Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

RE: In or Out of Character

I don't want to hold anyone else up, or distract from other threads (implying out)... but with so many people on vacation or whatever we might want to do it in. Start a new thread?

Basically Doc is trying to figure out if there were outside elements involved in her death, and get as much tactical info as possible.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
no. this is a side plot that doc was involved in....nomikos is still the goal....hopefulyl allison will input soon ore one will step up to lead the nomikos plan...

Hey, don't look at me. Only my character is all-knowing. smile

I was gonna wait for Doc to pick his team and leave. After that we'll need a list of who's left and an idea of what they can do. In other words, a list of assets.

Then we'll just have to decide what actions the plan needs, and who's best suited to perform them.

Ok I posted sometihng for doc to reply to as to whether or not he goes and sees reaa and tonya. Allison and Rama, or simply Rama with the guidance and consulting of Allison can get onto the computers in the apartment.

It eont take but a few mintes for Rama to acclimate to the system and make it move faster that Allison might. And she would be able to see what are dead ends or not and shich ones are gonna cause trouble when he starts to hack or go places he should not.

Quote:
I was gonna wait for Doc to pick his team and leave.
If you mean to temporally edit Lily back into existence, then I thought I'd wait till after we're done here. Doc has a window of several months to operate so there doesn't seem to be a point in not taking everyone who wants to go....

Although realistically I think we're going to need Smite on this one. Oh, and Eve can't come. At least two of the orbs were there, and as she has the orbs and they can't be at two places at once, I've got no clue what would happen but it sounds bad.

Re: Hacking

What kind of penalties are we talking about?

May I remind you that Rama already has a cybernetic interface installed from Jack in the Greens technology.

Depending on what penalties we are talking about Rama can use his mega-Dice to cancel them out. With Allison's help he would still have a sizable dice pool. The extra speed could come in handy.

Right now option 2 seems the best compromise with enhanced speed and only minor penalties. Still it makes me wonder about the possibilities of system deckers being much faster, skilled and used to the system.

When Allison and Ache show him the system he will get the hang of it by writing a few programs. These will be automated or SI Bots that will hopefully give him an additional edge...warning programs, protection programs and stealth programs. Ideally from a mechanics standpoint this would give him an extended action bonus.

How does all that sound?

On a simple out of character level, I wouldn't mind trying the Raeke:

-Get a chance to connect with the other nova, and possible more of them (who I would be able to identify)

-Focus peoples attention away from the run itself.

-Splits any tail on the party, and if things go bad we can attempt an extraction.

However does it seem reasonable compared to the need to provide security and extraction immediately?

I'm honest not sure. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Re: Hacking
May I remind you that Rama already has a cybernetic interface installed from Jack in the Greens technology.

Thanks for the reminder. Its not a perfect match, a wee bit of mods to the interface on the fly and you're in. Asche's systems have been modified as well so as to make it relatively "easy" for one to interface with provided the right gear. Which you have. This route provides the least penalties which I wont get into as their absurd, but with Allison and mega intell you still have a snowballs chance. :P

Quote:
On a simple out of character level, I wouldn't mind trying the Raeke:
-Get a chance to connect with the other nova, and possible more of them (who I would be able to identify)
-Focus peoples attention away from the run itself.
-Splits any tail on the party, and if things go bad we can attempt an extraction.

However does it seem reasonable compared to the need to provide security and extraction immediately?

I'm honest not sure. What do you guys think?

The only down side right now, as was mentioned by Doc, it exposes you as to what you are. You're also right in that it ties you up while there might be something your needed for.
On the other hand, it could be such a distraction, havina nova fight a nova, that it provides some needed cover.

So I just worked through the weekend (a rarity as I usually have Sunday off.) I am now off to the Hot Springs...I have been promising myself a vacation there for a year now and I am finally going! Yay! Will be back to post mid-week.

I am going to go ahead and arrange the distraction. I think its fair to assume that we will be making the most of it.

Frankly if the rest of them go to the other, I'd think that they could handle just about anything they'd come across and fair few things for which I would tip the balance. However there is a chance that someone saw my last fight and given the way my profile's been razing combined with my new "abberation" discrete watch is not going to be my strong suit.

So I play the fool, and provide the distraction

And on a purely out of character note it might provide some momentum.

