Aberrant: In the Beginning - In the Clutches of the Sun Lord

Titan

Continued from the 'Fiat Lux' thread...

Caryn awoke, as if from a deep, dreamless slumber. She sat up quickly, remembering. She was in a huge stone throne room, with several other people. On the throne reclined an olive skinned man, barechested, with a wrap around skirt that seemed woven of gold. On his head was an Egyptian headdress, and in his hands were two rods. Lounging at his feet, two lions watched the room warily.

She looked down at herself. She was also barechested, to her momentary embarassment. She wore a gossamer skirt that attached to her ankles. She saw on the backs of her hands were painted (tattooed?!) the heads of cobras, their bodies twining around her arms.

Arrayed around the room were other... people. Klaus was there, his armor gleaming blackly, twin spears jutting up over his shoulders. Another man(?) stood near Klaus, feeling his face, which was actually the head of a jackal. He seemed in shock. A woman(?) with yellow fur and brown spots, like a cheetah, was curled against a pillar, still asleep.

Klaus was speaking:

"Wer sind Sie? Warum haben Sie brachte uns hier?"

The figure on the throne shifted slightly.

"I am Ra. Your father, Seker, though you remember it not. I have brought you here to remember. You, and Amunet, Set(though I love him not) and Mafdet. I will help you remember yourselves, who have slumbered through the millenia. Then, we will rule once more."

Caryn heard unshakable belief in his voice.

Continued from the 'Fiat Lux' thread...

Caryn awoke, as if from a deep, dreamless slumber. She sat up quickly, remembering. She was in a huge stone throne room, with several other people. On the throne reclined an olive skinned man, barechested, with a wrap around skirt that seemed woven of gold. On his head was an Egyptian headdress, and in his hands were two rods. Lounging at his feet, two lions watched the room warily.

She looked down at herself. She was also barechested, to her momentary embarassment. She wore a gossamer skirt that attached to her ankles. She saw on the backs of her hands were painted (tattooed?!) the heads of cobras, their bodies twining around her arms.

Arrayed around the room were other... people. Klaus was there, his armor gleaming blackly, twin spears jutting up over his shoulders. Another man(?) stood near Klaus, feeling his face, which was actually the head of a jackal. He seemed in shock. A woman(?) with yellow fur and brown spots, like a cheetah, was curled against a pillar, still asleep.

Klaus was speaking:

"Wer sind Sie? Warum haben Sie brachte uns hier?"

The figure on the throne shifted slightly.

"I am Ra. Your father, Seker, though you remember it not. I have brought you here to remember. You, and Amunet, Set(though I love him not) and Mafdet. I will help you remember yourselves, who have slumbered through the millenia. Then, we will rule once more."

Caryn heard unshakable belief in his voice.

"What do you have to offer us? What if we do not want to follow your path?" Caryn asks the man.

She starts to walk towards him, turning intangible at the same time. She glances at the lions next to him, then back up to his face.

She felt an overwhelming sense of bravory... or importance. Caryn stands and stares at him.

"What do you have to offer us? What if we do not want to follow your path?" Caryn asks the man.

She starts to walk towards him, turning intangible at the same time. She glances at the lions next to him, then back up to his face.

She felt an overwhelming sense of bravory... or importance. Caryn stands and stares at him.

Ra looks down from his throne, amusement playing on his lips. He gestured, and Caryn was solid once more. He beckoned, and she floated before him. He smiled at her gently.

"Amunet, it is not what I can offer, though I can offer much. Nor is it my path, though I must needs show you the way. You have slept, and now you are awake, as have I. Again the gods walk among men, and though this time is strange, and men's powers have waxed in our absence, soon we shall rule them once more."

He pointed to a spot over Caryn's shoulder.

"Look you. Seshat comes, of her own will, to join us. She too is confused, and knows not who she really is, but I shall teach her, as I teach you all."

There is a pop, and Wei Fang appears.

Ra looks down from his throne, amusement playing on his lips. He gestured, and Caryn was solid once more. He beckoned, and she floated before him. He smiled at her gently.

