Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Isn't the door to the Library found here too?

The Library of Nomikos is said to have an entry point FROM The World Serpent Inn and StarHaven is said to have the location of the door.
There are many sayings about where portals are and what they might lead to but the ones your after today are the only ones substantiated by history. Broc saw the portal to Ba'alt in Nomikos and he is siad to have gotten to Nomikos from The World Serpent.

Oh, I over thought that one out. Yes there is a library, but its contained in info-terminals since you all come from an advanced time line and know what computers are.

If it is deemed easier or desired that books be needed, Kara knows people she can talk to to make 'Books" available instead of computers.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1953:date=May 9 2007, 11&#58;13 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 9 2007, 11&#58;13 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quick Question for Chronos:
Are you thinking that you are with Eve while the rest are in StarHaven?
With all the other dimentions and such I don't think Doc could make a clone and have it last. So he's in StarHaven, just as Crumble.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Is he WITH Crumble? I was under the impression that only Crumble (Joe) was here. It's simple enough to say John has been lurking with the team however.

Quote:
I am in StarHaven as well. But I am not sure where in Star Haven I would be. Can you please let me know?

You are likely in a chamber with the LoM (League of Merchants). IN your position you might also be somewhere wandering the Great Hall with the Ambassadors of the Emporer of Sol or somesuch. It is not likely that you are aware of Asche being here yet; you dont expect him for a few hours yet. You would however know where the Rathien Suites are and would ahve access to them and to the Suites set aside for the Ambassadors.

Quote:
Is he WITH Crumble?
Only in the way that Superman is with Clark Kent. We see Clark run into things that are really Superman's thing every now and then and he'll do things like scan with his x-ray vision or whatever.

Quote:
I was under the impression that only Crumble (Joe) was here.
That is correct.

EDIT: Just to be totally clear, Joe and John aren't different aspects of the same person, they actually are the same person. The differences between them are...

Joe is 19. That means that other people respond to him and treat him differently than they would Doc. He gets less respect. It also means that he's more impulsive and lusty, simply because he doesn't just look like he's 19, he actually is.

Doc in his 50's suffers from extreme Male pattern baldness and grey hair. Joe has a full head of black hair. Joe also has the habit of running his hand through his hair which Doc does not (Doc strokes his beard). Doc is also two inches taller than Joe and wears shoes which exagerate this.

If this sounds extreme I'll point out that I personally grew two inches after 19 and my grandfather had a fully grey head by the time he was 40. And yes, I started getting grey hair before I was 25.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1959:date=May 10 2007, 01&#58;56 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 10 2007, 01&#58;56 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is he WITH Crumble?
Only in the way that Superman is with Clark Kent. We see Clark run into things that are really Superman's thing every now and then and he'll do things like scan with his x-ray vision or whatever.

Quote:
I was under the impression that only Crumble (Joe) was here.
That is correct.

EDIT: Just to be totally clear, Joe and John aren't different aspects of the same person, they actually are the same person. The differences between them are...

Joe is 19. That means that other people respond to him and treat him differently than they would Doc. He gets less respect. It also means that he's more impulsive and lusty, simply because he doesn't just look like he's 19, he actually is.

Doc in his 50's suffers from extreme Male pattern baldness and grey hair. Joe has a full head of black hair. Joe also has the habit of running his hand through his hair which Doc does not (Doc strokes his beard). Doc is also two inches taller than Joe and wears shoes which exagerate this.

If this sounds extreme I'll point out that I personally grew two inches after 19 and my grandfather had a fully grey head by the time he was 40. And yes, I started getting grey hair before I was 25.
So this is not a Temporal Fugue (clone) pulled from another timeline? I was under the impression that you made a duplicate as you did in the past and had him go away to StarHaven. Now I get the referrence to the "multiple dimension" post you made. :blink:

Quote:
So this is not a Temporal Fugue (clone) pulled from another timeline? I was under the impression that you made a duplicate as you did in the past and had him go away to StarHaven. Now I get the referrence to the "multiple dimension" post you made. :blink:
I didn't think making a duplicate was an option since Clones share q-pools (which probably isn't possible across dimentions) and we could easily end up with duration issues (leaving the party in lurch).

