Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
{{so, undorm, activate warp}}

This question is likely needed answered by SMite as he is the tactical behind this one: Where are you setting up to enter into?
  • POpulated place</li>
  • hidden location</li>
  • some miles away</li>
  • etc..</li>
Just thought I'd ask here instead of polluting the IC thread...

Quote:
Here's a wonky rules question for you:

If Rama opens his Warp within Q-Leech area range, and blasts him, will the area expand back through the Warp to cover us on the other side?

Just to review, if the warp is IN THE AREA EFFECT of the Q-leech and Rama activates it, the effects of the power WILL INDEED go through the warp up to its remaining area.

Your answer is yes.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=999:date=Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;43 AM:name=Jedi Richard Thorne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Richard Thorne &#064; Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;43 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

If Rama opens his Warp within Q-Leech area range, and blasts him, will the area expand back through the Warp to cover us on the other side?

Just to review, if the warp is IN THE AREA EFFECT of the Q-leech and Rama activates it, the effects of the power WILL INDEED go through the warp up to its remaining area.

Your answer is yes.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So just on case anyone needed clarification, activating the warp isn't "linked" to the Q-leech. Narrator: Wouldn't the q-leech merely drain the quantum from the warp and shut it down? IN the description of warp it says "environmental conditions on either side of the warp don't equalize." In other words, you can't open a warp to the bottom of the sea or the center of the sun and have water/pressure/nuclear fire spill through (all the munchkins wen't "DAMN!") So how would the leech extend through? If thats your ruling thats fine, just asking for clarification...

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1000:date=Sep 22 2006, 08&#58;07 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Sep 22 2006, 08&#58;07 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=999:date=Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;43 AM:name=Jedi Richard Thorne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Richard Thorne &#064; Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;43 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Your answer is yes.

So just on case anyone needed clarification, activating the warp isn't "linked" to the Q-leech. Narrator: Wouldn't the q-leech merely drain the quantum from the warp and shut it down? IN the description of warp it says "environmental conditions on either side of the warp don't equalize." In other words, you can't open a warp to the bottom of the sea or the center of the sun and have water/pressure/nuclear fire spill through (all the munchkins wen't "DAMN!") So how would the leech extend through? If thats your ruling thats fine, just asking for clarification...

Here ya go...

Quote:
Q-Leech isn't a "environment" condition. Ditto any bullets or q-bolts flying back and forth. Air Pressure (or water pressure or whatever) won't push something through, but anything trying to go through can.

Couldn't have been said better...

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1003:date=Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;54 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 22 2006, 07&#58;54 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q-Leech isn't a "environment" condition. Ditto any bullets or q-bolts flying back and forth. Air Pressure (or water pressure or whatever) won't push something through, but anything trying to go through can.

Couldn't have been said better...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> If it was an environmental condition, I wouldn't have asked. style_emoticons I did ask because he's not supposed to let his own powers affect him, and I wasn't sure if that would mean that his own attack would stop at the gate.

Too bad about the sun though ... style_emoticons problem would be over before it began! style_emoticons

Please include headers again in all your posts....

ie

Planet Paril

Team Compound, City of Pranth

Arcology 12-9

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Participants: Smite, Kara, Chronos, Allison(?), Whisper, Rama, Richard

of course only copy the one from my most recent post as I will update time and such...make sure location is correct..

Quote:
Too bad about the sun though ... style_emoticons problem would be over before it began! style_emoticons
Good god no. My back of the hand calculations say...

A gate between the Earth and the Sun destroys the Earth or at least all life on it.

1) Depending on pressure difference, so much matter comes through we can't breath.
2) The atomic reaction we now share with the sun cracks the planet.
3) Supposedly it's possible to make the air fuse if you put enough power into an atomic reaction, i.e. all the world's air burns.

However, no one needs to worry about any of those effects since...

4) Everything on the planet drops dead of radiation the moment the gate opens.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1010:date=Sep 23 2006, 11&#58;14 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 23 2006, 11&#58;14 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->However, no one needs to worry about any of those effects since...

Like I said - problem solved! style_emoticons

For Whisper's telepathic crowd-scanning, does it come with a visual effect? Because otherwise, Richard isn't going to notice a thing.

Aside from Whisper more or less announcing that she's doing something, then looking all glassy-eyed and distant, there's no visual effect. style_emoticons

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1020:date=Sep 25 2006, 02&#58;18 AM:name=Jedi Richard Thorne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Richard Thorne &#064; Sep 25 2006, 02&#58;18 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=1010:date=Sep 23 2006, 11&#58;14 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 23 2006, 11&#58;14 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->However, no one needs to worry about any of those effects since...

Like I said - problem solved! style_emoticons

For Whisper's telepathic crowd-scanning, does it come with a visual effect? Because otherwise, Richard isn't going to notice a thing.