Quote:
I am going to go ahead and arrange the distraction. I think its fair to assume that we will be making the most of it.

Frankly if the rest of them go to the other, I'd think that they could handle just about anything they'd come across and fair few things for which I would tip the balance. However there is a chance that someone saw my last fight and given the way my profile's been razing combined with my new "abberation" discrete watch is not going to be my strong suit.

So I play the fool, and provide the distraction

And on a purely out of character note it might provide some momentum.

Arr...I'm kind of at a loss as to what's going on. We seem to have stalled. Last I knew, I was...

(singsongs like Elan)

Provide provide provide...provide a bonus to Rama's hacking rolllllll...lala oh provide...

And then things sort of stopped happening.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2212:date=Aug 7 2007, 11&#58;23 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Aug 7 2007, 11&#58;23 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doc would like to page Smite to see if he'd like to be on hand for a walk through of Lily's murder, but I gather he's busy?

The Raeke will not happen for a few hours yet.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Allison is helping with the hacking, right? Not with Joe.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2217:date=Aug 8 2007, 05&#58;23 PM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Aug 8 2007, 05&#58;23 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison is helping with the hacking, right? Not with Joe.

Yes indeedy

NNNGH!

It's such a pain having two separate logins!

It's not letting me log on as Whisper now. I've no idea why. I'm pretty sure I have the password right.

*scream*

• 2 weeks later...

Hacking is done after Rama and Allison and Whisper are successfully through Ta'hean.

Chronos and Smite are also returning from Eternytya.

Time elapsed is about 3 hours.

The Raeke is about to begin, or at least everyeon is beginning to gather in the main arena section. Smite will be expected to sit in a certain section to be called out and ready for his raeke when time is called.

Asche and Toya are still in the apartment, conversing with Kara.

Any questions, please post them here and I'll summarize answers... wink

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2249:date=Sep 12 2007, 05&#58;19 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 12 2007, 05&#58;19 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eteryntya11:30 hours
Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY
Participants: Smite, Crumble.

Standing around observing things, Joe has a thought and turning to the two ladies he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"A theory I've been toying with is that there was another Temporal Manipulator here, but his or her presense was masked by Sight Blinder. I know it's a lot to ask, but did you see anything... well... harmless that was out of place on that day?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe reflects, And maybe the question itself will give Smite enough to guess where they'd be.

Smite begins to mull over the area, trying to discover were a temporal manipulator could have acted and yet avoided notice. They would need to be close if Chronos was any indication of their ability, and temporal editing generally causes minor inconsistences in what might have gone on. Smite will examine the area and the scenario for the most like point of interference, the place were the most change could be managed with the least effort.

We will assume that SMite gives one or two likely areas where the Sword of Stealth might be used from. At first is is a long list of 5-8 locations but he narrows it down to the 2 most likely.

Reaa and Tonya both say that they are relatively certain that the Sword of Stealth was not there. They explain that is was jut months earlier that Lathan had locked it up tight in the Rathien vaults on planet Rathien Prime. As far as they both know, its still there.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2249:date=Sep 12 2007, 05&#58;19 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 12 2007, 05&#58;19 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eteryntya11:30 hours

Standing around observing things, Joe has a thought and turning to the two ladies he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"A theory I've been toying with is that there was another Temporal Manipulator here, but his or her presense was masked by Sight Blinder. I know it's a lot to ask, but did you see anything... well... harmless that was out of place on that day?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe reflects, And maybe the question itself will give Smite enough to guess where they'd be.

Smite begins to mull over the area, trying to discover were a temporal manipulator could have acted and yet avoided notice. They would need to be close if Chronos was any indication of their ability, and temporal editing generally causes minor inconsistences in what might have gone on. Smite will examine the area and the scenario for the most like point of interference, the place were the most change could be managed with the least effort.

Quote:
Eteryntya11:30 hours

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Smite gives one or two likely areas where the Sword of Stealth might be used from. At first is is a long list of 5-8 locations but he narrows it down to the 2 most likely.

Reaa and Tonya both say that they are relatively certain that the Sword of Stealth was not there. They explain that is was jut months earlier that Lathan had locked it up tight in the Rathien vaults on planet Rathien Prime. As far as they both know, its still there.
Joe fixes the places where it might be in his mind and surpresses a smirk when Reaa and Tonya say it's unlikely. If they're right then all the temporal manipulators will be on the same side, and that would make everything so much easier. This has been a very worth while meeting... the chances of success increased between 5 and 15 percent, and that increase was taken by subtracting from the chances of dramatic failure.

