Aberrant: 200X - Warp & Weft (Warning: Mature) [Complete]

Tomas Saint-Etienne

((OOC: In case the warning on the thread title didn't deter you, I'll say it again. This story deals with mature themes. You have been warned.))

Author's note: This is a reprise of the original fiction from the 2018 boards. Some of you will already have read this. It's been read over with the vantage point of time since I last wrote it and edited accordingly. So, whether you know Skein of old, or are new to him... enjoy. And watch out for the monsters in your head wink

Thursday Night, 4th August, 2008

The truck stop's diner was crowded tonight, the long-distance drivers taking their much-needed breaks mingling with the locals who came here for the food and t.v. Shouting and laughter spilled out into the large parking lot, their invisible presence seeming to coil around the slender figure that stood near the exit that led to the interstate, a small carry bag hanging loosely from one gloved hand. The boy was ethereally beautiful, his facial features combining innocence and sensuality in a way that was almost feminine. His liquid sea-green eyes watched the slip road and the diner incuriously, the curious deadness in them matching his impassive expression. He waited with quiet anticipation, as if he knew who would be picking him up, or so it seemed to any who might have taken notice of him.

Strangely enough, no one seemed to. Vehicle after vehicle passed the beautiful youth on the slip road, and he attracted not a glance from their occupants. He stood clearly illuminated by lights, his face a pale luminescence framed by wavy fine black hair, but not a single person stopped for him. An hour went past, then another, as driver after driver rolled out of the lot and on their way to wherever their path took them, unaware of how fortunate they were.

Mitchell Thaddius Baker (Mitch to his friends) paid his tab and flirted with the girl at the counter. Not bothering to hide her disinterest, the college kid barely looked at the 40 year old trucker as she flipped her hair back over one shoulder and handed him his receipt, still chewing her gum. Mitch was a large man, who worked out extensively when he wasn't driving his rig. He kept his hair short, and his clothes neat and clean. He had the body of an athletic man at least ten years his junior, and prided himself on not letting himself go like some of the guys who rode the road, but this snotty little brat barely glanced at him. She was probably a carpet muncher, or else liked college boys who she could wrap around her fingers, he told himself. Her badge said 'Marilyn', and Mitch marked the name that went with the cute face and full breasts that strained at the shirt she wore. The girl had lips that looked as though she could suck for the good ol' U.S. of A. too, he mused as he pocketed his wallet. Too bad he was tied for time, or he'd stick around and teach her a few things about manners. He was good at that, he knew. One of Mitch's hobbies was teaching girls, and a few boys, some manners by showing them who was boss.

In a hidden bag in his cab, he had three doses left of a useful, and very expensive little drug that completely erased people's short-term memories. Not even the nova mind-readers could find a damn thing that had happened to a person over the last few days once they were dosed with this shit. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny in his book. He'd stalk them, grab them, then fuck them raw for a day or two, pausing only to rest, shit, eat and sleep. After that, he'd inject them with his little chemical friend and dump them somewhere. It was too bad that he had to get going, because Marilyn was ripe for being shown what real men were like.

Maybe next time he was passing through, Mitch told himself as he waved bye to the little princess with a friendly smile on his regular features. He strode out of the diner and across to his rig, pulling his keys from his pocket and opening the driver's door. Damn, but he needed to get laid. He briefly pondered picking up a hooker in the next town along as he started up his rig and slowly pulled out of the parking lot. After all, it wasn't as though he'd be paying for it. As he headed for the slip road that led onto the interstate, he saw a slender figure dressed in jeans and a thin black jacket slowly stick out a hand with a thumb extended. A carry bag dangled from the other hand, and Mitch smiled to himself. A hitchhiker. As his rig drew level to the hitcher, he slowed and looked at the face of his passenger-to-be. At first, he thought it was a girl, but noticed the absence of breasts filling out the thin t-shirt that was visible underneath the open jacket. A pretty-boy. His smile was very genuine as he leaned out of his window. He recognised the eyes first. This kid had been in the diner a few hours ago, had looked Mitch in the eyes from across a couple of tables as he picked at his fries. Guess it was a slow night for hitching a lift. Lucky for me, Mitch thought.

"Hey kid." He appraised the green eyes that gazed back up at him, noting the absence of nervousness or fear in the calm expression. "Where're you heading to?"

"East. Anywhere east." The kid's voice was quiet, and Mitch strained to hear the reply. Something nagged at his attention, but all he could focus on was that beautiful face, with it's full sensual mouth and the large eyes that would look so good when they got what he called the 'hunted look' later on.

"Well, I'm heading to Chicago, kid. That far enough east for you?" Mitch's tone was friendly and jovial. It looked to him as though some of his tensions were going to be eased on this trip. The boy nodded and walked around to the passenger side without any further comment. Mitch made sure his taser was within easy reach: it never paid to be too careless when on the road. All sorts of crazies roamed the highways. The door opened and the hitcher climbed into his cab. Mitch gazed at the kid for a moment. Man, this one was going to be the fuck of all fucks. Already, his mind was running over what he was going to do to this piece of meat when they got to Chicago. Maybe he wouldn't wait that long. He stuck out a hand to his passenger. "I'm Mitch, kid. You got a name you care to share?"

The boy removed one of the thin black cotton gloves he wore before taking Mitch's large powerful hand with his own pale, slender one. For a moment, their eyes met, and the kid let out a faint breath, almost a sigh. Part of Mitch's consciousness registered uneasily that he seemed to have passed some sort of test, but the impression was lost in the lust that swamped his mind and tightened his groin. Goddamn, but he hadn't even been this horny when he had busted his cherry!

"I'm Tomas." The boy's voice was quiet, almost a whisper. "Thank you for picking me up. I've been waiting there for ages. I thought no-one would come along." His eyes lingered on Mitch's face. "Guess I got lucky."

The kid actually looked like he knew what Mitch was thinking. Some were like that, the driver knew from experience. Some people expected the 'price of travel' and even looked forward to it. That took some of the fun out of the fucking. Willing wasn't as satisfying to Mitch as unwilling. He had to quickly show the meat that the pleasure was going to be all HIS in the encounter so that the real fun could begin. When they realised that they weren't anything but holes for him to pump whichever way he felt like pumping, the looks on their faces always made Mitch feel like a god.

The truck pulled out onto the interstate, Mitch focusing on driving the big rig whilst allowing himself some idle daydreaming about Tomas on his knees with tears in those pretty green eyes and Mitch's dick in his mouth. He looked like the type that would quietly weep and moan, rather than scream and holler. Even better. Too much noise got on Mitch's nerves.