Aside from Whisper more or less announcing that she's doing something, then looking all glassy-eyed and distant, there's no visual effect. style_emoticons

Can you say S-U-R-R-E-P-T-I-T-I-O-U-S ???

Brain: "Pinky, what is surreptitious?"
Pinky: "Gee, I donno Brain."
Brain: "Exactly."

Hypertime is Crumble's Temporal Acceleration, but on steroids.

10x (normally). Without lots of practice you can't talk to people in normal time but you might be able to understand them... maybe. All kinds of issues can pop up with this, for example if you are in an enclosed space you need to be careful not to use up all the air.

This is one of Doc's best tricks...

Quote:
Hypertime is Crumble's Temporal Acceleration, but on steroids.

10x (normally). Without lots of practice you can't talk to people in normal time but you might be able to understand them... maybe. All kinds of issues can pop up with this, for example if you are in an enclosed space you need to be careful not to use up all the air.

This is one of Doc's best tricks...

Just curious, is it 10x from L1 Mastery? And what effect does it have on us? Will we be able to keep up with the speedster? Do we get more actions?

Quote:
Just curious, is it 10x from L1 Mastery? And what effect does it have on us? Will we be able to keep up with the speedster? Do we get more actions?
Mostly you get more actions, and yes, it is from a Mastered power. Think of it as 9 levels of Quick, but with some side effects.

In theory the book doesn't say anything about those side effects I noted, but if you were really experiencing time at 1/10th the normal rate, then those are the sorts of things that would happen. Wavelengths of Light and Sound would change from your perspective. You'd use air 10x faster AND the air would circulate 1/10th as fast so stale air could be an issue, etc.

As for keeping up with the Speedster... maybe. It isn't like you just got hypermovement, but 10 actions puts most things in reach at short ranges.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1039:date=Sep 26 2006, 05&#58;44 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Sep 26 2006, 05&#58;44 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just curious, is it 10x from L1 Mastery? And what effect does it have on us? Will we be able to keep up with the speedster? Do we get more actions?
Mostly you get more actions, and yes, it is from a Mastered power. Think of it as 9 levels of Quick, but with some side effects.

In theory the book doesn't say anything about those side effects I noted, but if you were really experiencing time at 1/10th the normal rate, then those are the sorts of things that would happen. Wavelengths of Light and Sound would change from your perspective. You'd use air 10x faster AND the air would circulate 1/10th as fast so stale air could be an issue, etc.

As for keeping up with the Speedster... maybe. It isn't like you just got hypermovement, but 10 actions puts most things in reach at short ranges.
Rama has hyperflight and thats what adaptability is for! (IMHO one of the single most useful enhancements).

Good on you...and jeez...everyones at Q 6 mastery already... style_emoticons

Quote:
Good on you...and jeez...everyones at Q 6 mastery already... style_emoticons
Doc's been doing this a long time... longer than people realize when subjective time is considered, and his bio does hint rather broadly that he has hidden depths.

As for "everyone", not so although I'll let you find out for yourself.

Quote:
Crumble looks around and says (to everyone)

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Hold up. These multiple patterns we're sensing are probably clones. That's probably not the real nova."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper was using direct telepathy and not relying on quantum signature.....her herring is not being scrambled.....lets see.... style_emoticons

Quote:
Rama says,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"... I just did a second scan of the area and that is definitly *not* a Nova. In fact, I can sense no quantum signitures besides ours anywhere on this entire level..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Watch out for the definitive and absolutes... But perhaps Rama is a bit overconfident and reasoning that if "I dont sense it, it does not exist." That is a more resonable conclusion. style_emoticons

IN short you have this:
  • Rama and Crumble are sensing multiple locations of nodes.</li>
  • Rama is not able to discern any patterns on this level</li>
  • Whisper has scanned minds telepathically and gathered the target nova from surface thoughts. She has zeroed in on the target through a nearby 'witness' she borrowed senses from.</li>
  • You are all now hearing mutlipe observations on the same story.</li>
Let the reader use discernment...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"... I just did a second scan of the area and that is definitly *not* a Nova. In fact, I can sense no quantum signitures besides ours anywhere on this entire level..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Watch out for the definitive and absolutes... But perhaps Rama is a bit overconfident and reasoning that if "I dont sense it, it does not exist." That is a more resonable conclusion. style_emoticons<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama is overconfident.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[*]Rama and Crumble are sensing multiple locations of nodes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

not even sensing multiple nodes, but some kind of diluted reading...quantum ghosts. Though perhaps they are just to throw anyone looking off the track of the weapons deal...

Quote:
It occurs to me that we are over thinking this.

The simple way to deal with this would be for Doc to walk over and try to convince them to join us.

would you really want to invite someone in who we know is planning theft and cold blooded murder???