(After returning)

<strike>Joe gives Reaa and Tonya his sincere thanks and tells them they'll know what he finds out. Then he takes his wrapped assassin's weapon back to where he left Allison.</strike>

In any encounter down the road with the 'climax" of this particular event (discovering the killer, etc), SMite and Chronos will be given "bonus dice" in coming to a favorable end result.

Positioning for the Arena encounter

As far as I can tell, all are present in the StarHaven Arena in the Noble section reserved for House Rathien and friends. ABout 20 seats are open. Toya and Reaa are in the section as well as Smite, Rama. Allison, Chronos, and Whisper.

Please let me now otherwise here and/or post a short narrative describinbg your arrival and surroundings.

Kara and Asche are not here. Asche can be seen some sections over in what might be called "cheap seats" standing at a rail casting an observing look over the filling arena. Kara is nowhere to be seen.

Quote:
My mental impression of this is we're in a "company" box seat at a football stadium.

And Smite is fighting, right? Why is he with us?

Smite is registered to fight but has not been called yet. They asked him to take his seat and he will be called when its time.

ON a side note, anyone at the beginning of a Raeke, can volunteer as a defender or agressor. Say Chronos suddenly got a wild hair in his side and wanted to Raeke for control of all technology advancements on his planet, he simply has to stand up and shout that he demands a Raeke. After that, anyone else can shout out that they want to fight for him or against him. Same goes with any Raeke. There is always given a pause for anyone to jump in.

So if a Raeke is going bad, and someone I like is losing, I can jump in and help them?

Quote:
Eteryntya11:30 hours

(After returning)

Joe gives Reaa and Tonya his sincere thanks and tells them they'll know what he finds out. Then he takes his wrapped assassin's weapon back to where he left Allison.

Glean is shadowing Allison. So once she makes it know and confirms where she is, I too will post where I am/what I am doing.

Quote:
ON a side note, anyone at the beginning of a Raeke, can volunteer as a defender or agressor. Say Chronos suddenly got a wild hair in his side and wanted to Raeke for control of all technology advancements on his planet, he simply has to stand up and shout that he demands a Raeke. After that, anyone else can shout out that they want to fight for him or against him. Same goes with any Raeke. There is always given a pause for anyone to jump in.
Wait a moment, assume for the moment that Doc does this and no one cares enough about some backwater planet to stop him.

1) Does he just win?

2) What does he win? How is this enforced?

Quote:
So if a Raeke is going bad, and someone I like is losing, I can jump in and help them?

No. It is seemingly impossible for anything to interfer with a contest once it has started. Anyone can join in the contest before it starts, regardless of their relationships.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2271:date=Nov 10 2007, 06&#58;56 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Nov 10 2007, 06&#58;56 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ON a side note, anyone at the beginning of a Raeke, can volunteer as a defender or agressor. Say Chronos suddenly got a wild hair in his side and wanted to Raeke for control of all technology advancements on his planet, he simply has to stand up and shout that he demands a Raeke. After that, anyone else can shout out that they want to fight for him or against him. Same goes with any Raeke. There is always given a pause for anyone to jump in.
Wait a moment, assume for the moment that Doc does this and no one cares enough about some backwater planet to stop him.

1) Does he just win?

He would not simply win. The 'judge of the Raeke' (Starhaven itself or what all call 'the Raeke Matrix') will declare a champion to defend status quo. Chronos would have to do some form of contest to win, be it combat or some other form of protagonist.
If he wins, well in the instance above , were he to control all technology on a planet it would be made so. OOC, he and I would decide beforehand what 'control' was. It might be that the planet cannot make certain advancements unless Chronos first approves it. He might be made a sort of Primal over the influence of technology.

What empowers this or makes his win a reality? Starhaven does by channelling energy in some manner. The answer to this question has largely been a mystery to all and no definate answer is definate. However, this visit of Nova's has exposed some new truths in that StarHaven is sentient and perhaps even biologic. Whisper and Allison were discoverers of that.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2274:date=Nov 11 2007, 11&#58;05 PM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; Nov 11 2007, 11&#58;05 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So if a Raeke is going bad, and someone I like is losing, I can jump in and help them?

