Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Considering all the attacks that the Pultytes have made against the group and other Novas, it is easy to conclude that they are aware of Asche's manipulations and thus making Nova kind a target.

That is possible, but it is unlikely that they have confirmation. Is there any countervaling cover story we could use in his place, to reduced nova profiles in general (as we gather them in secret)

The Pultytes might not have 100% evidence that Asche is involved in the creation of Nova's but there is very convincing evidence that he was involved. Nova kind were not known to have existed in the time line that Asche, Eve, Kara, Laythan, Ba'laan and Kaelan are from. There is no known reason why they did not exist. Some suspect the aberrant war. Others speculate that Novas may have ascended. But Novas were not the only new surprises found when Asche came back in time... It has not been explained why you are here. It may have been a result of paradox. Who knows?

A countervaling story will only go so far. Eventually there will be someone powerful enough to see through the lie.

Quote:
The interesting part about this is it's coming from Earth-Gov. Does Earth-Gov have pull with the Pultytes?
Quote:
What gives you the impression that the attacks are coming from "Earth-Gov"?
Quote:
Kara, I dont see him as saying the attacks are coming from the earth-gov as much as he is saying the report itself comes from earth gov.
Not just the report. Two Pultytes end up dead... so why is Earth-gov looking into this? How did they get involved? I doubt they look into all incidences of dead Pultytes. We never did find out how and why the Pultytes were there waiting for us, were they involved in that? Did they have agents at the bar? (This seems likely and further implies that it was a good thing for us to beat feet).

Also, "a string of nova deaths", might also be refering to our two new novas who are still in training. If so then they fell off someone's radar. So... the implication is that Earth gov has connections into both sets of incidents, or more likely, that someone has connections into Earth gov.

Asche will reply that that Earth-Gov, (for the record, it would be a branch of the Arbiters or the Custodians of Earth who would be doing the investigation) is looking into this because of the nova deaths and not really due to the Pultyte death. As Nova's are a rare occurance it is nothing they take lightly. The Sol Empire treats nova's as important to the Empire as a whole; if they are being killed off, they want to stop it.

Joe<strike> Chronos</strike> seems to be being a bit paranoid, at least from Asche's POV, especially if this thought process is voiced. wink

Quote:
Joe replies dryly,

"I've had practice."

RE: The Sol Empire treats nova's as important to the Empire as a whole
What function do novas serve in the Empire? If the King erupted could he stay in his position?

From Asche's view, Nova's are treated very well. They are given a chance to register when they are discovered or erupt. It is not something taken lightly but they are not forced to register. Registering allows nova's certain privelages and rights however. For one, tey are covered medically for life. Another thing they get is a form of insurance and legal representation if their abilities cause an accident or such. Some non nova's claim that the nova's are given too many liberties and privelages from the empire but its nothing that causes riots or uprisals. Ultimately it is attempted to bring nova's into the employ of te empire in various functions and to even be brought into the Royal House in some capacity.
If the emporer erupted, he would certainly, as far as the convention stands now, be allowed to keep his throne. Some think he is a nova anyhow.

Asche regards the nova's, most of them anyhow, as the future of his people and as honored ancestors. To see a place that mistreats nova's is just as disheartening to him as seeing his people mistreated.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2030:date=May 21 2007, 04&#58;06 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; May 21 2007, 04&#58;06 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The interesting part about this is it's coming from Earth-Gov. Does Earth-Gov have pull with the Pultytes?
Quote:
What gives you the impression that the attacks are coming from "Earth-Gov"?
Quote:
Kara, I dont see him as saying the attacks are coming from the earth-gov as much as he is saying the report itself comes from earth gov.
Not just the report. Two Pultytes end up dead... so why is Earth-gov looking into this? How did they get involved? I doubt they look into all incidences of dead Pultytes. We never did find out how and why the Pultytes were there waiting for us, were they involved in that? Did they have agents at the bar? (This seems likely and further implies that it was a good thing for us to beat feet).