On the other hand, this really is a job for Joe rather than John, so Doc took several decades off his age and it was Joe who went.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1957:date=May 9 2007, 04&#58;38 PM:name=Kaelan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaelan &#064; May 9 2007, 04&#58;38 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am in StarHaven as well. But I am not sure where in Star Haven I would be. Can you please let me know?

You are likely in a chamber with the LoM (League of Merchants). IN your position you might also be somewhere wandering the Great Hall with the Ambassadors of the Emporer of Sol or somesuch. It is not likely that you are aware of Asche being here yet; you dont expect him for a few hours yet. You would however know where the Rathien Suites are and would ahve access to them and to the Suites set aside for the Ambassadors.

Well let me know when it would be appropiate to introduce Kaelan and Chrystyne to the group. I am sure Toya will be thrilled to see her big sister. Kaelan will be meeting with the various Ambassadors and probably be attending many committees.
Has Ba'laan arrived to Star Haven yet? How about Kayne? Does Modred still have a kink in his neck? You do remember that Soul Cutter was used on Mordred. I thought that meant his death was permanent.

Honestly, I have many fond memories of Star Haven. Yakmircha and Kinnomon should be here as well. I am sure they would like to see their neice.

What about Broc and his legion of Brocites? Or was he not invited?

Quote:
Has Ba'laan arrived to Star Haven yet?

Mister Ka'ari doe not attend anylonger, not since his ousting some 4 years ago. Kaelan would know that after Ba'laan let it be known that his presence in StarHaven was no longer a monopoly and allowed the ruling parties to be declared by popular vote, he lost the privelages to sit with a council. Shortly following that, a man named Vlaad myt Trynata raeked for Ba'laan being banned form StarHaven unless he ever gets voted back into office.
Quote:
How about Kayne? Does Modred still have a kink in his neck? You do remember that Soul Cutter was used on Mordred. I thought that meant his death was permanent.

If you recall, before Lathan died, when she unsheathed the Sword of Dawn history was rewritten and Mordred was never slain and thus began the AllWar. (it was the straw that broke the back.)

Quote:
Honestly, I have many fond memories of Star Haven. Yakmircha and Kinnomon should be here as well. I am sure they would like to see their neice.

What about Broc and his legion of Brocites? Or was he not invited?

These will all be here most likely. And as usual you might get to witness Broc trying to Raeke for control of the cosmos. wink

Are there any factions that profees loyalty to Ba'laan?

Sometimes I really hate the Sword of Dawn! You know that you just erased one of the greatest events in this universes history! That is an unforgiveable sin. The All War did not need to happen just yet. It could have happened in a few years similar to the visions of the good doctor.

How does that sword work now that it is only in Orb form?

I didnt erase what was done to Mordred, when the Sword of Dawn was drawn the third time, it had a 'programmed' event to do. When it did it, it just so happedned to 'undo' the raeke that Kaelan and Mordred had. (For all of you that were not there, Mordred and Kaelan were never on each others buddy list.)

Many Houses of the Empire (unofficially) profess allegiance to the ban and thus to Ba'laan. It is reputed that House Sol is a supporter of Ba'laan since nothing they do is in opposition to him. There are many other speciaes in the Universe that also profess allegiance but most are not here in StarHaven.

In the population of StarHaven there are perhaps an easy third of them that do profess at least to aggree with Ba'laan. They just wont do anything about it. Yet.

As far as what the Dawn Incarnate does now, without being attached to the sword blade, well we'll just have to see. It has not been activated even when Asche was investigating their powers after he de-integrated them from their blades and hilt.

EDIT:

Also Kaelan..if you recall corectly, there was a seperate incident AFTER the drawing of the Sword of Dawn in which Kaelan lopped off Mordreds Hand with Soul Cutter. I think that is the instance you are recalling. (I had to look in my logs from so long ago to check this.)

Mordred was a recurring pain in Kaelan and the family's back side. I was just hoping that he was permanently gone. It might have been the last time that Mordred could have been permanatly expelled from the existences.

I imagined that Ba'laan would have his supporters. I was just wondering how vocal they were in expressing their views.

Just because a house may not outwardly violate the Ban does not necessarily mean that they support Ba'laan. There are other ways to usurp a tyrant than outright warfare.