They drove for a while in silence, Tomas gazing uninterestedly out of the window at the passing landscape whilst Mitch gazed surreptitiously at the boy's profile. This boy was playing the 'I'm too cool to be impressed or nervous' act really well. Several times he resisted the urge to pull over and 'discuss the price of travel' : better to get well clear of L.A. first. Just so as to appear more innocuous, he tried to make conversation.

"So where exactly did you say you was headed, Tomas?" He asked casually. The boy's pale face turned towards him, the green of his eyes catching the light from the dashboard and glimmering.

"I didn't." The kid's tone was flat, uncaring. Mitch blinked as he saw the strange look in his passenger's eyes. I know what you want to do to me those eyes said, the expression knowing. For a fear-filled moment, Mitch considered changing his plans and dropping the kid off at the next truck stop. Something was wrong with this kid, just plain wrong. But then a small twinge of anger at his own uneasiness wiped any such thoughts from his mind. If this teenage runaway thought he had problems before, he knew nothing about being really fucked up, Mitch thought savagely. Little punk, thinks he's too cool for school, being all insolent to the guy giving him a lift. Somebody needed to straighten him out. Forcing himself to remain calm, he just shrugged and smiled at Tomas.

"Fair enough, man. A guy's got to have his secrets." He glanced sideways at the kid, who had gone back to looking out of the window with that same expression of contrived uninterest on his face. Oh yes, this one was going to be fun.

They stopped at a motel Saturday, a few days further along the trail, and they were somewhere in Utah. After parking the rig, Mitch sending Tomas over to the diner to grab them some food while he booked their rooms. The teenage hitchhiker took the money expressionlessly and turned to walk across to the joint. Mitch had tried to draw the kid out into conversation a few more times during the last few days without much success, and he figured that the boy was somewhere between 14 and 17 years old. Just the right age, as far as the trucker was concerned.

He booked in, taking a single room with one bed before going over to his rig to wait for the kid to come back. After retrieving his 'doctors bag' along with his other baggage from the cab, he stood and fretted, his eyes scanning the lot in front of the burger place. Had the kid taken the money and skipped out? Had he hitched another ride immediately? Mitch sighed in relief when he finally saw Tomas's slender form appear from the doorway of the diner, a large paper bag in hand.

When the boy came up to him, Mitch smiled and beckoned him to follow. He had parked the truck right outside his room, and he was pretty sure no-one saw the two of them entering. He opened the room and gestured for Tomas to go first, then stepped in after him and shut the door, locking it with a soft *click* and pocketing the key.

Tomas looked around the room as he set the bag of food down on a table by the window. He turned then and looked at Mitch, who was just placing his own bags by the single bed in the place. Mitch noted the curious glance and smiled at him. "What's the matter, kid?"

"There's only one bed." Tomas stated rather than asked, his voice level as his beautiful green eyes looked at the larger man.

"The only room they had going." Mitch lied with a grin. "Don't worry, though. I figure its okay for two guys who are going to be as close as we are." He moved over to the table next to the youth and dug a burger out of the bag. "Here. Eat up. A growing boy needs his vitamins." He proffered the wrapped package.

Tomas looked the large trucker in the eyes, ignoring the hand with the burger in it. "I'd prefer a separate room." He stated calmly, as though ordering a meal in some damned restaurant. "But if that isn't possible, I can always sleep in the rig." He started to move towards the door. Mitch almost laughed. This was too perfect: the kid thought he had choices.

Mitch reached out and grabbed the kid's slender shoulder, a surge of his muscles sending Tomas sprawling onto the bed. Warm joy flooded his heart. This was the best part of the foreplay, when he shattered the meat's illusions. "Take a seat there, boy. We still have to discuss the fee for passage." He stalked slowly over to the bed as Tomas rolled onto his back, his face still calm as he regarded Mitch.

"I know what your fee is." The kid's voice was collected, no hint of fear or surprise evident, though his eyes were wider, his breathing deeper. "And I will pay it in full when we get to Chicago. I promise." Mitch laughed at him.

"You promise?" He sneered. "Kid, you've got some things to learn. Like how much the 'fee' is, for example. You don't set the price. I do!" Mitch jabbed a thumb at his chest. "You don't decide how and when the fee is paid. I do!" He paused a moment to let that sink in. Finally, there was a reaction on the kid's face. His green eyes widened even further, and his mouth set in a line of tension. Two spots of colour appeared on the pale cheeks as the youth fought for emotional control. A flash of defiance in his eyes, he got to his feet and tried to make a break past the larger man to the door.

The blow rocked Tomas's head back, the open-handed slap sending him sprawling onto the bed again. Mitch smiled, an invigorating tingle of lust surging through his groin as he saw the blood at the corner of the boy's mouth. He unfastened his jeans with one hand as he reached down and grabbed Tomas's fine black hair, shaking him slightly and relishing the gasp this elicited, not realising that the gasp wasn't one of pain.

"Listen up, little boy. You're gonna pay Mitch's fee. Here's the rules: You say 'No', I hurt you. You scream, I hurt you. You bite, scratch, or try to fight me, I hurt you so bad you'll wish you were dead. THEN I'll kill you, and nobody will ever find your body." Mitch shook him by his hair again. "You understand, pretty-boy?"

Despite the involuntary tears of pain, Tomas's eyes were strangely dreamy as they looked up at Mitch. "I understand." He said quietly. Mitch reached into his jeans and pulled out his cock, already hard from the rush of taking someone against their will. He pulled Tomas up off the bed by his hair, grinning as he heard another gasp, then forced the kid to his knees in front of him.

"Open up and say 'Ahh', Tomas." The rapist crooned as he pressed himself against the youth's lips. A tug of the hair enforced the order, and Mitch smiled widely as he felt warm lips encircle his dick and start sucking. The flickering of a tongue caused his eyes to widen, and he looked down at his victim. "Hidden talents, kid!" The trucker gasped in pleasure as the pace picked up. He buried both hands in Tomas's hair and started to rock his hips back and forth, plunging in and out of the warm wet mouth. "You've done this before haven't you, faggot?" There was silence in the room, save for the wet sucking sounds and the increasingly deeper breathing of the larger man. Mitch moaned as he tightened his grip painfully on the youth's hair, thrusting harder.

He came hard, enjoying the gulping sensation as his victim swallowed. He sagged and sat down on the bed, keeping the kids face in his crotch. "That's some good head, boy. Now get me hard again. Time to see if your ass is as sweet as your-" His voice trailed off as he realised something was wrong. His erection wasn't subsiding, in fact it felt even harder and hotter, almost painful. His whole body felt warm, and yet curiously weak. His vision swam, his heart thundered in his ears. He tried to stand, but his legs failed him and he flopped bonelessly onto the bed.

