Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

Glean got it all for the most part, never knew he paid that much attention. ^_^

Some additions follow:

Impulse is known for being able to affect MASSES and drive them to mob level violence and panic.

Glimmer is very fast, akin to Glean on some levels.

Refuge is superman with some tactical training as far as his powerset. A Q6 nova back then.

Genine was also THE worlds foremost telepath, and was once a member of T2M, reserve. another Q6 nova.

Virago also never misses with her gun, but its not a q-bolt. Just a normal weapon.

Lucinda was also a Q6 nova back in the day.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he might not be in the habot of checking often. Things have only recently started to pick up and I can admit that it took me until now to get all fired up again.

Perhpas a simple PM letting him know things are moving quickly again...

Quote:
does not seem to be a way to communicate with Smite right now... to him, he is in the city and cannot see/hear the audience.

Just awaiting Smite B4 I get the next step in the Narrative going... anyone seen him on lately?

Work = Insanity.

Oh. And just as a note, the weapons I was firing were just bullets as well.

And Smite does not have the mental block that requires a weapon as a focus. He has simply cultivated the believe that he does. In the past, he has fired beams of energy from his hands directly and I believe once from his eyes. This is an edge of his he likes to conceal.

Oh, forgot to address them. Tonya and Reaa are standing some 5-10 yards away. I will post their actions.

In regard to getting off the timeline, well, you all have to jump to another reality and join Crumble where he is from or you need to cause enough temporal flux in this one to make the line eject you or most likely cause a split. A split is the most likely event and time-lines dont simply end for the most part but will cause a split. However, here in StarHaven with all the temporal and spatial energies, if a line is going to end it will certainly be easier to do such.

I know this might be vague. Perhaps someone does not like reality but thinks that by doing something in the future it will change their past, this would cause them to do something like this. The future self might cease to exist but the past self is then in life "happily-ever-after."

Quote:
Joe will include Tonya and Reaa if he gets the chance.

Hmm... could Joe/Doc delibrately cause a split? Perhaps by opposing the end of the line? My intuition says normally not since that sounds more like a Masteryx2 thing, but on a forcepoint like this perhaps.

As a story or plot device, perhaps, but only at a permanent cost to someone. Then again, the momentum bringing you all to the end might be halted. IN other words, stop doing whatever is bringing it to an end. StarHaven being destroyed seems to be a good option of ending thing particular line.

It would not be. And what I meant, is that it appears Lucinda is in the process of destroying Starhaven and it might be that simple fact that is destroying the line but she does not care since it will undo the past, at lest as far as she is concerned. Stopping her will preserve the line, from your POV.

SH has been made too important; temporally anchored, home to many high-powered reality altering devices, too havily treasured by the 'in the know', etc...

I know narrator is waiting for me to post. I have had a lot of writing projects on my hands lately and didn't want to shortchange the gravity of the situations. Hopefully after dinner i can sit down and my thoughts will formulate into some good writing.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2358:date=Nov 29 2007, 12&#58;37 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Nov 29 2007, 12&#58;37 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then I'd like to add Smite to that list of people to Temporally Accelerate.
Is he in range of the TA? He is about 150 feet away...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->And Doc's range is how many kilometers?

Something that may help Rama is he may get hyper-time'ed before trying to do his stuff... Doc's init is pretty good as I remember.

Wow...

That would make for so many actions!!! Dervish indeed!

Well done Chronos..temporal mastery is pretty awesome! Sonce mastery doubles the usual effect and I am asuming you have 5 dots, that would be a max of 10 full-on extra actions for the round. So that would be 77 possible hits...

OMG!

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2359:date=Nov 30 2007, 02&#58;17 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Nov 30 2007, 02&#58;17 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=2358:date=Nov 29 2007, 12&#58;37 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Nov 29 2007, 12&#58;37 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then I'd like to add Smite to that list of people to Temporally Accelerate.
Is he in range of the TA? He is about 150 feet away...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->And Doc's range is how many kilometers?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Duh...I was under meds when I posted that.. :blink:
Quote:
Something that may help Rama is he may get hyper-time'ed before trying to do his stuff... Doc's init is pretty good as I remember.

After looking at it, Rama would just be flying out prior to Docs TA. Without prior communication it might be hard. Wait, Rama spoke before he went...
thus

Quote:
Wow...

That would make for so many actions!!! Dervish indeed!

Well done Chronos..temporal mastery is pretty awesome! Sonce mastery doubles the usual effect and I am asuming you have 5 dots, that would be a max of 10 full-on extra actions for the round. So that would be 77 possible hits...

OMG!

Consider Rama Hypertimed... :huh:

NOw , just awaiting Allison's post.

Quote:
Yes, it's a factor of 10 most likely for you, or 8x for Smite (Doc has fewer dots in Temporal Authority). Let's hope that's not 77 possible hits.

