Aberrant: In the Beginning - Katalyst

Katalyst

[stealth- 1,5,5,5,6,8,9,9,10]

King eases by the ranging men. They look like pros, although one is Caucasian and the other is obviously of Arab or Spanish descent. They head off south, towards where they saw King land.

King makes his way slowly to the .50 cal. The gunner never even glances his way, although the two men in the bunker appear to have shaken off the effects of the stunning blast, and are also scanning the scrub to the south and west. King hears a snatch of low conversation.

"Genric wouldn't touch it, that's why."

"I'm just saying, this is a bad deal, these Novas. The SAM should have taken them down, we were just contingent. Now we're up shit creek trying to wipe our asses against who knows what. I don't like it. Holger should have turned it down."

"Shut that shit. You've been with EA for what, six months? You don't call the C.O. Holger. It's Mr. Devries, or Boss, and he decides on the jobs. We follow his orders. If you don't like it, go back to AKE or MPR, or wherever the fuck you came from. Executive Actions takes the jobs that other firms turn down. Period. That's what you signed up for, so shut your pie hole and do your fucking job."

The gunner, so close that King can see the goosebumps on the back of his neck, chimes in.

"Both of you shut up. I think..."

After a long pause, King has heard enough, and his energy is focused into his fists. From the shoulder, as he was taught, he strikes the gunner from behind.

[Martial Arts strike- 1,2,3,4,5,7,7,8,10 +5 automatic levels(MStr1) = 9 lethal levels of damage]

The gunner's head explodes on impact, spraying blood and bone on his two compatriots. For a split second, they are stunned, then begin firing wildly in King's direction.

[blind Fighting Penalties apply +2 Difficulty.

Soldier1- (Multiple Action) 5,8,9,9 : 1,7,8 : 6,7

Soldier2- (Multiple Action) 1,1,4,7 : 6,8,9 : 8,9

This is a total of one hit, for one lethal level of damage, easily soaked by the FF]

The first shot from the AK-47 hits Jay in the shoulder, startling him silly, but bouncing harmlessly off of his field of energy. The rest of the bullets whiz by him, close but as they say at the carnival: no cigar. In the middle distance, King can see the two rangers coming back at double time. They are about 50 yards away.

Jay suppress a wince as the bullet bounces off. Lucky son of a bitch! "Play time's over boys!" he says as he springs into action, striking the two soliders in a blur of speed and force in an attempt to take them out before the reniforcments arrive.

(spend a point of quantum to use quickness enchancement, roll mega dice for strikes)

Jay suppress a wince as the bullet bounces off. Lucky son of a bitch! "Play time's over boys!" he says as he springs into action, striking the two soliders in a blur of speed and force in an attempt to take them out before the reniforcments arrive.

(spend a point of quantum to use quickness enchancement, roll mega dice for strikes)

[Ok, I have been taking it for granted that your initiative is higher than theirs, and I will continue to do that, MDex against baselines. Quickness gets you two actions,

Martial Arts strike1- 1,2,4,4,6,7,7,8,10 MDie 1 +5 auto levels (MStr1)= 8 levels bashing, 1 levels lethal damage

MA strike2- 1,1,2,5,5,7,7,8,10 MDie 9 +5 auto levels (MStr1)= 8 levels bashing, 3 levels lethal damage]

King bats aside the AK-47 of the first mercenary, and delivers a ki-strike to his sternum. The soldier of fortune flies backwards ten feet, slamming against the sandbag wall and falling forward unconscious. The second merc swings his rifle to bear on the revealed threat, but King swivels quickly and strikes the man in the jaw, breaking the mandible. He falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes, insensate. Two seconds have passed. The approaching rangers are still thirty five yards out.