Tomas stood, wiping his mouth with the back of one hand as his luminous green eyes gazed down at the trucker's panicked eyes. The boy seemed different now, more beautiful than before, more alluring than any human could be. With terror, Mitch realised what the kid was. A nova. A damned nova! Tomas smiled for the first time that Mitch had seen, an unpleasant smile, the type of smile that Mitch reserved for his prey when he already had them in his power. It was the smile of a triumphant predator.

"What's the matter, Mitch?" Tomas asked as he slowly stripped the limp form of his captor, struggling a little with the large muscular frame. "Isn't this what you wanted as soon as you saw me? You, me, a bed, my mouth on you..." his voice muffled into silence as he once again took Mitch into his mouth, sucking briefly and teasingly before releasing him with a wet popping sound. Mitch moaned faintly, unable to scream even though the sensation caused more pain than pleasure to his over-sensitized nerves. He felt like his dick was about to burst. Tomas smiled again, his eyes glittering harshly as he finished stripping the man naked. "You want my ass too, Mitch? It's your lucky night. You're going to get everything you deserve."

"What... did... you… DO... to... me?" Mitch gasped, the words slurring as they came out. Tomas ignored him as he removed his own clothes, his slender yet beautiful body causing Mitch's heart to skip as it frantically beat against his ribs then moved up onto the bed, straddling the prone trucker, looking down into fear-dilated eyes as he rubbed against the stiff cock under him.

"You won't sleep, Mitch. You won't pass out. You are going to remain conscious, and hard, and fully aware of what is happening." Those sea-green eyes filled Mitch's vision, seeming to swell to fill the whole universe. With a dull sense of horror, the man realised that his body was responding to the commands, betraying him. He felt like he could fuck for days without stopping, but it wasn't a good feeling. It wasn't a good feeling AT ALL. He tried to scream for help, but the only sound he could make was a loud moan.

"You've had your fun, Mitch. All those women and boys you've 'taught manners to'. Now I'll have mine. You had to get greedy, didn't you? It's just as well, really: I can’t complain. I was getting very hungry listening to your daydreams.” A note of hunger had entered Tomas’s voice; Mitch could practically imagine the slavering primordial gleam of fangs behind the shining predator’s gaze. “You might have lived a few more days, but I would have killed you anyway when we were in Chicago. It's not all bad, though: you get to go out with a bang AND a whimper, rather than having to choose." The boy's voice was a purr, his pupils dilated with pleasure and anticipation as he reached under himself, one slender hand wrapping around the trucker's cock and positioning it as he supported his weight with the other hand on Mitch's chest. The nova leaned forward, his face inches from Mitch's, gleaming eyes studying the man's expression almost lovingly.

"I really did get lucky finding you. No family, no girlfriend, no boyfriend. Guess that raping and brainwashing kink of yours dampens the relationship angle, hmm? No one will care personally about you when you’re gone, Mitch. I’m going to savour your death one climax at a time. I'm going to particularly enjoy finding out if your mind will crack before your heart stops from exhaustion." Tomas breathed this last sensually, even the feel of his breath on Mitch's face causing the helpless man to twitch from pleasure. Those beautiful lips twisted in a sinister smile before Tomas captured his victim's mouth in a savage, claiming kiss, as with one convulsive motion he thrust back and downwards with his hips. The large man couldn't make any more noise than a tormented moan, couldn't thrash, couldn't do anything. But inside the silence of his own mind, Mitchell Thaddius Baker screamed and screamed and screamed...

Monday Night. 8th August

Kathy Sahota parked her car in the mostly vacant lot outside the interstate diner and sighed as she killed the engine. The young woman rested her head against the wheel and sighed. Only a few more days travel to go. A few more days until she got back to her mother and the inevitable questions. What was San Francisco like? How was Mikey? Was he doing well at college?

And perhaps the one she dreaded most of all: Why are you back so soon?

Kathy rubbed her face tiredly, her eyes dry despite the hollow ache in her heart, and swept her shoulder length blond hair back from her face. She briefly wondered why she didn't seem able to cry anymore, but dismissed the question irritably. Why should she? Mikey had made his views on long-distance relationships VERY clear, hadn't he? At least, he had once she had literally caught him with his pants down, boffing a cute little co-ed.

She had driven all the way from Hutchinson, Kansas to surprise Mikey. It was the first time the high-school sweethearts had ever been apart. He had gone to college on the West Coast, studying marine biology. She had gone to work for the local sheriff's office, training to be a cop like her Dad. After two years of only seeing each other at long intervals, Kathy had taken some time off and decided to surprise Mikey by coming to San Francisco and stealing him away at the end of the semester. She had saved up money, looked up a few good hotels on the OpNet, and was going to book them both into one for a week of fun, sightseeing, and renewal of their relationship. After nearly eighteen months since the last time they been alone together long enough to make love, she was feeling like a damned nun. She had practically sprinted up the stairs to his dorm room, her face alight with joy. The door was ajar, and the noise of movement could be heard inside, and her first thought was that he was in there packing. Well, she was going to jump those delicious bones by way of saying 'Hi.' She had giggled quietly to herself and slipped into the room.

She recalled the scene all too vividly. The expression on his face as he looked over his shoulder was one of annoyance at first, but his hips kept pumping into the moaning girl. Then he recognised her and the expression turned to shock and 'Oh shit!', but no guilt. Even when the obviously embarrassed and outraged girl had left with a mortified and subdued apologetic look thrown Kathy's way, Mikey hadn't looked guilty. He just slowly got dressed, the co-ed's perfume still filling the room. Then he had sat down on the bed and just looked at her like some kid who knew he was in for a scolding, and was going to endure it with a suitably penitent air for a little while so he could go out and play later. He didn't care about what he'd done. He didn't know how hard Kathy had worked to be there that day. He didn't know or care that she had turned down plenty of offers, because of him. Kathy saw that in his eyes, and her heart shrivelled inside her. She had just turned on her heel and walked out, gotten into her car and left.

The tears had flowed then, she remembered. About half an hour later, she had been forced to pull over, she was shaking so bad. She had cried for maybe an hour before feeling calm enough to drive again. The last two days of travelling, the fits of crying were wearing off. Good, she thought almost savagely. To think she'd actually thought once about marrying that fucker and bearing his children. It wasn't as though she made dogs bark when she walked past in the street. She was physically fit and beautiful. She'd kept herself in shape for him. Kept herself chaste for him. Worked hard for him. All for him. Well fuck him. Plenty of guys out there that weren't jerks.