ST correct me if I'm wrong but I think with omni-dex you have to do the same action which each arm, which means one target. I.e. "I shoot at X" isn't the same as "I shoot at Y". You'd need to aim the gun at different targets, etc.

So you'd have to unload 7 attacks on one target, then 7 on another, etc. If they squish on the 2nd attack you'd lose the next 5... of course this is a good thing and well worth the lost actions. If they're tough enough to take 77 attacks then it's a really bad thing.

On a side note the level of acceration is so extreme it makes communication difficult between the hypertimed and the non-hypertimed. You're going to hear things get slow and deep as the cycles go down by a factor of 10. Similarly colors will shift redly and the light will dim somewhat as your senses speed up.

Non-hyper people will hear you as a "squeek" unless they have enough Mega-Wits and/or Perception.

Professor Potts clarified this one for me way back (When I made an omnidex XWF fighter with tendrils).

If you read the description of omnidex you can use each limb for the same action including making an attack with each limb against the same target. He pointed out that unless you view it as such then it becomes a worthless enhancment.

It came as a surprise to me as well btw. He had to point out exactly what I could do.

What you can't do, is fire a gun in one hand, strike with a second and pick your nose with a third. That requires splitting your dice pools in which case multitasking would stack as well.

It *is* possible however to say, strike with 2 limbs and then shoot a gun with another and pick your nose with a third. In this case the first two strikes would count for omni dex as your first action and the other two would count as separate actions..so one can mix and match but it splits your dice pools. The first two strikes would suffer a minus 3 each the shooting would be at -4 and the nose at -5, not accounting for multitasking of course.

Thats why I decided to keep it simple and just have him do all of the same action (again just basic strikes for simplicities sake, though I forgot to say that it includes the bonus for moving at hyperspeed (the power not just Chronos's acceleration).

So yep...That's 77 attacks...

Rama is like a quantum powered bomb being dropped..

Quote:
Professor Potts clarified this one for me way back (When I made an omnidex XWF fighter with tendrils).

If you read the description of omnidex you can use each limb for the same action including making an attack with each limb against the same target. He pointed out that unless you view it as such then it becomes a worthless enhancment.

It came as a surprise to me as well btw. He had to point out exactly what I could do.

What you can't do, is fire a gun in one hand, strike with a second and pick your nose with a third. That requires splitting your dice pools in which case multitasking would stack as well.

It *is* possible however to say, strike with 2 limbs and then shoot a gun with another and pick your nose with a third. In this case the first two strikes would count for omni dex as your first action and the other two would count as separate actions..so one can mix and match but it splits your dice pools. The first two strikes would suffer a minus 3 each the shooting would be at -4 and the nose at -5, not accounting for multitasking of course.

Thats why I decided to keep it simple and just have him do all of the same action (again just basic strikes for simplicities sake, though I forgot to say that it includes the bonus for moving at hyperspeed (the power not just Chronos's acceleration).

So yep...That's 77 attacks...

Rama is like a quantum powered bomb being dropped..

Crikey...sor5ry, all! Mega-busy week and I spaced it! Catching up now and will post momentarily!

Quote:
StarHaven
16:20 hours
Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->....

T<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->he station rocks ever so slightly with its impact and <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->the ceiling above is cracked and atmosphere is venting out<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->. Pieces of ceiling are beginning to fall as spectators react to the safeties of StarHaven being shunted. NO one has ever been able to break the alternate reality of the arena and effect the real world.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Quote:
(actions! Allison raises a Wall barrier force field at max power in a radius around everyone who hasn't already leapt to the attack. ....

I am also going to presume that Allison took note and raised a forcefield around the cracks and area to try and prevent debris from hitting anyone and possibly sealiing the hole.

Since Rama can selectively decided how to affect gravity I imagine he would also casue any fragments of falling cieling that come within his radius of effect to "fall" upwards.

Thanks for reminding me of that part of the scene.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2346:date=Nov 27 2007, 09&#58;24 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Nov 27 2007, 09&#58;24 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->StarHaven
16:20 hours
Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->....

T<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->he station rocks ever so slightly with its impact and <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->the ceiling above is cracked and atmosphere is venting out<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->. Pieces of ceiling are beginning to fall as spectators react to the safeties of StarHaven being shunted. NO one has ever been able to break the alternate reality of the arena and effect the real world.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Quote:
(actions! Allison raises a Wall barrier force field at max power in a radius around everyone who hasn't already leapt to the attack. ....

I am also going to presume that Allison took note and raised a forcefield around the cracks and area to try and prevent debris from hitting anyone and possibly sealiing the hole.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, I didn't want to post more than one round at a time. Her first priority was to shield us all. She was getting to the hole in the ceiling...but since it seemed like a small hole, and the room is very big, it seemed like that could wait for a moment...