Also, "a string of nova deaths", might also be refering to our two new novas who are still in training. If so then they fell off someone's radar. So... the implication is that Earth gov has connections into both sets of incidents, or more likely, that someone has connections into Earth gov.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Sol's Empire's interest in the matter is related to the deaths of the Novs's; NOT to the deaths of the Pultytes. I am just reinforcing Asche's words on why the Sol Empire is involved.

The Nova's who are registered are valued citizens of the Sol Empire as are all its citizens. They serve the Empire in various functions depending on their skills, just like all of the citizens of the Sol Empire. Some have skills in the medical field, others are merchants, others are public servants... Generally people choose the career that they want. Some planets in the Empire believe in a caste system. Children born in those systems are born into a specific career.

If there are people specifically hunting Nova's, this is of major interest to the Empire.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
In Lathan and Lily, we are talking about the same person who indirectly caused all the nova deaths in our original world correct?
No, not indirectly. She was directly responsible for many of them, specifically the ones where the nova's head blew up.

Basically she'd been supplied with info from an alt of Ash's girlfriend that said that novas were going to exterminate her people. Being powerful and ruthless she decided to do us first.

However the whole mess was manufactured by the Alt of Ash's girlfriend for the sole purpose of making a mess big enough that Ash would have to come back and deal with it.

Quote:
Allison nods slowly.

"But if there's just two now, and Lathan came back, there'd be three. And they'd all be okay."

"Of course, Lathan caused us a lot of trouble, though I guess it wasn't really her fault, exactly."

Denny and Thane already are Lords. Lathan was and Chronos more or less recently became one. That makes three as far as anyone see's. Lathan is not here or there right now as she has still been killed some years ago.
Presently then there is Three Lords but only recently, within the last 4-5 months, did Chronos assume the title by default after his training with Lathan.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2081:date=Jun 10 2007, 07&#58;35 PM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Jun 10 2007, 07&#58;35 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison nods slowly.

"But if there's just two now, and Lathan came back, there'd be three. And they'd all be okay."

"Of course, Lathan caused us a lot of trouble, though I guess it wasn't really her fault, exactly."

Denny and Thane already are Lords. Lathan was and Chronos more or less recently became one. That makes three as far as anyone see's. Lathan is not here or there right now as she has still been killed some years ago.
Presently then there is Three Lords but only recently, within the last 4-5 months, did Chronos assume the title by default after his training with Lathan.

Oh, I missed that. I thought Asche was saying Chronos wasn't one yet. My bad. I guess I was reading it too late in the evening. smile

Quote:
Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Hmm. Of course if Lily did come back she'd basically never have left, so she'd be third and have always been so. Doc has tried to stay off the radar."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

We are here assuming ( and I mean Asche is assuming) that Chronos has not laid low enough to stay of the radar to be considered a bonafide "TimeLord." If he has not been confirmed, adn there is no way to tell as far as we know, then we have no real danger to worry about.

Quote:
Oh WoW!!!!!!!! Chronos just got an even bigger and brighter target on his back now that he is a Time Lord. Lathan has a way of changing a man. shocked

Asche: "You're telling me."

also....are we all here? Smite...Kara...Rama...Glean? I see you off and on the site but no posting...something is about to develop and I want to make sure were all "here."

Quote:
We are here assuming ( and I mean Asche is assuming) that Chronos has not laid low enough to stay of the radar to be considered a bonafide "TimeLord." If he has not been confirmed, adn there is no way to tell as far as we know, then we have no real danger to worry about.
Confirmed by whom? Big and bad? Doc is very much trying to stay off his radar because he has a number of ban breaking powers. Knowing that there is a treaty that says "you have to be murdered if we kill any of these other people, one of whom is very evil" doesn't increase his desire to boldly step forth.

Nothing I've heard changes my mind that the fundamental solution is...
A) Gain enough power to kill B&B without him realizing it.
B ) Kill him.