"Amunet, it is not what I can offer, though I can offer much. Nor is it my path, though I must needs show you the way. You have slept, and now you are awake, as have I. Again the gods walk among men, and though this time is strange, and men's powers have waxed in our absence, soon we shall rule them once more."

He pointed to a spot over Caryn's shoulder.

"Look you. Seshat comes, of her own will, to join us. She too is confused, and knows not who she really is, but I shall teach her, as I teach you all."

There is a pop, and Wei Fang appears.

[Continued from the 'Fiat Lux' thread...]

Fang looked around in surprise. She was no longer at Æon, it seemed. She was in a stone room, very large, with pillars holding up the ceiling. Many of the New People were here, including Caryn, who was suspended in the air in front of a man on a throne. He was pointing at Fang, a smile on his face. Caryn looked at her too, as did Klaus, also present.

Klaus stepped towards Fang, saying, "Götter? Vielleicht. Ich weiß nicht, darüber. Aber ich habe gesehen, diese Frau vor. Und jetzt werden sie sterben."

He reached over his shoulder and drew a spear. His face was an expressionless mask.

Ra laughed.

[Continued from the 'Fiat Lux' thread...]

Fang looked around in surprise. She was no longer at Æon, it seemed. She was in a stone room, very large, with pillars holding up the ceiling. Many of the New People were here, including Caryn, who was suspended in the air in front of a man on a throne. He was pointing at Fang, a smile on his face. Caryn looked at her too, as did Klaus, also present.

Klaus stepped towards Fang, saying, "Götter? Vielleicht. Ich weiß nicht, darüber. Aber ich habe gesehen, diese Frau vor. Und jetzt werden sie sterben."

He reached over his shoulder and drew a spear. His face was an expressionless mask.

Ra laughed.

She got the vague idea of what he was saying as she sprawled on her ass, wincing. She'd been sitting when she'd been brought here, and so she fell. But a remaining tingle in her body hinted that she'd been the one to teleport her. She tried to do whatever she'd done to get here but since she wasn't sure what she'd done, she just lay on her ass on the floor.

That left her primary concern surviving the next thirty-two seconds, which was how long she calculated she had if Klaus actually attacked her. The word for 'kill' meant bad things for her. But the word for 'gods' held opportunity, and given the Egyptian motif running around the room, Fang was able to draw a couple of conclusions:

1. Ra was collecting New People because he thought they were gods, Egyptian gods, to be exact.

2. Ra was crazy.

Klaus was advancing on her, and Fang felt fear surge in her. Her pulse jumped and began to pound through her body. She almost backed up, but it wouldn't make a difference. Klaus could kill her over against the far wall as a quickly as here. Instead, she reached out, grabbed his chaos and shut it down.

[OOC: Or I hope she does. grin]

She got the vague idea of what he was saying as she sprawled on her ass, wincing. She'd been sitting when she'd been brought here, and so she fell. But a remaining tingle in her body hinted that she'd been the one to teleport her. She tried to do whatever she'd done to get here but since she wasn't sure what she'd done, she just lay on her ass on the floor.

That left her primary concern surviving the next thirty-two seconds, which was how long she calculated she had if Klaus actually attacked her. The word for 'kill' meant bad things for her. But the word for 'gods' held opportunity, and given the Egyptian motif running around the room, Fang was able to draw a couple of conclusions:

1. Ra was collecting New People because he thought they were gods, Egyptian gods, to be exact.

2. Ra was crazy.

Klaus was advancing on her, and Fang felt fear surge in her. Her pulse jumped and began to pound through her body. She almost backed up, but it wouldn't make a difference. Klaus could kill her over against the far wall as a quickly as here. Instead, she reached out, grabbed his chaos and shut it down.

[OOC: Or I hope she does. grin]

Klaus staggers slightly. He glances down at his body, then back at Fang. He seems less somehow. He continues toward her.

"Also war es, Sie stahlen meiner Macht von mir. Egal. Sie werden noch sterben."

The tip of the spear gleams dully in the firelight.

Klaus staggers slightly. He glances down at his body, then back at Fang. He seems less somehow. He continues toward her.