If that wasn't the case (say, she became aware of a future where that hole got bigger and people started flying out), then she would do that, yes.

Quote:

Quote:
Well, I didn't want to post more than one round at a time. Her first priority was to shield us all. She was getting to the hole in the ceiling...but since it seemed like a small hole, and the room is very big, it seemed like that could wait for a moment...

If that wasn't the case (say, she became aware of a future where that hole got bigger and people started flying out), then she would do that, yes.

Allison, lets presume you were warned of some deths by it.

This particular combat, and I know we have not had many, has so much goin on that I might have forgot to add a little fluff content and left something out. We have many epic events going on all at once and you players are no small matter here. Mush is decided in how or what you all do.

So far, thanks to all of you. Great Posting.

Well that certainly didn't help Rama end the Stalemate. In any case I stated my intent awhile back so Im good until the next narrative update.

BTW Kara, our little side thread has been pretty awesome. it is helping me feel more a part of the game world and also bringing me up to speed on some of the campaign specific stuff i need to know about. Thanks! laugh

Quote:
One of Kara's compartmentalized minds gasps at the revelation that Cin has been imbued with an incarnate. The rest of her is continuing to heal the masses.
Mentally she tells Rama and Doc, "The information is correct. By the description of her tactics, she probably has townsaver. She will absorb all attacks until the battle is over. Then she will regenerate or die from the results of all the attacks. It looks like she and her team may be on a one way mission. My suggestion to you all is to take out the source that is causing the mass panic."

"Another thing, Cin is pretty resilient to mental attacks. I would highly suggest that you stay out of her head. Her file lists her mental defenses as extremely painful to deadly."

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2410:date=Dec 10 2007, 11&#58;45 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Dec 10 2007, 11&#58;45 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One of Kara's compartmentalized minds gasps at the revelation that Cin has been imbued with an incarnate. The rest of her is continuing to heal the masses.
Mentally she tells Rama and Doc, "The information is correct. By the description of her tactics, she probably has townsaver. She will absorb all attacks until the battle is over. Then she will regenerate or die from the results of all the attacks. It looks like she and her team may be on a one way mission. My suggestion to you all is to take out the source that is causing the mass panic."

"Another thing, Cin is pretty resilient to mental attacks. I would highly suggest that you stay out of her head. Her file lists her mental defenses as extremely painful to deadly."
Joe repeats everything Kara said out loud to Whisper and Allison. Then he adds the comment (again, mentally and physically)

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Odd using Townsaver to endanger innocents. We might be able to use that against her."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Towsaver. also know as Fury Incarnate
::some known function of INcarnate::
<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->bonus:
Used primarily for defense of the helpless or outnumbered. When used in this way, wielder simply cannot be killed during battle but still receives all wounds. He will function normally for the duration of the battle. Wielder also gets extremely amplified normal movement and delivers intensified basic damage in conjunction with defensive maneuvars.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Negative:
After battle is over all wounds are felt by wielder and if not healed within Stamina number of turns, wielder will suffer the results of the wounds and likely will fall dead.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Negative:
After battle is over all wounds are felt by wielder and if not healed within Stamina number of turns, wielder will suffer the results of the wounds and likely will fall dead.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Hmm.... *IF* she were mortally wounded and *IF* the battle were over and *IF* Doc's powers were functioning then he could use Duration Reduction to both prevent her from healing and perhaps make "Stamina number of turns" equal "now".

However I doubt Doc can effect her massive movement and action bonus until then. That looks like a perm effect inside combat, and he can't affect perm effects.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2416:date=Dec 10 2007, 09&#58;34 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Dec 10 2007, 09&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just didn't want to see Rama or any of the team get hurt.

And sorry for taking Rama to Hell after he took Kara to Heaven.

Hey...makes for an awesome story! Besides, she can make it up to him later... :rolleyes:wink

Make up what? Kara just revealed her fortress of solitude to Rama.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2418:date=Dec 11 2007, 06&#58;31 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Dec 11 2007, 06&#58;31 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Negative:
Hmm.... *IF* she were mortally wounded and *IF* the battle were over and *IF* Doc's powers were functioning then he could use Duration Reduction to both prevent her from healing and perhaps make "Stamina number of turns" equal "now".

However I doubt Doc can effect her massive movement and action bonus until then. That looks like a perm effect inside combat, and he can't affect perm effects.

Whatever you do, stay out of Cin's cross hairs. Kara would hate to have to regenerate Doc/Joe from pulp.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Make up what? Kara just revealed her fortress of solitude to Rama.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well you were apologizing for taking him to Hell, after Heaven. She can show him her version of Heaven anytime...not that I don't appreciate the romantic ambience of Void's Guard... :P

Archived