Adventure! RPG - Hello, is anyone out there?

Delbert Jackson

It's just because no one's really trying to keep anything going here. Heck, I never got around to doing that 'report' to cap off the bit I did for the Wire. I think the Adventure boards have the problem of not enough people having the game (sacrilege!) and the telegram format is too limiting to tell a good story.

Quote:
Originally posted by NeoVid:
I think the Adventure boards have the problem of not enough people having the game (sacrilege!) and the telegram format is too limiting to tell a good story.

There's not a lot I can do for the first part of your comment, but I would love to hear any ideas that anyone has to help out the adventure sections here.

I realize this may be sacrilige but, for the people that feel A! is a hassle, there is a game called Dime Heroes. This game is sorta A! Lite. So, for people who want to try pulp but don't want to invest a lot a first, this is a good game.

A review of it is here. http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_5435.html

I modified the rules to replace the single dice roll with the WoD mechanic (sort of) and use the number of 4's on d6's in place of it. (The target value from the original rules as the number of d6's to roll.)

Seems to work fine and gets people into a game a lot easier.

Archived