[Ok, I have been taking it for granted that your initiative is higher than theirs, and I will continue to do that, MDex against baselines. Quickness gets you two actions,

Martial Arts strike1- 1,2,4,4,6,7,7,8,10 MDie 1 +5 auto levels (MStr1)= 8 levels bashing, 1 levels lethal damage

MA strike2- 1,1,2,5,5,7,7,8,10 MDie 9 +5 auto levels (MStr1)= 8 levels bashing, 3 levels lethal damage]

King bats aside the AK-47 of the first mercenary, and delivers a ki-strike to his sternum. The soldier of fortune flies backwards ten feet, slamming against the sandbag wall and falling forward unconscious. The second merc swings his rifle to bear on the revealed threat, but King swivels quickly and strikes the man in the jaw, breaking the mandible. He falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes, insensate. Two seconds have passed. The approaching rangers are still thirty five yards out.

A small grunt of satisfaction escapes his lips as he takes another second to look over his handiwork. He then moves to the .50 cal to draw a bead on the two remaining soliders.

(Spend a point of quantum to use accuracy attacking both soldiers)

12 qp spent total

14 remaining

A small grunt of satisfaction escapes his lips as he takes another second to look over his handiwork. He then moves to the .50 cal to draw a bead on the two remaining soliders.

(Spend a point of quantum to use accuracy attacking both soldiers)

12 qp spent total

14 remaining

[For the sake of saving time, we will assume that you are burning the MegaDie to lower the target number. Your initiative is high enough that you will go twice before they go.

Attack Soldier1- 1,1,2,5,7,8,9,10 .50 Cal Rifle gives +2accuracy (dice) - 5,7, so 8d10L + 5levels for successes- 1,1,1,5,5,7,7,8= 8L

Attack Soldier2- 1,2,2,4,5,5,8,10 +2acc - 3,10, so 8d10L + 3levels for successes- 2,2,2,4,8,8,8,10= 7L]

Jay grasps the .50 cal like a long-time lover. He sights in on the mercenary to the right. BLA-DAM! He doesn't even wait to see the man fall before swinging the rifle over to the other approaching mercenary. BLA-DAM! The soldier jerks backwards, his feet flying up above his head. Jay hears the chink of the cartrige hitting another one on the ground. He sees the one on the left spasm, his feet jerking. Six seconds. Two for sure dead, one may as well be, the other two disabled, in six seconds.

He can't help it, a slow smile spreads across his face. He is truly a bad M.F.

In the near distance, an explosion brings Jay back to the situation at hand. 'Buzzkill' isn't quite as fast as King, it seems.

[For the sake of saving time, we will assume that you are burning the MegaDie to lower the target number. Your initiative is high enough that you will go twice before they go.

Attack Soldier1- 1,1,2,5,7,8,9,10 .50 Cal Rifle gives +2accuracy (dice) - 5,7, so 8d10L + 5levels for successes- 1,1,1,5,5,7,7,8= 8L

Attack Soldier2- 1,2,2,4,5,5,8,10 +2acc - 3,10, so 8d10L + 3levels for successes- 2,2,2,4,8,8,8,10= 7L]

Jay grasps the .50 cal like a long-time lover. He sights in on the mercenary to the right. BLA-DAM! He doesn't even wait to see the man fall before swinging the rifle over to the other approaching mercenary. BLA-DAM! The soldier jerks backwards, his feet flying up above his head. Jay hears the chink of the cartrige hitting another one on the ground. He sees the one on the left spasm, his feet jerking. Six seconds. Two for sure dead, one may as well be, the other two disabled, in six seconds.

He can't help it, a slow smile spreads across his face. He is truly a bad M.F.

In the near distance, an explosion brings Jay back to the situation at hand. 'Buzzkill' isn't quite as fast as King, it seems.

He was truly amazed at himself. The thrill of combat had always excited him, but this, this was living!

King looks around the area for a moment before he let's his cloak "turn off". Guess Buzzkill finally finished up. Let me do a quick check here and I'll join up with him.he thinks as he checks the status of .50 cal before effortlessly picking it up.

"Now let's see if you guys can tell me who you are?" he says out loud. He stoops down to check the men in the bunker for any id, or anything that might indicate what their purpose was here, making sure to keep and ear out any approaching noises.

