but it's not a Star Trek force shield."

"I can probably find him some armor," Amber said. "Like the knuckles, we'll have to pay for them, but we can skirt some regulations. Sound good?" She looked from one to the other, watching their reactions. "It also won't leave much of a papertrail." Seeing Antoine's next question, she added, "I don't know about a gun, I might have to do some extra favors for that."

Archived