"Also war es, Sie stahlen meiner Macht von mir. Egal. Sie werden noch sterben."

The tip of the spear gleams dully in the firelight.

Caryn struggles and tries to free herself.

"Don't let him hurt her! Call him back" She yells at RA.

She reaches out in Klaus's direction. She directs her hand towards his spear and attempts to use her disintegration to get rid of it.

Caryn struggles and tries to free herself.

"Don't let him hurt her! Call him back" She yells at RA.

She reaches out in Klaus's direction. She directs her hand towards his spear and attempts to use her disintegration to get rid of it.

The viscious black stuff that Caryn threw from her hand struck the end of the spear, reducing the iron instantly to a smoking stump. Klaus turned to Caryn.

"Denken Sie nicht, ich habe vergessen Sie entweder, Hündin. Sie sterben auch." The toneless, emotionally void way he spoke was chilling, even if the words were not understood. He began to draw the second spear from his other shoulder.

Ra spoke.

"This tires me. Seker, let Seshat be. Quarrelling amongst yourselves is fine, however do not waste My time. Here is your power, Lord of Death." He waved his hand, and Fang felt her control of the chaos vanish. Klaus's face glowed again as a golden skull.

"Now. It is time for you to become, as Set has become." He gestured to the Jackal headed man, whose insect wings were folded behind his back. "As Mafdet has become." He motioned to the sleeping cheetah/woman.

"Seker, you have displeased me. Therefore I shall begin with Amunet. BECOME." His voice reverberated in her head, and she felt herself changing. It was excruciating, her body ached with fire. She became.

(OOC: Wraith please spend 25 temporary Nova Points... and from here forth, play your character as a Goddess, and a devout follower of Ra)

The viscious black stuff that Caryn threw from her hand struck the end of the spear, reducing the iron instantly to a smoking stump. Klaus turned to Caryn.

"Denken Sie nicht, ich habe vergessen Sie entweder, Hündin. Sie sterben auch." The toneless, emotionally void way he spoke was chilling, even if the words were not understood. He began to draw the second spear from his other shoulder.

Ra spoke.

"This tires me. Seker, let Seshat be. Quarrelling amongst yourselves is fine, however do not waste My time. Here is your power, Lord of Death." He waved his hand, and Fang felt her control of the chaos vanish. Klaus's face glowed again as a golden skull.

"Now. It is time for you to become, as Set has become." He gestured to the Jackal headed man, whose insect wings were folded behind his back. "As Mafdet has become." He motioned to the sleeping cheetah/woman.

"Seker, you have displeased me. Therefore I shall begin with Amunet. BECOME." His voice reverberated in her head, and she felt herself changing. It was excruciating, her body ached with fire. She became.

(OOC: Wraith please spend 25 temporary Nova Points... and from here forth, play your character as a Goddess, and a devout follower of Ra)

Ra stood, his body luminous, and focused deeply on the changing body of Caryn.

Ra1.jpg

Fang saw Caryn's body become transparant, her skin and muscle fading to nothing, her legs fading away completely. Mostly her bones remained visible, and these glowed with an inner light. Fang could hardly look at her as she transformed, so inhuman were the changes.

WraithUTH.jpg

Caryn screamed in pain, a wail that defied human vocal cords, and sent shivers down Fang's spine. Ra closed his eyes, pouring more and more power into the Wraith that Caryn was becoming.

Fang screamed reflexively, backing away from the vision of her friend consumed by Ra's will and reality. She tripped over something and landed on her butt. That jarring halt didn't stop her scream or the tears that were coming - she was blindly panicking and she knew it. But she couldn't control herself - she was alone, in hostile territory and about to have her mind and personality changed.

Desperately, she reached for something safe, somewhere she'd been happy and satisfied. She skittered backwards but again, she didn't move. The world did.

Immediately, she was assaulted with familiar scents and sounds. She was in a room lit by fluorescent lights. Normally, it would be filled with the sound of the industrious Communist workers busily analyzing data from around the world. Right now, only a few dedicated workers were there to see their former co-worker pop into existence.