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1063:date=Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;12 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;12 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

The simple way to deal with this would be for Doc to walk over and try to convince them to join us.

would you really want to invite someone in who we know is planning theft and cold blooded murder???
Planning Theft? well that could be assumed....the resistance came when Smites own Thugs ran into them. Now Smites Thuigs are not necessarily career criminals like they once were, they are now more like mercenaries trying to sanitize the world from the really filthy elements of the underworld. Or perhaps even better, Smites men are like firefighters against crime, they occasionally cause fires to prevent bigger blazes from breaking out.
Smite is really doing great work with his men in cleaning them up and giving them a purpose so they are not "cold blooded" killers any longer.

Perhaps consider this....
Smites men are raiding a drug house and run into another team doing the same thing. The other team (the speedster and teleporter) think SMites men are just some more thugs and thieves and presume to beating them silly. Maybe these other nova's are good guys as well, albeit with a twisted sense of justice. style_emoticons

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1066:date=Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;39 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;39 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=1063:date=Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;12 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 28 2006, 01&#58;12 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Planning Theft? well that could be assumed....the resistance came when Smites own Thugs ran into them. Now Smites Thuigs are not necessarily career criminals like they once were, they are now more like mercenaries trying to sanitize the world from the really filthy elements of the underworld. Or perhaps even better, Smites men are like firefighters against crime, they occasionally cause fires to prevent bigger blazes from breaking out.
Smite is really doing great work with his men in cleaning them up and giving them a purpose so they are not "cold blooded" killers any longer.

Perhaps consider this....
Smites men are raiding a drug house and run into another team doing the same thing. The other team (the speedster and teleporter) think SMites men are just some more thugs and thieves and presume to beating them silly. Maybe these other nova's are good guys as well, albeit with a twisted sense of justice. style_emoticons

good to consider, though I present to you exhibit B:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whisper opens her eyes. "About half a mile away, thirty levels down. Making plans to buy something called 'hyperwave weapons,' then kill the seller and get lucky.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So she said he intended to "buy" the weapons then kill the dealer. So maybe he will leave the money with the corpse and its not technically theft but its at least murder 1. Could be a vigilante keeping weapons off the street but still...

Quote:
good to consider, though I present to you exhibit B:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whisper opens her eyes. "About half a mile away, thirty levels down. Making plans to buy something called 'hyperwave weapons,' then kill the seller and get lucky.

So she said he intended to "buy" the weapons then kill the dealer. So maybe he will leave the money with the corpse and its not technically theft but its at least murder 1. Could be a vigilante keeping weapons off the street but still...
Maybe he is a Vigilante and killing the illegal weapons dealer is his way of Justice.... style_emoticons Which brings my next thoguht to Answer Chronos: What are Hyperweapons?

Hyperweapons are a projectile weapon of sorts and by definition are Heavy Ban breakers. On this planet, the Hyperweapons are rifle size or bigger. They operate in a very sophisticated manner and are presently weapons injected into this society via unknown means; they are developments beyond the reach of this planets Tech level by a few hundred years.
A solid slug, perhaps no bigger than a .20 caliber, is simultaneously shot out and entered into hyperspace. There it accelerates to superlight speeds (many times the speed of light) and it then re-enters normal space and hurdles to its target. The slug itself has a tiny forcefield that lasts only a few milli-seconds.
The damage it does is tremendous and logic says it will annihilate whatever it hits. A small force field is emitted around the barrel of the rifle as it fires thus protecting it from the hyper-spatial effects.
Ba?laans ban is against this weapon as are most laws of most planets; firing the weapon in an atmosphere causes much heat, so much so that it measurably damages the atmosphere in as little as 3 firings.

There is nothing about that weapon I like. Who in their right mind designs a hand weapon that fires beyond relativistic speeds, especially given its effect on its enviroment. Its like designing a nuclear hand grenade. While a devestating weapon, completely impracticle.

That aside, we need to keep these weapons from getting into circulation, and we need to deal with the seller. The buyer we can play by ear. But even if he isn't a nova, these weapons should not be used (I like my atmo)

As for the planned theft and murder....You are obviously new here.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As for the planned theft and murder....You are obviously new here.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As a matter of fact I am! However...yes I know Smite is a brutal assasin type. Rama is more of the paragon superhero type. This should get interesting...

Quote:
Smite is walking straight up to him, Rama is staying nearby to Gravity him if he starts to get out of hand, and I'm assuming that Richard and Crumble will be coming in from opposite flanks? Richard hasn't seen any demonstration of combat abilities from Whisper, so he wouldn't expect her to join in a fight.

Whisper will stay back a bit...staying where she can see the action, but not close enough to get caught in the blasts should it come to that. She maintains level 1 contact with the subject's mind, ready to go deeper should he show any sign of hostility. She also maintains a communication contact with the team, in case they need warnings.

Should a fight break out, she'll be using mental projections to confuse and bedevil him.

Archived