Kathy got out of the car and headed over to the diner. The evening crowd was light in here, she saw as she entered. Two truckers over by one window, shovelling food into their faces with one eye on the T.V, and a slender figure sitting near the back idly toying with their food, keeping their gaze down, evidently lost in their own thoughts. She eyed the young individual briefly. She judged them to be mid-teens at the oldest. Male. Probably a runaway too, judging by the threadbare clothing and the small carry-bag on the floor next to them. As if aware of Kathy's scrutiny, the youngster raised their head and looked at her. She gasped softly, lost in wonder. The diner, Mikey, the heartache: everything faded away for a long moment.

A face beautiful beyond description confronted her. The features were flawless, a combination of innocent youth and sensuality that was incongruous at first glance. The pale skin was luminous, as though touched with moonlight. The unruly tumble of wavy black hair made her fingers itch to stroke the stray locks back from his face, to run her hands through it and feel it on her skin. And those eyes... Those eyes were glorious pools of sea-green that made her feel deliciously exposed under their knowing gaze. Her breathing deepened slightly, her breasts tingling as warm liquid heat uncoiled in her belly. She felt like walking across the diner, grabbing the boy, and tearing his clothes off before-

She blinked, the buzz of the television suddenly intruding again on her reverie. Kathy suddenly realised she was standing in the entranceway to the diner with a far-away look on her face and a flush on her cheeks. She blinked again in amazement, glancing at the boy at the back of the diner. He was looking down at his plate, as though he had never even noticed her. She couldn't see his face anymore. The two truckers had noticed her, however, and one was regarding her oddly. Kathy cleared her throat nervously and walked over to sit down at a vacant table, waiting for the waitress. The peroxided older woman took her order with a kind but tired smile, and moved off into the kitchen before coming back with a pot of coffee.

Kathy concentrated on listening to the news, trying to tune out the thrumming of her body. The T.V. was tuned in to the N! channel, naturally. Some nova was chest-beating about a victory of some kind over another freak in the XWF. Kathy hoped she never had to deal with a nova criminal. Those super powered guys were great when they were on your side, but just one bad apple could ruin a day for an entire police department.

Her food arrived. Plain fare, but nourishing. Kathy hadn't eaten since Saturday, and the speed with which she finished the plate of steak , potatoes, and eggs made her realise just how hungry she was. As she swallowed the last mouthful, she felt a little more human, and a little less the hollow woman she had been for the last 48 hours or so. She relaxed with her second cup of coffee, and considered asking for a slice of pie.

"Excuse me." The soft voice disturbed her peace, and Kathy looked up almost irritatedly into two green eyes that seemed to go on forever without ending. Her heart hammered in her chest, and her mouth went dry as the youth slid into the seat across from her. "I... I mean, I saw the way you drove in, and... and I wondered if you were heading east." The boy said, his voice low and intimate. He looked a little ashamed at his own boldness, the emotion lending a slight blush to his pale cheeks, his eyes nervous. Something in Kathy enjoyed the sight. This beautiful young man was wearing the expression that Mikey should have been wearing. Shame. Shame and guilt. She felt that warmth start to fill her again.

"I'm heading east." She replied, her eyes taking in the boy's face. Damn, but he had to be at least four years younger than her. She felt like a dirty old woman even though she was just past twenty herself. I ought to be ashamed, she thought, but I'm not. I'm tired of being ashamed. Let someone else be ashamed for a change, Kathy decided as she wondered if this boy would still be blushing while she was kissing him, pressing against him and-

"Can I hitch a ride? Please?" The boy asked, seemingly oblivious to her carnal imaginings. Kathy blinked, regaining control of herself. Whoa, but this kid needed some help. With a face like that, he was lucky that some wandering pervert hadn't picked him up, used him and discarded him in a ditch somewhere. Kathy couldn't bear to think of that as she looked at those sweetly sensual features.

"Wait up a minute, kid. What's your name?" Kathy tried to take charge of the conversation. "Mine's Kathy, by the way" She extended a hand to him.

"Tomas." The boy murmured shyly as he took the hand. His skin felt like cool satin, and Kathy briefly wondered if it felt that smooth all over. She mentally shook herself and smiled at Tomas warmly. He returned the smile with a delightfully bashful curve of those full lips that made her want to kiss them, to feel them on her skin-

"Well, Tomas. I am headed east as a matter of fact. As far as Hutchinson, Kansas. Is that okay?" Kathy asked him, proud of the way she kept the quaver of longing out of her voice. Tomas nodded eagerly.

"That's great, Kathy. Thank you so much for this. I promise to be a good passenger and not get on your nerves or anything." His voice was animated, his eyes gleamed with happiness. She wagered he was a virgin. A young virgin, beautiful and sensitive and prone to shyness. Well, well, well...

"Okay, Tomas." She grinned at the kid. "Let me finish my coffee then we'll get going. Can you drive?" Tomas nodded. "Great, then we can take turns driving, if that's cool?"

Tomas smiled at her with shy warmth. "That sounds great, Kathy. Just great."

Wednesday Morning. 10th August

She scissored her legs around his waist, guiding him inexorably to her center as she shut her eyes in anticipation and murmured encouragement. The satin feel of his flesh was cool balm to her flushed skin, his trembling of vulnerable passion heightening her lust to a fever pitch. She felt as though her insides were molten metal that could only be quenched through being filled with him. She looked up into his shimmering sea-green gaze and clutched at his firm tight buttocks, pulling him closer. The blush of shame and lost innocence on his pale cheeks made her pleasure all the greater: she gasped and threw her head back as his perfect cock slid into her.

"Ohhh, Tomas..." Kathy moaned as a feral sensation of possession, of claiming the unclaimed, filled her as she took his virginity. She was moving her hips, her pleasure mounting, when he spoke.

"I love you, Kathy." Her lover whispered, but it sounded different, wrong somehow. This was a familiar voice that froze her blood, even as she kept moving against him, her lust not letting her stop.

Kathy looked up in shock, seeing Mikey's brown eyes in front of her. He was thrusting slowly, pumping into her with almost mechanical indifference. His expression was blank, uncaring, just like when she had caught him fucking that college girl. A bored expression that said louder than words that he was just waiting for her to be done so he could get out of there. She had been seeing that expression in her minds eye for days, and Kathy couldn't stand it anymore.

She screamed in fury, balling her fist and punching him in the mouth. He gasped in pain and tried to roll off her, but her blood was up and she rolled with him, pinning him down with her on top of him, keeping him inside her. She drew in a breath, experiencing a little shudder of pleasure as she looked down at his bloodied mouth and pain-filled eyes. Not so expressionless now, was he? She started to ride him, brushing aside his feeble attempts to get her off him as her hips rocked back and forth.