They stared at her; she stared at them, slowly climbing to her feet. Someone picked up their phone, started to dial, and Fang got ready to run. Then her phone rang, making everyone jump. Automatically, she fumbled it out of her pocket. It was from Jay, and like that, Fang realized how to get home. She reached out for Jay, who was in London; she thought of Jay and ran for him. And once again, she moved the world. This time, she saw what was happening; she slipped beyond the constraints of order and space and stepped through it to another place, a place with Jay.

Her former co-workers watched her disappear again. The one holding dialing completed the number, but looked unsure of what he'd seen. Had Wei Fang really been there? It had been so fast.

Fang popped back into the briefing room, shivering, crying with relief, and the phone in her hand still ringing.

[back to Fiat Lux...]

Amunet The Wraith Goddess stood before her Lord Ra. She starts to move/float towards Klaus and stops still glaring at him. She spoke to Seker with her mind. Come at me again and I will have your head.

She looks away from him slowly, focusing on Set and Mafdet then back at RA, bowing her head. "I am ready to serve you Lord RA." Her voice sounds like a hollow gasp.

Ra smiled down at Wraith's bowed head. He reclined momentarily, as though resting from a minor bit of exercise.

"Good. And Seshat has gone, as well. Excellent. All continues to unfold as I have forseen."

Set stepped forward, knelt before the throne. The lions looked at him with fear, snarling deep in their throats. He raised his head to face Ra.

"Why, Lord Ra? Why did you let her go?"

Ra laughed.

"She will bring more of them to me as she is now, than she ever could have as a Goddess. Do not worry, Set, my ancient enemy. Once before I underestimated the Gods. I shall never do so again. This time, Ra shall rule forever on the Boat of a Million Years."

He turned his attention to Klaus, who stood blankly staring at the Wraith Goddess, Amunet. He gestured him forward, and Klaus came flying up before the throne. Mafdet stretched and yawned, her fur standing on end, and padded over to where they were all assembled around the throne.

"Seker. Lord of Death. It is time for you to become. BECOME!

And Klaus became.

Two gods and two goddesses knelt before the throne of Ra. He looked upon what he had wrought and called it good.

"Rise, my children. This is but the beginning, but we are well begun. Now, it is time to make the world know my power."

The assembled deities gazed adoringly up at Lord Ra.

"Mafdet. The Swift One. Amunet. The Wraith. Set. Lord of Storms. Seker. Lord of Death. Go to Cairo. Go to the capitol of this so-called 'Egypt', and let them know that Ra comes."

The four bowed low.

Amunet stood and turned to the others.

"We will go to see Hosni Mubarak first, after we take care of him the people will be told of Lord RA's coming." She says starting to step away.

She kneel's to the ground, then makes a sudden leap up through the ceiling, phasing through.

As Amnet travels through miles of underground, she reaches the surface and stops herself as she reaches air. Levitating above the sand, her eyes close, she spreads her arm out to each side of her and takes in a deep breath.

The white eyes open again and she focus's around on her surroundings. In her mind she finds Mafdet, Set, and Seker.

Come.

Amnet propels herself into the air and starts on her journey. Looking at the ground with her eyes focused, seeing the heat sources shaped like human figures... hundreds at a time.

As she closes in, she see's a bigger swarm of people, she goes invisible approaching the highest building.

Cheer's and applause, met with one loud voice on a stage in the center of the crowd. She looks closer, a full close up of Mubarak.

Her mind finds his: I have come for you Hosni, this will be your ending

Standing atop the building, overlooking Al-Azhar park in downtown Cairo, Amunet is aware of her fellow deities approaching. She hears Set's thoughts, outside the city, as he summons a majestic sandstorm to unleash on the unsuspecting public. She heard Mafdet, as she grew to twice her normal size and called out to all the cats of the city to come to her. She heard Seker's hateful mantra in his mind, as he jumped from shadow to shadow, still not within range of the city.

She smiled. The kill would be her's, then. If Seker could find glory and favor with Ra, so be it. She knew she would be favored.

Mubarak had paused in his speech, responding to her mental contact. His pitiful words of reclamation of the Islamic quarter, and joining with all cultures and religion would soon sound quite hollow, she was sure. She waited a moment more. The crowd began to shift and murmur, aware that something was wrong. On the dias, Mubarak tried to regain focus.