All of this political manuvering is simply playing in a fixed game. White may win, black may win, but whoever wins the chess game, the referee is the source of the problem.

Confirmed, meaning that he has in some manner both a; been detected by Ba'laan, and B; been noted to have enough talent (which he does) to be considered a Lord.

In a way, if the numbers were right, he would be protected from the Ban should he be confirmed a Time Lord. The nature of the treaty was worded such that the Lords were to be allowed to live as long as their numbers remained in three's. SO if CHronos were to come out, so to speak, he ough to find 2 more time manipulators to confirm. smile

{{I fear I failed to state the implied protection of the Treaty. Asche would ahve lightly dusted over that part anyhow seeing that so many died while under the treaties "protection."}}

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->also....are we all here? Smite...Kara...Rama...Glean? I see you off and on the site but no posting...something is about to develop and I want to make sure were all "here."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am here. i will post some kind of update soon. Part of the reason I have been quiet is that i have little to add...pretty much all of this info is new to me. I know that over time i will understand the setting better, but for now I could use a lil ST assistance to portray Ramas knowledege of this world...Ive narratively had him studying up so he actually knows more about and is more comfortable than i am in this very original ST world.

In the meantime I have been working to further my interpersonal connections with the other players to keep me interested on that level. Its been enjoyable delving with Kara and I hope to create some fun with Glean as well soon...he seems to be as quiet as I am, so I will have Rama adress that soon.

In one of my other games I have been having a sort of questioning crisis as to whether or not ive picked the right PC...that is not the case here. Rama is perfect for this game. Its just that yall have been playing for years longer so its taking me time to get aquainted with all the jargon and such. Hopefully the ST will bring in more Rama Specific plotlines on par with what yall have gone through. I know that will go a long way to cementing my integration into this campaign.

in the meantime i must be off now, overnight so I wont get to the main IC til some time tommorow.

In the meantime i have given Kara more fuel for the fire so to speak. smile

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->also....are we all here? Smite...Kara...Rama...Glean? I see you off and on the site but no posting...something is about to develop and I want to make sure were all "here."

I am here. i will post some kind of update soon. Part of the reason I have been quiet is that i have little to add...pretty much all of this info is new to me. I know that over time i will understand the setting better, but for now I could use a lil ST assistance to portray Ramas knowledege of this world...Ive narratively had him studying up so he actually knows more about and is more comfortable than i am in this very original ST world.

Its just that yall have been playing for years longer so its taking me time to get aquainted with all the jargon and such. Hopefully the ST will bring in more Rama Specific plotlines on par with what yall have gone through.

Absoulutely Rama. I have plans for you. ::Rubs hands fiendishly:: BUt alas, it will ahve ot wait til ther 24th or 25th when I get back from my vacation. BUt mark my words, you will be heavily involved. Alot of it will need some behind the scenes discussion between us prior to implementation.

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->also....are we all here? Smite...Kara...Rama...Glean? I see you off and on the site but no posting...something is about to develop and I want to make sure were all "here."

In the meantime I have been working to further my interpersonal connections with the other players to keep me interested on that level. Its been enjoyable delving with Kara and I hope to create some fun with Glean as well soon...he seems to be as quiet as I am, so I will have Rama adress that soon.

In one of my other games I have been having a sort of questioning crisis as to whether or not ive picked the right PC...that is not the case here. Rama is perfect for this game. Its just that yall have been playing for years longer so its taking me time to get aquainted with all the jargon and such. Hopefully the ST will bring in more Rama Specific plotlines on par with what yall have gone through. I know that will go a long way to cementing my integration into this campaign.

in the meantime i must be off now, overnight so I wont get to the main IC til some time tommorow.

In the meantime i have given Kara more fuel for the fire so to speak. smile

We can keep up our dialogue while ST is on his fifth honeymoon!!!!
Boom Chaka Wah Wah!!!! :P

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2102:date=Jun 13 2007, 05&#58;22 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Jun 13 2007, 05&#58;22 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->((...Asche may have/probably picked up Kara's surface thoughts...))
but doc is the 1 w/ the answer

Ok... I'lll ask....