"Please! I'm sor-" Mikey's apology was cut short as Kathy viciously slapped him across the mouth, then again, feeling thrills of delight wrack her body with each blow. It felt good to be using him for her pleasure. Using him as he had used her. Treating him as the piece of meat he was as she took her revenge on his lying, two-timing face. She hit him again, then again, starting to gasp now in time with each blow as she timed them to her downward thrusts onto him. With each gasp came murmured curses of "Bastard! Bastard! Bastard!", a litany of rage and pleasure mixed. His whimpers of pain were music to her ears, and she balled her fist again and started to punch him, feeling the hard impacts on his flesh with relish. Blood spread across the once-handsome features, her blows coming faster and harder as she started to moan louder and louder, her pleasure mounting.

She felt it coming, the deliciously hot coil of sensation that started to tingle down her spine, filling her muscles with quivering tension. Kathy looked down into Mikey's swollen eyes and smiled mirthlessly, enjoying the pain and terror she saw there. The bastard still didn't look guilty, though. Frightened, sure, but not guilty. He still felt no remorse for what he had done! Her lips drew back in a snarl as she fucked him even harder, her hands going to his throat and clamping down with all her strength, her thumbs digging into his windpipe. His eyes bugged out, looking up into hers in total panic. Now the fucker got it. Now he looked sorry. She felt the hot eruption of her orgasm and wailed as she bore down on him, feeling his body tense and struggle for air, his cock swelling further inside her as his face darkened. His back arched, his hands clutching frantically at her, and as the tidal wave of pleasure crashed over her, Kathy released her hold on Mikey's throat and fell forward, screaming in exultant, climactic release. She clung to the form under her and shuddered for what seemed like hours, her breath coming in ragged gasps that still formed the word "Bastard!" over and over.

Eventually she used a trembling hand to wipe her hair from her sweaty face and sat up on him, feeling an after-shock quiver through her as she did so. She savored the feeling. "You never made me come that hard before, Mikey. Guess a girl has to take charge to get it done ri-" her voice trailed off as she opened her eyes, looking down at the face under her. It wasn't Mikey.

Tomas lay there, his beautiful features battered and bloodstained. His beautiful green eyes were shut, the flesh around them swollen badly and stained with tears. The perfect lips were smashed and swelling, the nose bloody. Horror filling her soul, she noticed dark purple bruises forming on the translucent skin of his throat. He seemed very small as he lay there, still hard inside her. A wave of self-loathing swept over her.

"Tomas?" Her voice was hoarse, quavering. "Oh god!" She was paralysed with sick fear as she felt yet more orgasmic after-shocks quiver through her body, causing her to gasp through her tears of remorse. This was wrong, all wrong. This wasn't her! She couldn't have done this. Another quake of pleasure started to ripple through her, and Kathy screamed in despair and horror-

"Kathy! Wake up, Kathy!" Tomas's voice was urgent, frightened. The scream followed Kathy into the waking world as she sat bolt upright in the passenger seat, the blanket she had covered herself with falling off unheeded as she stared blankly ahead, her mind's eye still seeing the horrible vision of her dream. Sick confusion filled the young woman as she realised that her body was aroused, her nipples hard under the sweater she wore and a heated tingling between her thighs. Christ, her panties felt damp down there! What was wrong with her? She hugged herself as she slowly took stock of where she was.

It was early morning, pre-dawn. Tomas, the pale beauty of his face made almost eerie by the illumination of the dashboard lights, was trying to concentrate on the road as he stole concerned glances her way. Kathy's breathing slowed, her pulse steadying as she looked at the clock on the dash. 05:00. She had slept most of the night, seven hours at least.

"You scared me, Kathy." Tomas's soft voice broke through the remnants of her nightmare, and Kathy smiled wanly at him as he continued. "I almost pulled us over and shook you awake." He smiled shyly back at her, and her smile became more genuine. He was such a sweet kid! She experienced a strong pang of regret that she could do such horrible things to him, even in a dream.

She blamed her horniness and the emotional trauma Mikey had caused her. The last couple of days, her sex drive had been going crazy. Tomas just didn't know what his large green eyes and those shy smiles did to her. Which was part of his charm, she admitted to herself. Sometimes she fancied that he was sneaking glances at her body, which was flattering, to say the least. It was nice to be adored, even if it was by a kid not yet out of high school.

They had talked for hours during the trip so far. He was a quiet and sympathetic listener, his youthful intensity and interest drawing out her woes with Mikey and her feelings of hurt and betrayal with an ease that astonished her. He made it clear that his sympathies lay with her, and that Mikey was a motherfucker (he blushed as he said that word) who didn't deserve to be loved, and that he hoped 'it' dropped off, which made her giggle.

He had confided in her that he was only fifteen years old (soon to be sixteen, he had stressed in a very cute way), and was running away from a stepdad that his mother had died and left him with. He half-heartedly told her that his plan consisted of going to Illinois to look for his father and convince him to take responsibility for once. His innocent face looked a trifle world-weary and cynical at that, an expression that broke Kathy's heart to see. She almost told him that he could come and stay with her, but realised that the offer was a selfish one and so held back from making it. What would the neighbours think of her living with a high-school kid, anyway? She was weirded out to realise that part of her didn't care at all.

"You've been driving all night. How do you feel?" Kathy asked Tomas gently, resisting the urge to slide across and snuggle up to him. God, get a grip, Kathy! She remonstrated with herself even as that treacherous part of her remarked with a leer that wanting to get a grip was the problem.

"Tired." Tomas said with a small shrug. He looked it, though his eyes were still alert as they scanned the pre-dawn road. Kathy realised that she was tired too, as though the sleep hadn't revived her at all. Damn that weird nightmare. They'd have to stop and recharge the ol' batteries.

"Where are we?" She asked, pulling out her portable OpNet terminal as Tomas replied "Just coming up on Denver, about 20 miles out." Kathy pulled up a list of hotels in and around Denver and selected one after a few minutes deliberation. She paused just before booking two rooms for a day, which would give them plenty of time to eat some real food and get some real rest. After a moment's hesitation, she looked at Tomas and asked "Do you mind if we stop for a few days? I've got a ton of money saved up, and a lot of vacation still to use up. If you're in a hurry, of course, we can keep on going."

"Sure!" Tomas exclaimed delightedly before composing himself. "Uh, I mean, that would be cool. I guess we both need a vacation, right?"

"Not just need, kid. We deserve a vacation, you and I." Kathy smiled over at him before booking them both into the Ramada. "There we go. Two rooms for a week. Money's no object, I'll be your sugar-mama." She winked at Tomas, stifling a giggle at the crimson blush her outrageous comment caused. The poor kid was crushing on her, that was obvious. With a warm feeling in her belly, she realised that she could probably seduce Tomas during this week-long stop, and the thought had a lot of appeal. No-one would know, no-one would judge her, and she would be the first woman that this gorgeous young man would ever have. He would be just what she needed to get over Mikey, and she could be good for him as well. She'd teach him to treat women properly, teach him to be a good man, a good lover.

