Aberrant: In the Beginning - Chapter 1- "Fiat Lux!"

Titan

King joins Michael in thanking Juno. "Kid you did alright, you keep your head, while the rest of just kinda fumbled around." he voice is full of respect.

"Fang, everyone, I think that a well deserve rest in order once we get the heck out of here. "Titan O, sorry about giving you shit earlier, chalk it up to nerves, but you proved yourself to me as well."

"Mr Jones, can Mbuto takes us back or what?"

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fang was frowning at the place where Ra had been, a finger pensively stroking her chin. The Ship of a Thousand Years. They had won, but they had lost, too. Ra had the answer that Fang needed, the one to the key to the survival of the New People. She silently cursed to herself, feeling that horrible sense of failure.

No, Ra had learned to do what he had done, and so would she. She wouldn't fail; there was too much to be done to just give up. And first, she needed allies. She smiled up at Titan Omega and patted him on the arm. "Thank you," she murmured to him, smiling prettily.

"Wraith, would you like to come with us? We'll protect you and see that you're safe," Fang said. "You did what you did under another's control, and we'll vouch for you on that."

Max shook himself, looking around at the group as though seeing them for the first time.

"Yes... er, yes. He should be able to. Although, you say the phones have stopped working? Hrmph."

He pries open his cell phone, and looks at it blankly for a moment. He presses a button. There is a 'meep' from the phone.

"There. If I'm not mistaken..."

The world around them shimmers, then resolves itself into the Conference room at Æon. They all, including Wraith, have come through. Mbuto slithers silently to the floor.

Ignoring him for the moment, Margaret Mercer steps forward, eyes blazing.

"What happened? Is this everyone? Did you stop him? Someone tell me something!"

Fang drew a deep breath and began. She recounted what happened, telling it in precise detail. At the end, though, she felt dizzy and unstable. "I... think I need to eat and rest," she said softly, pressing a hand to her forehead. "I haven't... oh, no wonder. I haven't slept for a while, and I haven't eaten today at all."

Titan braces himself against the gale force winds dricing into him like a sandblaster. He watches dumbstruck as the Wraith approaches and removes a mummified heart, then proceeds to infect Ra with it. Suddenly the madness is over all too soon, leaving the group of them reeling. He stands though still protective over his charges and listens to Ra soliloquey with the best of them before fading into nothingness.

Originally Posted By: Michael Peters
"I... I dont know. We restored his sanity? His empathy perhaps?"

"The ancient people of Khem believed that the heart, not the brain was the seat of reason and the soul. The brain was seen as superfluous and so during mummification it was liquefied, drained through the nasal cavity and disposed of," Titan says matter-of-factly.

Quote:
She smiled up at Titan Omega and patted him on the arm. "Thank you," she murmured to him, smiling prettily.

This time it is Titan's turn to blush, his cheeks flushing crimson and somehow seeming to make him seem even more the hearthrob.

"No problem," he says full of confidence, though the smooth skin roose into gooseflesh where she touched him.

((App 5, Quality: Hearthrob, Mega App 1, Style 4))

Quote:
The world around them shimmers, then resolves itself into the Conference room at Æon. They all, including Wraith, have come through. Mbuto slithers silently to the floor.

"Hmmm." The Titan seems to muse to himself. "What now?" he asks.

Fang is trying hard to ignore the costumed man or his reactions to her. There are far too many questions in her mind about him and she wasn't sure she understood him well enough to trust him.

She took a seat and signed wearily. "Now?" she echoed the titan. "Now, we eat and rest and figure out where to go from here."

Archived