Quote:
Allison lifts a hand and says quickly, "Sorry to butt in, but this sounds important enough I could try to see ahead a bit. With all this time manipulation going on, it might be useful to see where some of these loose timelines lead."

Working on it...wont see any results of my post for a few days; I dont want to go broke paying to get online from the ship. But I am PM'ing Allison.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2116:date=Jun 15 2007, 09&#58;36 AM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Jun 15 2007, 09&#58;36 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison lifts a hand and says quickly, "Sorry to butt in, but this sounds important enough I could try to see ahead a bit. With all this time manipulation going on, it might be useful to see where some of these loose timelines lead."

Working on it...wont see any results of my post for a few days; I dont want to go broke paying to get online from the ship. But I am PM'ing Allison.

NICE!!!! I am happy you have your priorities straight!!!!

Quote:
Well done Allison. Liked your post. And if ST says I'll edit my post about Joe being immune, but I suspect the equiv of INV:Time covers/counters being aged. :P

Actually, the change wasn't being aged. It was more metabolic in nature. The leakage caused everything to grow...stimulating an artificial spurt of growth. Allison's power is tied to lifeforce...even her seeing the future is related to there being life present in the past and future, and her senses of living things not being limited by time.

She wouldn't be able to look into the past prior to the development of life, for example. Nor into the future after which all life was extinct.

And thanks! I shall put the vision's contents up anon. Asche sent quite a bit!

Actually, the change wasn't being aged. ... The leakage caused everything to grow...stimulating an artificial spurt of growth.

In theory you could use that on a baby mouse or rabit and turn it into an adult... but then so could Doc. My case is slightly stronger since in theory all novas have the same power, but its also slightly weakened due to Joe being here rather than John (Joe is slightly less than fully grown). Another complication is that Doc has a non-standard version of resisting temporal manpulations as well. I.e. INV:Cold would protect against things made or producing cold via any means, the end effect is what's prevented be it EM:Cold or Weather Manip or Liquid N2, but I'm not sure if Doc's method is that compresensive. We're on a fine line here.

Quote:
Actually, the change wasn't being aged. ... The leakage caused everything to grow...stimulating an artificial spurt of growth.

In theory you could use that on a baby mouse or rabit and turn it into an adult... but then so could Doc. My case is slightly stronger since in theory all novas have the same power, but its also slightly weakened due to Joe being here rather than John (Joe is slightly less than fully grown). Another complication is that Doc has a non-standard version of resisting temporal manpulations as well. I.e. INV:Cold would protect against things made or producing cold via any means, the end effect is what's prevented be it EM:Cold or Weather Manip or Liquid N2, but I'm not sure if Doc's method is that compresensive. We're on a fine line here.

Oh oh, no, I'm fine with Doc being unaffected. I was just saying how she did it. I didn't mean to impy that I was telling you how you should run your PC. smile

Quote:
So do I understand this correctly?

The wormhole inside the Voids guard sphere is the exit to normal space while the outside of the sphere is the void part...

No, the wormhole is inside, as you suspected, but it goes somewhere else. The outside of the Sphere is the void or where normal space would be. The void is what one might encounter should they ever venture to the edge and beyond normal space.

RE: FLESH and FUTURE III

• Asche was very friendly to all, as usual and never comes across as a superior in any of this talk. He positioned himself this time as more of a Peer and a fellow rebel than a councillor or advisor. New ones who are meeting him for the first time get a feeling of implicit trust and truth, almost like it would be impossible for him to lie to you. Even if you still have questions, you feel he would do his best to answer you to the best of his ability.</li>
  • Earlier, Smite was asked if he wanted to Raeke, indirectly, but he was approached. The arena recruiters implied that no nova's have been here before and it would be great indeed to see a display of power. Kara did not recommend or dissuade him form doing so. Smite can return to the recruiter at any time and say he wanted to sign up. This being if Smite wanted to have battle and let others view what he can or cannot do. This could have positive and negative results.</li>
  • Once Asche is aware of the details of what you are doing, he will recommend a woman named Roma in regard to knowledge of Gates and doors. To Chronos he will inform him that Reaa and Tonya are both here in StarHaven now; he ought to talk to them if he plans on bringing Lathan back. They might have input or advice as they were with her when she died.</li>
Anything else we need to mention, lets do it her if it's OOC and post it in the story area if its more IC.