And when they reached Kansas? Well, she'd see what happened then. Maybe he would carry on, and maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he'd stay with her. She'd be good to him. She'd take care of him the way he deserved. And he'd take care of her...

Wednesday Night. 10th August

Katherine moaned softly in her sleep, sweat pinning her hair to her face as she tossed and turned in the hotel bed. Visions both erotic and disturbing tumbled through her unconscious mind. allowing her no true rest. The moans varied in pitch and intensity, at times deep, throaty and full of longing, other times breathless and near-panicked denials as she fought to awaken herself from an image that particularly tormented her. Time and again her mind swam upwards, seeking to save itself, and nearly breaking the surface of her slumber. Every time she escaped one torment, though, she found herself in another overwhelmingly sensual dream, becoming lost in the pleasures and sensations once more, only to find herself confronted with a fractured image of everything she had previously considered pleasurable. What was worse, she found herself enjoying the twisted sensuality, and the revelation horrified her to the core.

And through all the dreams, all the nightmares, she saw Tomas. Did things to Tomas. Allowed him- No, URGED him to do things to her. Time and again she saw his beautiful face contorted with anger, or pain, or lust, or emotional anguish.

All at her instigation.

All for her.

She watched and pleasured herself as his slender form was held down and fucked by a gang of drunken men in a bar, who then turned their rough attentions to her as he lay weeping and broken on the floor... She screamed in pain and ecstacy as Tomas whipped her naked and trussed-up body, shivering in delicious agony as he paused at her behest every now and then to lick the salty tears from her face, then lick the bleeding wounds that criss-crossed her flesh before she commanded him to continue whipping her... She saw herself seducing 'Uncle' Robbie, her dad's oldest friend, riding him hard until his ailing heart gave out, and then carrying on as he gasped and thrashed his last in an obscene parody of climax. Her own pleasure was heightened by his death throes as Tomas watched, his pale face slack with horror...

The final dream was too much, so much so that she broke free of the clinging, cloying slumber that lay heavily across her mind and woke up screaming into the empty hotel room with her eyes open wide, sightlessly staring upon horror. She took a deep, shuddering breath, then curled her arms around her knees and rocked back and forth, sobbing like a child as she tried to excise the images from her mind's eye.

What's wrong with me? What's happening to me? Her thoughts were splintered and chaotic as she tried to impose order on them, to regain control of herself. It was like trying to build a straw hut in a hurricane: as soon as she set some foundations in place, the storm of her tormented mind whisked them away and mocked her efforts. I'm sick. I need therapy. Mikey's cheating must have made me snap somehow. This isn't me... It just isn't!

She cried until no more tears would come, curling up in the strange, lonely bed. Always before, Mikey would cuddle her after a nightmare, stroking her hair and whispering soft nothings to her as she snuggled up against the warm reassurance of his body. No more. She was alone: nobody would help her. Her sobs trailed off as a treacherous idea occured to her.

Wait! I'm not alone. Tomas is next door. Just a few steps over to the connecting door and then I could knock and... Katherine shook her head. No. I can't go to him. It'd be wrong. After those dreams, I can't... The tumult of her mind tossed her back and forth, guilt warring with the need for (Tomas...) COMPANY and someone to (love me...) TALK TO.

He's just a kid...

How old does he need to be to be company? You're just going to see if he's awake, right? And if he is, you can sit and talk to him... Katherine bit her lower lip, then decided. She rolled off the bed, reaching for her pants, then deciding that the long nightshirt she habitually wore met the required standards of decency. It's not like the kid's going to jump on me she reasoned, even as a small, strangely traitorous part of her thrilled to the thought of Tomas finding out she was naked under the nightshirt and what ideas and dreams it might give him. Suppressing a giggle, she tip-toed over to the connecting door and, holding her breath, tapped very slightly with her fingertips. No answer came. Barely able to hear over the hammering of her heart, Katherine tapped a little harder. Still no answer. Without thinking, even as a part of her yammered about it being wrong, wrong, WRONG, she twisted the door handle. The door opened slowly, and she slipped into his room. "Tomas?" She murmured quietly, not wanting to wake him, yet wanting him to be awake.

In the dim light that filtered through the drapes from the streetlamps outside, she saw a huddled shape under the covers of the room's sole bed. She immediately felt guilty yet tender: of course the poor kid was tired. Days on the road, then non-stop driving. She crept closer to the bed and spied the pale beauty of his face on the pillow, black hair framing the perfectly formed mouth and the gorgeously long lashes that nearly brushed his unblemished cheeks. He was so beautiful! Young and tender, yet masculine in some indefinable way. Desire and need hit her so forcefully that it felt like a blow to the stomach, making her gasp out loud before she could stop the impulse. Her body trembled from the conflicting urges: one to flee, the other to slip under the covers, to run her fingertips over the flesh that lay there, to kiss him and feel his manhood react to her nearness...

Katherine's sense returned to her in a cold rush. What am I doing?! He's too young! More than that, he trusts me. I can't use him like this... But the treacherous voice that seemed to be always present lately was softly persuasive. Like he is going to mind one bit that a good-looking twenty-something woman seduced him. He's crushing on you, you know. He wants you, he just doesn't know what to do about it. Show him. It's damned sure what you need, and he's a young man: it's what they ALL need. The thought warmed her body even as her mind was gripped with indecision.

Just then Tomas stirred, and Katherine froze, terrified at the prospect of his awakening. But he just murmured something and rolled over onto his back, the sheets slipping slightly off his torso. She saw the light play over the youthful curves and lines of his shoulders and chest. He seemed better-built than she had previously judged. Nice muscle tone there... the salacious voice in her head advised unnecessarily. It'd be a shame not to... That thought was never completed, for Tomas' eyes flickered open, their iridescent green piercing the shadows and looking at her sleepily.

"Wha..? Katherine?" He sounded drowsily startled. Katherine was glad that the darkness hid the sudden flush of mortified embarrassment that colored her cheeks. Struggling to control the tremor of longing mixed with nervousness in her voice, she spoke.

"Are you alright, Tomas? I thought I heard something fall in here?" The lie was painfully obvious, but in his sleepy state, it might work. She hoped.

"Mmm... m'fine." He answered, still plainly exhausted. Katherine started to turn towards the door then hesitated, looking at those green eyes, half-closed yet still regarding her. "Tomas?" she said, her tone soft and plaintive.