The sword of dawn is too variable of a superpower to carry lightly. It is a very scary thing. Kaelan used it but me as the player still feels the stings of its actions. Knowing what really happened and seeing how game history remembers some events make me as a player be more cautious in my actions. Wyrdland was an excellent place for Kaelan to vent his frustrations! Speaking of which, anyone from Wyrdland in Star Haven?

Quote:
Wyrdland was an excellent place for Kaelan to vent his frustrations! Speaking of which, anyone from Wyrdland in Star Haven?

Very Unlikely...the Warpstorms have been raging and the planet has been out of contact for over 6 years. No one can enter or exit that part of the Universe.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1977:date=May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM:name=Kaelan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaelan &#064; May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wyrdland was an excellent place for Kaelan to vent his frustrations! Speaking of which, anyone from Wyrdland in Star Haven?

Very Unlikely...the Warpstorms have been raging and the planet has been out of contact for over 6 years. No one can enter or exit that part of the Universe.

But are the friends and allies still able to communicate in and out of Wyrdland? This is a concern that may need the involvement of others that are attending the festival here in Star Haven.

Quote:
How can a system the size of Wyrdland lose contact with the rest of the multiverse?

It's funny what a phenomena called locally by the name "Warp Storm" can cause on the lattices that form reality. Namely the fields of the lattice relating to time, space, gravity, and motion. That and the fact that the storm is encompassing the whole system.
Imagine a big storm that covers all of United States with Rain and wind. Now imagine that Wyrdlann is Kansas and the same storm encompasses not just the hemisphere but the entire globe. The warpstorm of course is made up of other things besides wind and rain, its made of the nastiest things from deep in the void and tainted by the greed and avarice of millions of years of being in no contact with any other that the demons of the Pale.
It is during times like this that the forces of chaos swell on the lonely planey of Wyrdlann.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1980:date=May 10 2007, 05&#58;44 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 10 2007, 05&#58;44 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1977:date=May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM:name=Kaelan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaelan &#064; May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wyrdland was an excellent place for Kaelan to vent his frustrations! Speaking of which, anyone from Wyrdland in Star Haven?

But are the friends and allies still able to communicate in and out of Wyrdland? This is a concern that may need the involvement of others that are attending the festival here in Star Haven.
NO contact is possible, not instantaneously anyhow. all messages from there are at minimum nearly 8 months old.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1988:date=May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How can a system the size of Wyrdland lose contact with the rest of the multiverse?

It's funny what a phenomena called locally by the name "Warp Storm" can cause on the lattices that form reality. Namely the fields of the lattice relating to time, space, gravity, and motion. That and the fact that the storm is encompassing the whole system.
Imagine a big storm that covers all of United States with Rain and wind. Now imagine that Wyrdlann is Kansas and the same storm encompasses not just the hemisphere but the entire globe. The warpstorm of course is made up of other things besides wind and rain, its made of the nastiest things from deep in the void and tainted by the greed and avarice of millions of years of being in no contact with any other that the demons of the Pale.
It is during times like this that the forces of chaos swell on the lonely planey of Wyrdlann.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1980:date=May 10 2007, 05&#58;44 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 10 2007, 05&#58;44 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1977:date=May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM:name=Kaelan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaelan &#064; May 10 2007, 05&#58;33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wyrdland was an excellent place for Kaelan to vent his frustrations! Speaking of which, anyone from Wyrdland in Star Haven?

NO contact is possible, not instantaneously anyhow. all messages from there are at minimum nearly 8 months old.

How long do these storms last?

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1990:date=May 12 2007, 03&#58;39 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 12 2007, 03&#58;39 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1988:date=May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How can a system the size of Wyrdland lose contact with the rest of the multiverse?

Quote:

The storm before this one lasted about 4 years. There was a 88 year gap with no storm but the one prior lasted over 50 years.
House Rathien has had holdings there for milleniums now, even before Kaelan was there. They report that the longets storm lasted over 200 years and during that time they all but lost footing on the planet. Nothing has been discovered that lessens or intensifies the Warpstorms and they are as difficult to predict as Ba'laan is to understand. The only warning comes about 3 months prior and they've dealt with it as best they can.
Even seers of reknown strength can only speculate when they will come and their duration.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1991:date=May 12 2007, 11&#58;25 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; May 12 2007, 11&#58;25 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1990:date=May 12 2007, 03&#58;39 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; May 12 2007, 03&#58;39 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1988:date=May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; May 11 2007, 10&#58;21 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How can a system the size of Wyrdland lose contact with the rest of the multiverse?