No. It is seemingly impossible for anything to interfer with a contest once it has started. Anyone can join in the contest before it starts, regardless of their relationships.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2271:date=Nov 10 2007, 06&#58;56 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Nov 10 2007, 06&#58;56 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ON a side note, anyone at the beginning of a Raeke, can volunteer as a defender or agressor. Say Chronos suddenly got a wild hair in his side and wanted to Raeke for control of all technology advancements on his planet, he simply has to stand up and shout that he demands a Raeke. After that, anyone else can shout out that they want to fight for him or against him. Same goes with any Raeke. There is always given a pause for anyone to jump in.

1) Does he just win?

He would not simply win. The 'judge of the Raeke' (Starhaven itself or what all call 'the Raeke Matrix') will declare a champion to defend status quo. Chronos would have to do some form of contest to win, be it combat or some other form of protagonist.
If he wins, well in the instance above , were he to control all technology on a planet it would be made so. OOC, he and I would decide beforehand what 'control' was. It might be that the planet cannot make certain advancements unless Chronos first approves it. He might be made a sort of Primal over the influence of technology.

What empowers this or makes his win a reality? Starhaven does by channelling energy in some manner. The answer to this question has largely been a mystery to all and no definate answer is definate. However, this visit of Nova's has exposed some new truths in that StarHaven is sentient and perhaps even biologic. Whisper and Allison were discoverers of that.

Arr...Whisper felt Starhaven's mind, if in a weird sort of way. Allison could sense its Name...or what she thinks is its name.

Glean, Allison was with Rama, helping him hack while Chronos did his thing. Once Chronos returned, I believe we all went to the Raeke arena to watch Smite.

So that's where she was, and is. smile

Quote:
He might be made a sort of Primal over the influence of technology.

OMG!!!! Seriously Primal stuff.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not dismissing Thomas However, not a few of the crowd are awe-struck at his calculating precision and power; when his missed q-bolts hit the area, the resulting impact wows many.

Across the Arena, Genine is gazing disapprovingly at the contest below. Refuge is sitting calmly and grimaces at Lucinda's banter; and the others are on edge as they watch the contest.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A couple questions. One is that I didnt think Smite had used his q-bolts yet.

Second is who are genine and Refuge? Did I miss their introduction somehow? Sorry if Im being daft.

Rama, note below, at the end of this quoted post. wink

Quote:
<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Summary of recent events:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->Allison and Rama, with help from Whisper crack into the AI of StarHaven. It is discovered that StarHaven is actually a sentient in itself called Ta'Hean. They are certain that the station 'allowed' them to pass because at a certain point in the contest when it felt to Whisper as if they were going to be ejected from the connection, Ta'Hean just stopped.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->They get a "road-map" to the possible door to the Library of Nomikos within the World Serpent Inn. They also learn that there is a room here in StarHaven called the Na'aetina portal. It is said that the portal room is guarded and no one is given access there, not even the Lords of StarHaven, Na'aetina is said to be triggered only by the drawing in of a certain sub-space energy that it not normally stored in capacitors on the station. Glean was standing by Allison the entire time.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->Chronos and Smite travel to Eternytya and investigate the location of Lathans death. The palace there has long been abandoned since the AllWar. Chronos has a better mental image now and should be able to use the bracelet with a higher degree of accuracy.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->Smite, just prior to traveling with Chronos, signed up to do a Raeke in the Nova exposition. This Raeke is going to be the "coming out" of the 'enlightened terrans' and is sure to be of interest to everyone in the station. The contest is due to take place shortly.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#8b0000--><span style="color:#8b0000"><!--/coloro-->Asche and Kara have a brief Family meeting in the Rathien apartments with Toya, Tonya, Lokymean, Fier, and a select few members of House Lonn.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto-->StarHaven