"Yes...?" He still looked at her as she spoke, his face calm, only slight curiousity in his tired voice. Taking a deep breath, Katherine plunged in.

"Can I sleep with- I mean, share a bed with you." Her whole body felt hot, so hard was the blush. The words came out in a rush. "It's just... I'm so lonely, and I'm not used to being lonely like this. And I thought, well, you and I are friends, right, and... Oh, never mind!" She turned to flee.

"Katherine? It's okay." His soft voice stopped her. Looking over, she saw that his eyes were open wider, a slight smile on his lips. "I don't mind. I know it's hard being alone. I always have nightmares, sleeping alone. When I was little, my mother used to comfort me and let me sleep with her, but then she died... and..." He sighed, his eyes closing momentarily, then reopening to fix on hers. "What I'm trying to say is: I'd like you to stay. Please?" The last was delivered softly, almost seductively, so tender was the look in his eyes.

Katherine felt mesmerised as she whispered "Okay." Her heart thumping, she stepped over to the bed and lay down atop the covers. Tomas' slenderly muscled arms went around her shoulders as he cuddled up to her, and hesitantly she returned the embrace, trying not to think about the satiny feel of his skin under her bare arms. His hair brushed the junction of her neck and shoulder as he laid his head against her collarbone. His breath was warm, the scent of him surrounded her, made her head spin. He nuzzled against the hollow of her throat, his lips seeming to caress the skin there as he murmured. "This is nice... Thank you, Katherine." His breathing deepened, and soon he slipped once more into slumber.

Katherine couldn't sleep. Her whole body screamed at her in the most intense arousal she had ever experienced. Her flesh felt so hot; she longed to tear off the nightshirt that caressed her sensitised skin and press herself against the cooling satin that was Tomas. She trembled slightly as visions of that act danced through her mind's eye, the very thought causing a soft climax to ripple through her frame. But it wasn't enough. Nowhere near enough. She moaned very softly in her torment, but could not tear herself away. She should have known. She should have just stayed away from him. If only she had been stronger, she wouldn't be lying there with only a thin blanket and a thin nightshirt between Tomas' naked flesh and hers. Her hands longed to roam, yet she dared not. Could not.

She stayed in that sweet agony for some time...

"I know." Katherine told him from across the table, her voice and gaze holding an intensity bordering on madness as she glared at Tomas in mute accusation. The young woman was still pretty, though now dark shadows underlined her eyes, emphasizing their hollowness. She had not slept properly for days, the vivid and horrifically erotic dreams which visited her nightly seemed to take a heavy toll on her endurance. It seemed every dream resulted in a climax for her - no matter how depraved or debauched the acts she performed or had performed on her, she awoke shuddering in throes of pleasure. She must have barely had enough energy to think, but her mind was formidable enough. For a human, at any rate Tomas mused. This morning she had been watching him ever since she had awoken, her overtaxed faculties making one last grab for reason, for self-possession. Tomas allowed her this - it was amusing to watch the flame of her sanity give one last defiant flicker before it was smothered.

They breakfasted in a crowded truck stop, all of the patrons minding their own business or else watching the television mindlessly as they shovelled food into their mouths, commenting on the doings of this nova, on the negligence of that nova, on how so-and-so from the Teragen should be arrested or how they would handle the nova problem if they were President. Tomas found them repellent; a parliament of apes passing judgement on gods as though they were equals. He briefly toyed with the idea of dealing with all of them his way, of making this diner an abattoir that would leave the baseline cops scratching their heads for years. He filed the idea away for later consideration, and focused on the game at hand.

"What do you know?" He asked her mildly, affecting not to notice her stare as he lifted his glass of juice, his eyes meeting her directly as the container touched his lips. Katherine noticed the slightly-suggestive expression and bit her lower lip, a slight tremor racking her frame. Under the table Tomas knew her thighs would be pressed together hard, as though to snuff out the smouldering heat that had flared between them as he had made eye-contact. He fought the impulse to smile.

"I know your secret." Katherine near-hissed. "I know what you- that is, how you... do these things to me." Though she made an admirable show of defiance, underneath it the young police officer was scared and confused. *Oh god. Please let me be wrong. Let him be normal. Let me be mad instead. But I'm not wrong: I've been blind the whole time. He's a-*

"-Nova." Tomas finished for her as he buttered a slice of toast, amused at her reaction to him finishing her thoughts. "I'm impressed, Katherine. Most baselines would have lost their minds before being able to reason through the fog I've placed on you."

"Why are you doing this to me?" Katherine wanted to scream the question, but could manage nothing more than a hoarse, strangled tone. Tomas took a bite of his toast, then made a slight expression of distaste, setting the over-dry piece of bread down. He sighed and looked at her.

"Because you were a suitable subject: pretty, strong of will, and with a solidly-baseline moral sense of right and wrong. Because it amused me to break down your inhibitions to the point where you daydream about offering yourself to perfect strangers to debase you. Because the sadness, fear, bitterness and guilt you radiated were sweet and satisfying." Tomas smiled then, the expression sharp and glittering in his lambent green eyes. It wasn't the shy smile of the teenage virgin boy hiking to a far off state. It wasn't even the smile of a confident man. It was an utterly inhuman expression of predatory enjoyment, made all the more horrifying by his luminous beauty. Katherine felt her insides twist, fear and desire combining into a terrible brew that made her heart feel as though it was going to stop as Tomas added, almost as an afterthought: "And because I could, of course."

Katherine sat there, stunned by the uncaring malice in that emerald gaze as the young man tried his coffee. He set the cup down, then leaned toward her. She felt the urge to scream again, but felt her volition slipping away as Tomas' eyes filled her universe. She sat mesmerised, able to listen and not much else, as Tomas spoke, his voice level.

"A child grew up in an orphanage. Finally, a couple came along who wanted to keep him." Tomas paused, sipping his coffee. "They did things to the little boy. They hurt him, a lot and in terrible ways. By way of surviving, the boy learned to endure and even enjoy the torments visited upon him, all the while learning how despicable humans are. Because these two were rich and influential, none would ever believe the stories the child told to those a child ought to be able to turn to in such times. Those who did believe him were persuaded otherwise, or else neutralised by varying means. By the time he was eleven, the boy knew that he could turn to no-one to save him. Eventually providence came, and the boy killed his foster parents, then he set out into the world." Tomas fell silent then, gazing out of the window to the truck lot. Katherine found a small reserve of courage to speak.