His old man's voice said, "ah.. together... together we shall show the world a united Egypt, an Egypt unbound from racial tensions, an Egypt the world can be proud to call neighbor."

Now.

Amunet becomes visible again. She begins to leap from the building she focuses her power. Two other Wraiths stepped out of her to either side. They all leap towards Mubarak. Surround Him She tells the Wraiths with her thoughts.

They approach the stage, Amunet directly behind Mubarak, the Wraiths on his left and right. Large men in suits begin to move towards them all. The Wraiths lift their hands towards the men, pushing them back with a burst of Air.

Amunet moves closer to Mubarak, becomes tangible and reaches out to him, grabbing him by the throat, lifting him into the air.

The crowd moans in horror. She looks out to them, "Egypt has forgotten her true course. From the beginning Egypt has been ruled by Gods made flesh, you have forgotten that but RA is coming. Soon you will remember and bow before Lord RA once more. But first a taste of Lord Ra's displeasure." She says clutching the man.

Her hand tightens around his throat, a dark cloud steams out, surrounding his entire head, his neck starts to blow away in pieces as the wind picks up speed, soon his entire head is gone in a gust of wind.

As Mubarak's headless corpse slithered down to lay on the stage, Amunet could feel the first grains of sand in the air. Below, the crowd screamed in fear... then pain, as the first of Mafdet's cats began to attack. Within seconds, the crowd was teeming with snarling, spitting felines, scratching and biting tender flesh. Amunet could see Mafdet towering above the throng, darting here and decapitating 4 humans at a stroke of her hand-scythe, then there to do the same again. The crowd started to break.

That's when the sandstorm hit. Pummelling wind filled with grit and scouring sand struck the crowd and nearly flayed flesh from bones. To add to the chaos, the wind brought a horde of giant wasps, adding their stings to the pain inflicted on the crowd, and their buzz to the general bedlam.

Amunet could hear Seker's thoughts as he ranged throughout the city. A late arrival, he made up for his tardiness with ferocity and efficiency, leaving a trail of bodies wherever he appeared. Sacrifice was necessary, to punish and demonstrate the futility of straying from the true path. Human sacrifice.

Amunet added her own chaos to the fray.

Amunet watches in silence. She points out to the crowd, and the two Wraiths reach out, blasts of air shooting from each of their hands, knocking people back, staggering over each other.

Amunet turns intangible and starts to propel herself into the air, but stops just above the chaos. Enough. She tells her deities.

She pushes herself further into the air, then speeds up, heading back to where she came from. When she arrives to the area she let herself fall into the ground, falling and falling until she reached the throne room and she became tangible again. She caught herself, then walked towards Lord Ra and lowered herself. "Egypt knows of your presence Lord RA." She says to him, then stands again waiting for his response.

Ra chuckles grandly.

"Perfect, my good and faithful one. But the others haven't finished their exuberances yet, have they? Repression. Pure Repression. That's why I picked them, you know."

Ra leans forward on his throne, peering into Amunet's face.

"You, though. You sought ME out. You are different. I say go, tell... and you go, and tell, then return. Obedient, to a fault. Or is it a strength?"

He leans back again, pondering.

"Your friends. From before. They are coming. Even now, they stand outside my temple, gaining entry from where Mafdet breached the wall. Does that bother you, to know that you will soon face them at my side?"

Ra waves away any reply. He gestures, and the wall behind him opens. A small room reveals a pushed open sarcophagus, and assorted sealed vases and cairns. On an altar are four jars, sealed with brittle wax. He looks it over, then nods. He turns back to Amunet.

"All is in readiness. Are you certain you would face them? Those who took you in, and made you one of them?" His voice was mocking.

Amunet looks over at the room full of artifacts. "I follow you, my lord, we shall see what the others have come for." She says as she starts to look around the rest of the room, focusing trying to see through them, to pinpoint where the others are coming from. Her body begins to go intangible, then invisible, still focusing around the walls, waiting to see them.

Archived