(Turning off the Invisibility and Force Field. Sorry about the mega die, I don't know why I keep forgetting about it)

He was truly amazed at himself. The thrill of combat had always excited him, but this, this was living!

King looks around the area for a moment before he let's his cloak "turn off". Guess Buzzkill finally finished up. Let me do a quick check here and I'll join up with him.he thinks as he checks the status of .50 cal before effortlessly picking it up.

"Now let's see if you guys can tell me who you are?" he says out loud. He stoops down to check the men in the bunker for any id, or anything that might indicate what their purpose was here, making sure to keep and ear out any approaching noises.

(Turning off the Invisibility and Force Field. Sorry about the mega die, I don't know why I keep forgetting about it)

Searching all five bodies, Jay turns up nothing. No dogtags, no id's, not even a girlfriend picture from home. He was finishing his search of the final body, when he heard a loud buzzing approaching.

He looked up quickly, to see Lieutenant 'Buzzkill' Magruder flying quickly towards him. Magruder raises a hand in a salute. There is a brilliant flash of light...

And Magruder is gone. As far as King can tell there wasn't an explosion. There was no sound, for one thing, just the flash. Also, there was a whisper that he almost heard. It sounded like:

"Pestilence"

Searching all five bodies, Jay turns up nothing. No dogtags, no id's, not even a girlfriend picture from home. He was finishing his search of the final body, when he heard a loud buzzing approaching.

He looked up quickly, to see Lieutenant 'Buzzkill' Magruder flying quickly towards him. Magruder raises a hand in a salute. There is a brilliant flash of light...

And Magruder is gone. As far as King can tell there wasn't an explosion. There was no sound, for one thing, just the flash. Also, there was a whisper that he almost heard. It sounded like:

"Pestilence"

"What the? Buzzkill, you there? Christ, this day just keeps getting better by the minute and I'm hearing things to." Now I'm stranded, just great.

King pulls out out his cell and surprisingly has a signal. One thing going right for a change. He dial's in Fang's number and waits as it starts ringing.

"What the? Buzzkill, you there? Christ, this day just keeps getting better by the minute and I'm hearing things to." Now I'm stranded, just great.

King pulls out out his cell and surprisingly has a signal. One thing going right for a change. He dial's in Fang's number and waits as it starts ringing.

(OOC This will connect with the "Fiat Lux" thread. Fang's responses will be there)

"Fang, hello there! How are things going?"

"Really? (sounding impressed) Wow, seems like I'm not the only one that had some trouble then."

"Yeah I'm okay, considering that my plane was shot down, and I was shot I'd say it's bit of trouble alright."

"Well after heading off back to Berlin, I got told I was to head back to the US for a special assignment. Along the way I ran into a fellow New Person that was going to go with me. Nice guy to."

"Not all he's a military guy like me, so were flying and out of nowhere the plane get's hit, I tried to close the hole with my powers but it only work for a second and the next thing I know I'm free falling!"

"Yeah normally that would have been fun for me, but not at that moment. So the other New Guy though he could fly, got wings that look like a wasp by the way, grabs me and saves me from hitting the ground, only to encounter some soldiers shooting at us."

"Yes I'm so glad that I got a shield power or else I would have been toast."

"So we take out the soldiers and them bam, the other New Person his name by the way was Buzzkill, just freakin' disapeared right in front of me! And I could've sworn I heard someone say the word Pestlince."

"There was a flash of light and poof he was gone!"

"Fang....Fang....did I lose you?

"Klaus? Who's that? (sounding concerced)

A light? Did you hear anything?"

"Whoa, that can't be good. Are the other's their with you? I may need their help getting over to you."

"Okay good, I need to see if you can arrange some transportation for me, I'm well I don't quite know where I am, but I think these two matters might be related."

"I'm not sure, it's one of the phones that Aeon gave me so it might. If not maybe there is someone who can trace our call?"

"Okay hold on a sec.....Okay I got it."