"B-but why-"

"-am I telling you this?" Tomas glanced at her and smiled a little as if pleased by her question, then answered her. "Because, sweet Katherine, the time has come for us to part company." With that, Tomas stood and slipped around the table, sliding onto the bench seat next to her. This close, her terror was palpable, as was her longing. She herself didn't know which was stronger. "But before I leave, we have a little unfinished business." She felt his hand slide across her belly and then down, smoothing the fabric of her blouse before touching the waistband of her denims.

Katherine gasped as an electrical jolt of pleasure rushed through her. It was incredible, so much so she nearly swooned. She felt her insides turn liquid as his nimble fingers unfastened her jeans and pushed inside her panties. The slightest brush of his fingers over the folds of her sex made her cry out gently, and her arms went around him in wordless surrender as she leaned into his body. Tomas held her against him with one arm as his other hand began to softly rub his rigid finger over her clitoris, the tip pushing very slightly into her folds with each downward stroke. Katherine clung to him, her body starting to tremble as her pelvis began to push against his hand in desperate rhythm. She couldn't even wonder if the other patrons of the diner would notice, so far lost in her own pleasure was she.

She needn't have worried. Everyone else was absorbed in the television show. He felt the rippling waves of Katherine's impending orgasm lap against his mind and smiled, slipping a finger deep inside her sopping wet sex as the heel of his hand massaged her little nub, causing her to peak a little more, her back arching as she aggressively tried to ride his hand. Suddenly he stopped, eliciting a pained moan from Katherine as he withdrew his hand. Her mind nearly gone, she nearly growled as she made a grab for him, but a single look cowed her.

"The bathroom. Come." He ordered, getting up and walking towards the back of the diner. Katherine, her senses ablaze and her mind overwhelmed with desire, almost rushed after him, heedless of her unbuttoned jeans and red face. She felt only one drive, only one prerogative. And she meant to satisfy it.

He fucked her every conceivable way, in every hole, for what seemed like hours in a stinking toilet stall. Katherine, her mind nearly gone, was aware of a rippling series of climaxes and the strong twitching of his member inside her as they both came more times than she could count. She was dripping with perspiration at the finish, her young body twitching in exhaustion. Her face was pressed against the graffiti-strewn surface of the cubicle wall, her whimpers turned to wails of pleasure interspersed with profanity as his cock slid in and out of her with inexorable power, her juices flowing freely down her legs and his. He grabbed a handful of her hair roughly and turned her face towards his, tears of pain springing into her eyes as he kissed her with predatory ferocity and lust, cruelly biting her lip. She could taste her blood on his tongue, and shivered rapturously at the mix of pain and pleasure. He twisted her nipple painfully as she came, making her scream in agonised rapture. She felt him come in her at that moment, and relished the strong pulses as his cock twitched with the force of his final climax.

Withdrawing from her, Tomas leaned against the opposite wall of the cubicle for a moment to recover. He had been riding her mind as he fucked her, feeling every iota of shame and guilt and lust that had wracked her consciousness. Her climaxes had been satisfying, particularly the last one, having combined her lust, pain and sense of degradation in one wholly delicious emotional cocktail. He idly reached out to her as she rested against the wall on her arms and grabbed her sweat-streaked hair again, dragging her to him and forcing her once more onto her already sore knees on the dirty floor.

"Clean me."

Leaning back, he felt her tongue on him and sighed, releasing her hair from his grip. Idly curious, he probed her mind and discovered practically nothing of the woman who had picked him up in Utah. Tomas chuckled, a low sound in the cubicle. "Are you daddy's little girl now?" Katherine was oblivious to his mocking tone, exhausted beyond human limits as she mechanically continued to lick at his member, already clean now for several minutes. Tomas mused that if he let her live, destroyed as she was, she would probably not live very long unless she was committed. Of course, he had no intention of letting her live. Grabbing her hair once more, he forced her head back away from him. "Sit on the toilet." He ordered.

As she sat there, glassy eyed and near-comatose from fatigue, Tomas dressed himself before turning to her, his mind reaching out and touching hers. A rush of consciousness filled the traumatised young woman, and her eyes regained focus as they looked at him, though she was too exhausted to move. "I'm going now, Katherine. In a few minutes, some men are going to come back here. They're not the sort of men Daddy would approve of, but that should be the least of your worries. I can feel their minds out there: they're ugly, and violent, and hate women." Tomas laughed cruelly, and inside Katherine felt herself screaming in terrified protest. "Don't worry, you won't be alone here. I'll be here too: in your mind. I'll be with you to the end, Katherine." He turned to go, and she found the energy from somewhere to speak, albeit weakly.

"...please..." Her voice cracked, her eyes liquid with unshed tears as she looked at him. "...please... don'... ki'... me." Tomas stopped and looked at her, his expression curious. He stepped towards her and squatted down, his face looking directly into hers.

"You still want to live? Like this?" He sounded quietly amazed, then his face took on a quietly pensive look. "Ah, I see. You want revenge, or to see me in jail." He was mildly startled when Katherine shook her head, tears flowing freely now.

"Wan'... live. Want to live... Be with you..." She sobbed weakly, one arm reaching for him, trembling from the effort. Tomas looked stunned, his green eyes widening.

"You want to stay with me?" He shook his head in disbelief. "I care nothing for you. You are sustenance and a plaything. You know this, yet you want to stay with me. Why?" He flinched as Katherine's fingers touched his cheek, gently stroking.

"You... need... to be... loved." She smiled at him tiredly. "You've never... been loved." Tomas recoiled, slapping her hand away, his eyes blazing as he stood up.

"Stupid, empty-headed monkey!" You think I need your love?!" He sneered, his eyes glittering with hate as they gazed at her tear-filled ones. "Like some prosaic happy-ever-after tale? That's all such things are, tales! 'The princess loves the cursed prince and so saves him', blah-blah-blah! Well, this is no tale, and I am under no curse. You will die here in this festering bathroom, as an ex-convict cuts your throat while fucking you and your blood sprays all over his face. I need no love, least of all from an APE!"

He turned and walked out of the stall. Still weeping, still reaching for him, Katherine heard the restroom door slam, the sound echoing into her mind and soul. She was exhausted, fear of her fate the only thing keeping her eyes open. With each new sound of the door opening, her heart raced, but eventually exhaustion had its way, and the naked woman fell asleep in the cubicle.

No men came for her, and she slept a long while, dreaming of green eyes and luminous skin.

Meanwhile, along the highway from the truck stop, the rain was coming down in a solid, heavy drizzle. Cars and trucks speeding on their way never noticed the slender figure wearing a backpack that trudged, head down, along the side of the road. No one noticed the drenched figure as it plodded onwards, bowed more under the weight of its thoughts than against the elements.

Even had anyone noticed, no one could have told whether there were tears mixing with the rainwater on the pale cheeks.

Archived