World of Darkness: Attrition - One Professional to Another(Complete)

Frank White

Wednesday 26 Aug 1000 am

Frank was back on day shift for the next few weeks and he found himself out and about the campus doing his routine rounds when he decided that he'd stop by and pay the grounds keeper Declan Perault and friendly little visit. Declan had in what Frank didn't consider to be funny, hijacked his unofficial CSA helpful reminder thread on the Cal-Net.

The first post was funny but when some other's had followed his lead, he was a bit upset over it. It was small things like that, that really pissed him off. So today, he was going to chat with Declan, and let him know that he life can go pretty easy around here as long as you don't fuck with my shit!

The steady thud of heavy impacts resounded around the mostly-empty gym as a solidly-built man hammered away at the large, and conspicuously new, kick bag. The fact that the man was not wearing gloves or hand wraps despite really punching shit out of the bag raised a few eyebrows, but wise mouths under those eyebrows didn't say a word within earshot the man who was swiftly becoming an urban legend on the campus. About two weeks ago, so the rumor went, this guy had a broken spine or some shit, and he was back up and running around the campus in the early mornings little more than a week later. He punched holes in practice bags, lived by himself but with a string of women visiting him, and apparently was the closest thing UCLA had to Chuck Norris.

Declan as a rule didn't pay much attention to rumors. He was exulting in the freedom of being able to work out again. His spine twinged and ached a lot, but it was healing, and as long as he didn't fuck it up again, the Uratha knew he'd be fully combat ready in a week, maybe less. A brutal combination followed an uppercut, and Owns-The-Night danced left and right as though seeking openings.

The Azlu was before him, wicked barbs waving in menace as he wove and ducked and sank his fist (claws) into its gut. Rocking backwards, the Rahu leapt a few feet into the air and hammered his forehead into the creature's face, the impact making the bag sway as he dropped back to the floor. He stepped in and left/right/left'ed the bag with hard crunching body blows, then span away and darted to the side. He checked his move as a twinge went off in his back and grumbled under his breath, stopping and slowly breathing in deeply, his hands on his hips.

It was then that he became aware that someone was watching him. He turned his head and looked down the length of the gym to the doorway. A vaguely familiar figure dressed in a uniform stood there, and Declan kept his eyes steadily on the man as he wiped sweat away from his brow with a towel, his bruised and cut hands already having healed as Frank White approached.

As Frank watched Declan he became quite impressed with the mans boxing skills. He knew that Declan had once served in the military, hell everyone around here knew that, what really intrigued Frank about the man was why would a combat vet choose to work as a grounds keeper at UCLA. That just boggled his mind. The world's a strange place sometimes and I guess that some people have their own reasons for doing what they do.

Frank had tried to get in contact with Declan a little over a week and a have ago, but had found out that he was placed on sick leave. He hadn't really thought about it to much, but he had heard some of the rumors that were floating around. Well from the looks of it right now there's not a thing wrong with the guy. Silly kids and their rumors.

As he walked closer to Declan he could notice the night stick attached to the uniform that marked his as member of the CSA. Frank called out to Declan "Hey, man can you spare a few moments. I wanted to talk to you earlier, but some other stuff came up and I had heard you got hurt or something."

Declan recognised him then: Fearless Frank. A human campus cop who was filed into the 'mostly harmless, but potentially irritating' category on the werewolf's personal threat meter.

"Yeah, I had some back trouble." He grunted as Frank came closer, still towelling himself off. "So what'd you want to talk about?"

"Back trouble you say, must not have been that bad at all." he says with a laugh. "The real reason I wanted to speak with you is probably a small thing to you but to me, it's something that really irked me."

He can see a confused look on Declan face, "I'm talking about that little dating ad you posted in my CalNet thread. I have to admit that first one was funny, I got a sense of humor to." A slight grin quickly crosses his lips before he continues on.

"The other's that came after, well that was what I wanted to see. Not that I could stop anyone from doing that, I just don't like people messing up something good I tried to do for these kids around here."

Declan narrowed his eyes at Frank. Okay, the guy had a point, but...

"It's a public board, and no-one was tryin' to mess up anythin'." The large man said in a low, quiet voice. "If anything, your little notice got more exposure due to the extra posts. Can't promise that if somethin' takes me funny, I won't act on it. Sorry man, but you need to chill out about that. I'll say what I please, when I damn well please." He scooped up a bottle of water and took a long drink. When he lowered the bottle, he looked Frank dead in the eyes.

"Anythin' else? I've got things to do."

"Yeah your right, it's a public forum, but like I said it's my public forum." the last part came out a bit more harsh that he wanted but he didn't let that stop him for going on .

Frank looked right back into Declan's eyes the slightest bit unafraid. "Don't think you can push me around, Declan. You just watch yourself around me, you got that. You stay out of my affairs, and I'll leave you to trim the fuckin' roses in peace okay. Nice chatting with you." Frank turns and walks off leaving a one pissed of gardener behind.

(OOC: Not trying to intimidate Declan, just make a statement)

The 'gardener' didn't stay behind for long. Frankie felt himself spun round and looked straight into eyes that spoke of pure argent fury held back by a thin cord of control.

"Don't threaten me, and don't tell me what to do, you doughnut-chewing soft-bellied piece of shit." Declan's voice was a low growl, something other rumbling in the back of his throat. "You think a badge and a stick give you shit over me? Fuck you. YOU watch yourself around ME!" The last word was snarled into Frank White's face.

Declan's move to spin Frank around wasn't totally unexpected but it still surprised Frank by the sheer quickness in the move. Who the fuck does this guy think he's messing with, and did he just snarl at me like a fucking dog or worse a wolf?

Frank pulls back from Declan a bit uncertain as to his intent. What a fuckin psycho. Man oh man what the fuck got his panties all in a wad. "Look Declan, that wasn't a threat I was making, that was a statement. He slowly pulls his hand off his nightstick and raises his hand up to show there empty. "I didn't come here to fight, it's just not worth it. Now I'm just going to leave and not press this any further, we can just leave it at that."

Frank made sure to watch Declan walk off this time. He wasn't about to let himself get bushwhacked again. He shook his head though in disbelief, did the man really snarl at him like a fuckin animal! He didn't know that someone could make sounds like that. That was just to fuckin crazy for him. Way to fuckin crazy!

Archived