Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - READ THIS, YOUR CHARACTER MAY DEPEND ON IT

Okay, so after the first few weeks of the boards being opened, I'm noticing a disturbing trend of characters sheets that are, let's say, incorrect. Grossly over points, missing sections specifically spoken of in the Orientation, having stats that are not allowed by the character's flaws/stats/Quantumn. Now, everyone makes mistakes. I misread the rule on Megas and gave one of my characters to high a stamina for her Quantumn. It happens.

Please stop.

Ptes, Carver, and I are doing our best, and right now we really want to see people posting with their characters. We want them in the game and getting situated for the first big moderated storyline. I'll even tell you what we're doing at the end of this post, as an incentive for reading the whole thing. We thought we could just glance over sheets, add up the costs, and trust the players to be playing by the rules. That's partly because otherwise sanctioning a character can take up to week with the schedules we have. Unfortunately, from the issues and mistakes we've seen when we just glance things over, that's exactly what we're going to have to start doing.

So, here are the new rules for submitting a character:

1. You must submit all characters, not just Q6, non-canon book use, or 90 NP characters. All of them. In one PM send the character to Ptesan-Wi, Dawn OOC, and GBM MCH.
  2. On your character sheet you must have a breakdown of how you spent your points.
  3. On your character sheet list out all mechanical effects of Merits or Flaws.
  4. You must show how you arrived at any derived statistic (Initiative, Soaks, etc.) if it is not the standard for a base nova character.
  5. On your character list the MET Influences you are using or that you are opting out of the Influence system at character creation.
  6. You must list the general moniker you are known by here, for tracking of number of characters in play and retired. This remains Moderator knowledge only unless you wish to tell others who you are the player of.

I think that's it for now. I'm sorry to do this, as it makes it more time-consumer to create a character, but Ptes and I simply do not have the time to do this breakdown on every submitted character.

For characters already in play: I and Ptes would appreciate it if you would do the same and PM us the numbers, however we will do audits of approved characters over the next week or two if we do not receive a PM from you and will contact you with any issues we discover.

The Night of Long Knives. smile

Archived