16:00 hours

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Now, all those that are interested are gathered in the Main Arena sitting center station. The Raekes are about to begin. Smite has not yet been called down to get ready and is assumed to be sitting with the group consisting of Asche, Toya, Lokymean, and whoever else of the team are there. You all got into the reserved seating through Toya and are ringside the huge, multi-spatial arena.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->A Raeke begins in which a Logrokai (read: and Orc) with high-tech weapons and equip asks to have his people as a whole invited to Starhaven. The Lords then develop (through a series of intricate manifestation and matter creations that shape the Arena into a sort of dungeon-maze that all the audience is somehow able to see through walls to observe the contest) a Raeke in which the Logrokai has to navigate a series of obstacles and dangers only to die fighting five unarmed and loin-cloth clad martial artists. The fight is brief and two of the five champions are slain. The safeties were off and StarHaven claims three more lives this day.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Smites Raeke is coming up next. The announcer is making a big to do about the whole ordeal and by observing the audience, it is apparent that there is not a disinterested one in the house. During the last Raeke (the one described above), Allison picks out of the crowd a face the team has not seen in a long time.

Genine Ebherhart is in an upper level from where the team is sitting and is in a section that is empty save for six others sitting near her. Allison is immediately aware that all are Nova's and all are part of the security detail for ODIN and ERI (Lucinda (Caliber), Refuge, Virago, an unknown black man, Impulse, and Glimmer). Of the seven nova's only Lucinda is not watching the Raeke but instead is casting hard glares in the directions of the team, and especially in the direction of Asche.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Everyone, note the following;

Quote:
"Joe" says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I don't know about 'underestimating' but Lucinda, aka 'Cin' aka 'Caliber', is a top of the line killing machine, even by nova standards. If I'm remembering correctly her big power is that eye of hers, it fires a massive quantum bolt."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

What Joe would have really said is:

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->"I don't know about 'underestimating' but Lucinda, aka 'Cin' aka 'Caliber', is a top of the line killing machine, even by nova standards. If I'm remembering correctly her big power is that gun of hers, it is the bullets which become her massive quantum bolts."

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->It is understood by all of you, from pattern documents and historical accounts that Lucinda has a mental block akin to Smite which requires her to have a weapon in hand to fire a quantum bolt. The bullet itself is turned into the bolt with activation of her power. Whenever she expends quantum, her abberant eye glows pink-red.

Narrator, I got the part where they are in the stands watching. It's just that you spoke the names as if the other player's should be familiar with them...which Rama may also be due to his catch-up research but that hasn't reached this player's ears yet... wink

I can take this one, I think. I was close to ERI in our table top. A few of these characters were PC's in my group.

Quote:
Narrator, I got the part where they are in the stands watching. It's just that you spoke the names as if the other player's should be familiar with them...which Rama may also be due to his catch-up research but that hasn't reached this player's ears yet...

Genine Ebherhart: One of the worlds foremost in power Telepaths/Telekinetic. Founder of ERI (Ebherhart Research Institute, see below). She and Lucinda had a fling now and then if I recall and is reluctant to use her telepathy although she was the worlds formost telepath.

Refuge: Kind of a Superman nova. Strength, speed, tough, perception, but not all there when it comes to logic and common sense. Lucinda's Meat wall.

Virago: I believe she is a sort of Pretercog if I recall correctly from the tabletop, but she has to be in the area an event took place. I think its 'retrocog'. She is a very skilled fighter but as far as I recall is more of a stealth nova; less than signature 4. She is also second in command in the security structure for ERI and ODIN.

Impulse: Don't recall alot but to say she had some power over emotions.

Glimmer: Light Mastery, Manipulations and Forcefields. Flight. Pretty impressive in power and with the ability to switch off other nova's powers and make the nova to where they can get hurt by their own powers. I recall her killing a nova who resembled the human torch simply by making them get hurt by their own flames.

The unknown black man: I have an idea but not sure. This brute of a nova who can create Bio-titanium or something. IF I am correct, he is the leg breaker and enforcer of ODIN. Cant recall his name.

Quote:
And what does ODIN and ERI stand for? (If not the Norse All-Father...)

ODIN: Omni Developmental Institute for Nova's. Founded by Lucinda with a little bit of clout from Genine.

ERI: as above, Ebherhart Research Institute. Pronounced Everhart. Very well respected in the day

Both are kind of Rashoud clinics for novas but ODIN is a place where they offer more 'tactical' training and show nova's how to use the abilities for offense/defense.

Oh, and I do beleive Lucinda used the All Seeing Eye as her symbol for ODIN. :blink:

Archived