"Sure thing I'll SMS them right now, should take a minute or two for you to get them."

"Thanks Fang, I'll be here waiting for your call."

(OOC This will connect with the "Fiat Lux" thread. Fang's responses will be there)

"Fang, hello there! How are things going?"

"Really? (sounding impressed) Wow, seems like I'm not the only one that had some trouble then."

"Yeah I'm okay, considering that my plane was shot down, and I was shot I'd say it's bit of trouble alright."

"Well after heading off back to Berlin, I got told I was to head back to the US for a special assignment. Along the way I ran into a fellow New Person that was going to go with me. Nice guy to."

"Not all he's a military guy like me, so were flying and out of nowhere the plane get's hit, I tried to close the hole with my powers but it only work for a second and the next thing I know I'm free falling!"

"Yeah normally that would have been fun for me, but not at that moment. So the other New Guy though he could fly, got wings that look like a wasp by the way, grabs me and saves me from hitting the ground, only to encounter some soldiers shooting at us."

"Yes I'm so glad that I got a shield power or else I would have been toast."

"So we take out the soldiers and them bam, the other New Person his name by the way was Buzzkill, just freakin' disapeared right in front of me! And I could've sworn I heard someone say the word Pestlince."

"There was a flash of light and poof he was gone!"

"Fang....Fang....did I lose you?

"Klaus? Who's that? (sounding concerced)

A light? Did you hear anything?"

"Whoa, that can't be good. Are the other's their with you? I may need their help getting over to you."

"Okay good, I need to see if you can arrange some transportation for me, I'm well I don't quite know where I am, but I think these two matters might be related."

"I'm not sure, it's one of the phones that Aeon gave me so it might. If not maybe there is someone who can trace our call?"

"Okay hold on a sec.....Okay I got it."

"Sure thing I'll SMS them right now, should take a minute or two for you to get them."

"Thanks Fang, I'll be here waiting for your call."

Michael heads north east, trying as best he can to identify landmarks from the air. After about an hour of travel over increasingly green rural land, Michael spots the small fire-point and begins to descend, his wings folding neatly against his back. Rapidly descending the hundreds of feet, he realizes, almost to late, that his angle of descent is way to steep.

With a undignified squawk, Michael ploughs hard into the earth, kicking up a plume of debris. As it clears, he can be seen from the knees up in his newly dug trench, encased in what appears to be silver skin. Stepping out of the depression, shaking his head ruefully, he takes a few steps towards the machinegun nest.

"Sorry about that Jay... Fang said you needed a pickup, tout de suite?"

The metal 'skin' ripples and flows like a liquid on his body, fading quickly.

Michael heads north east, trying as best he can to identify landmarks from the air. After about an hour of travel over increasingly green rural land, Michael spots the small fire-point and begins to descend, his wings folding neatly against his back. Rapidly descending the hundreds of feet, he realizes, almost to late, that his angle of descent is way to steep.

With a undignified squawk, Michael ploughs hard into the earth, kicking up a plume of debris. As it clears, he can be seen from the knees up in his newly dug trench, encased in what appears to be silver skin. Stepping out of the depression, shaking his head ruefully, he takes a few steps towards the machinegun nest.

"Sorry about that Jay... Fang said you needed a pickup, tout de suite?"

The metal 'skin' ripples and flows like a liquid on his body, fading quickly.

Now see why couldn't I have gotten that as a power Jay muses to himself. "Michael good to see you! Sorry that it has to been under these kind of circumstances. Let's head on back to Aeon and I can brief everyone there on what happen."

King stands by as Michael manifests his wings and picks him up, and off they go into the sky. "Don't worry about going slow, I can take it."

Now see why couldn't I have gotten that as a power Jay muses to himself. "Michael good to see you! Sorry that it has to been under these kind of circumstances. Let's head on back to Aeon and I can brief everyone there on what happen."

King stands by as Michael manifests his wings and picks him up, and off they go into the sky. "Don't worry about going slow, I can take it."

Archived