Aberrant: In the Beginning - My First Jump (Completed)

Katalyst

(OOC Just some background on King, pre N! Day stuff)

August 15, 1992

I remember my first jump vividly.....me and my buddy Smith had just boarded the plane, and they had crammed us in like sardines. As we took off, one of Sergeants was walking the length of the plane and asking everyone the same damn question, "Anyone want to quit now?" He stopped and looked at me, noticing that I was the only one dripping wet with sweat. "Damn Number 171!" he said...."I didn't think you would react like this! You got this far without a hitch. You look scared as shit boy!"

"I ain't scared Sergeant!" I screamed above the drone of the engines, "But I hate being packed in here all tight and shit, and this is worse than those damn cattle cars in basic training! I feel like I can't breathe!"

So he has me stand up, and grabbed me by my harness and said, "You stay with me son, and do what I fuckin tell you!"

So he drags me to the back of the plane, tripping over the feet of the others till we get to the door. They open the door and he says, "Now, stick your head out that door and get some big deep breathes!" He pushed me way out, and I felt like I was holding on for dear life.

Just then I hear "STAND UP!", but all I could concentrate on was the fresh air outside and the view of the wide open sky. I could feel the Jumpmaster hooking up my static line behind me, then someone behind me asked me if I was OK. Just as I said yes he hollered "GO Damnit!" and out I went.

It was a great ride down, and I made a perfect PLF. I couldn't wait to jump again. When we got ready for the next jump, the Jumpmaster came up to me and said, "Now when you get in that plane and sit down, just close your eyes and remember looking out and breathing that fresh air and you'll be fine. But just in case, I am putting you number one on this stick.

I never did have any more trouble jumping, but I still get a bit edgy when I am stuck on a commercial airline, waiting on the tarmac, and I just remember that day, sticking my head out the door and breathing that blast of air.

(OOC Just some background on King, pre N! Day stuff)

August 15, 1992

I remember my first jump vividly.....me and my buddy Smith had just boarded the plane, and they had crammed us in like sardines. As we took off, one of Sergeants was walking the length of the plane and asking everyone the same damn question, "Anyone want to quit now?" He stopped and looked at me, noticing that I was the only one dripping wet with sweat. "Damn Number 171!" he said...."I didn't think you would react like this! You got this far without a hitch. You look scared as shit boy!"

"I ain't scared Sergeant!" I screamed above the drone of the engines, "But I hate being packed in here all tight and shit, and this is worse than those damn cattle cars in basic training! I feel like I can't breathe!"

So he has me stand up, and grabbed me by my harness and said, "You stay with me son, and do what I fuckin tell you!"

So he drags me to the back of the plane, tripping over the feet of the others till we get to the door. They open the door and he says, "Now, stick your head out that door and get some big deep breathes!" He pushed me way out, and I felt like I was holding on for dear life.

Just then I hear "STAND UP!", but all I could concentrate on was the fresh air outside and the view of the wide open sky. I could feel the Jumpmaster hooking up my static line behind me, then someone behind me asked me if I was OK. Just as I said yes he hollered "GO Damnit!" and out I went.

It was a great ride down, and I made a perfect PLF. I couldn't wait to jump again. When we got ready for the next jump, the Jumpmaster came up to me and said, "Now when you get in that plane and sit down, just close your eyes and remember looking out and breathing that fresh air and you'll be fine. But just in case, I am putting you number one on this stick.

I never did have any more trouble jumping, but I still get a bit edgy when I am stuck on a commercial airline, waiting on the tarmac, and I just remember that day, sticking my head out the door and breathing that blast of air.

Archived