Quote:
RE: FLESH and FUTURE III
  • Asche was very friendly to all, as usual and never comes across as a superior in any of this talk. He positioned himself this time as more of a Peer and a fellow rebel than a councillor or advisor. New ones who are meeting him for the first time get a feeling of implicit trust and truth, almost like it would be impossible for him to lie to you. Even if you still have questions, you feel he would do his best to answer you to the best of his ability.</li>
  • Earlier, Smite was asked if he wanted to Raeke, indirectly, but he was approached. The arena recruiters implied that no nova's have been here before and it would be great indeed to see a display of power. Kara did not recommend or dissuade him form doing so. Smite can return to the recruiter at any time and say he wanted to sign up. This being if Smite wanted to have battle and let others view what he can or cannot do. This could have positive and negative results.</li>
  • Once Asche is aware of the details of what you are doing, he will recommend a woman named Roma in regard to knowledge of Gates and doors. To Chronos he will inform him that Reaa and Tonya are both here in StarHaven now; he ought to talk to them if he plans on bringing Lathan back. They might have input or advice as they were with her when she died.</li>
Anything else we need to mention, lets do it her if it's OOC and post it in the story area if its more IC.

Quote:
We still need to find the location of the door to Nomikos while we are here right?

Yes, the original intent of coming here was to find the door. But since then some visions and postulations ahve been given to our time-changers/seers and other options might have popped up. I cannot simply assume at this point. :mellow:

Quote:
{{{OOC: There are no computer terms readily available (read:line of sight) but something might be had in a room off the main one whish the team is in. This large apartment is really more of a small estate, at least 8 rooms of which 3 doors and archways can be seen from here. Knowing this, Joe might of simply asked for where one might be adn thus Toya would of replied:}}}

"Well there are public ones down hall seven but you have to deal with all the public. We have a couple private ones here Joe but, let me make sure the room is presentable first ok? I'll be right back."

Toya then walks down the other side of the room and through an archways. The sound of a door closing is then heard as she enters some unseen room around the corner of the hall. Apparently she will come and tell Joe when its ready in a moment or two.
So Toya is back?

RE: Reaa & Tonya
Do I send an email asking for a meeting or ask for an introduction or what?

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1926:date=May 3 2007, 03&#58;55 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 3 2007, 03&#58;55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->{{{OOC: There are no computer terms readily available (read:line of sight) but something might be had in a room off the main one whish the team is in. This large apartment is really more of a small estate, at least 8 rooms of which 3 doors and archways can be seen from here. Knowing this, Joe might of simply asked for where one might be adn thus Toya would of replied:}}}

"Well there are public ones down hall seven but you have to deal with all the public. We have a couple private ones here Joe but, let me make sure the room is presentable first ok? I'll be right back."

Toya then walks down the other side of the room and through an archways. The sound of a door closing is then heard as she enters some unseen room around the corner of the hall. Apparently she will come and tell Joe when its ready in a moment or two.
So Toya is back?

RE: Reaa & Tonya
Do I send an email asking for a meeting or ask for an introduction or what?

If you want a meeting, we can assume Doc/Joe asks for one, and either Asche will introduce you or perhaps Kara or Toya will do the same. We can do it IC if you desire and post it in freepost for documentaion of the discussion, assuming you are not wnating to do it in private. Or we can do it OOC and discuss what you learn/discuss/plan with them.

Archived