Quote:

The storm before this one lasted about 4 years. There was a 88 year gap with no storm but the one prior lasted over 50 years.
House Rathien has had holdings there for milleniums now, even before Kaelan was there. They report that the longets storm lasted over 200 years and during that time they all but lost footing on the planet. Nothing has been discovered that lessens or intensifies the Warpstorms and they are as difficult to predict as Ba'laan is to understand. The only warning comes about 3 months prior and they've dealt with it as best they can.
Even seers of reknown strength can only speculate when they will come and their duration.

Can a navigator make it through the warpstorm?
Can a snapdisk make it to wyrdland during a warp storm?

Quote:
Can a navigator make it through the warpstorm?
Can a snapdisk make it to wyrdland during a warp storm?

None have been able to thus far, on both accounts. Attempts have been made, very EXPENSIVE atttempts if you know the Navigators. But they have all failed. You have a better chance physically flying through the deep void against all the ilk of the Pale and then passing through the warpstorm itself than getting there via any transdisplacemental means. And then if your in a starship and approach the planet, the Ban is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks. Thats the long answer. The short answer is, No. wink

Hmm... this is a tempting side thought. I have ventured through deep void and had some dealings with these Pale denizons. Actually, for the most part, my years crossing the great nether abyss went unharassed. I supposed it was due to my light.

I wonder if I can pass through these warp storms unhindered? A definate side thought for later perhaps..

Quote:
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->{{ NARRATIVE UPDATE. }}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

======================================================================

This being opening day for StarHaven, there are many people here simply to see raekes in the grand arena. As you walk the halls from the circular room people are handing out dockets for betting and for registering to participate. One registration desk is also looking for Champions to represent various objectives. They exclaim "Big Money!!" to the winners. It is at this point that Smite picks up on some lingering glances in his direction and to that of his team.

======================================================================

The passing glances are directed at Smite and are coming from the 'recruiters' for the various contests. WOuld Smite have enlisted or sought more information?
The Raekes are gladatorial contests in the arena where all can witness the acts of strength and skill. If its purely for show and not fighting with a purpose, the Matrix, or safety will be on 100%. Think of it as a HoloDeck in that you cannot really die. They will pay you with a feast and recognition should you win, You might even get some cash.

Quote:
Not at this time, no. Anything you might be challenged for would be last minute so as to not allow you to prepare.

I am always prepared!! Bring it on!!! It has been a while since I have had to flex my muscles to smack someone down.

Star Haven is full of contests. Talking to Emissaries from various systems is always an exercise of the art of the mega socials. It is much harder task to defeat an oponent by charisma then to out wit or over power them with brute force.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->a string of Nova deaths outside the empire. Investigation into this so far has yielded no more results than to say that their is some organization paying merc's to hunt "empowered terrans." The first conflicts happened in the World Serpent and two Pultytes were slain when the assailants were transported to the 'brig.'<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I see we've made the media.

The interesting part about this is it's coming from Earth-Gov. Does Earth-Gov have pull with the Pultytes?

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->a string of Nova deaths outside the empire. Investigation into this so far has yielded no more results than to say that their is some organization paying merc's to hunt "empowered terrans." The first conflicts happened in the World Serpent and two Pultytes were slain when the assailants were transported to the 'brig.'
I see we've made the media.

The interesting part about this is it's coming from Earth-Gov. Does Earth-Gov have pull with the Pultytes?
Kara, I dont see him as saying the attacks are coming from the earth-gov as much as he is saying the report itself comes from earth gov. But I will address both takes here.

Asche is the one reporting this to you all, at the sitting you are having presently in StarHaven. Asche might have also mentioned that the Sol Empire, ie; Earth-gov, has definately heard about it and they were very likely the one to investigate it. You can also bet your britches that The Pultytes are investigating the deaths of their brothers. Asche has an uncommon perspective in that he can report both sides with some high levels of accuracy.

As to the implication of Earth-Gov having 'pull' with the Pultytes, well thats a rather interesting voew actually. Since the Sol Empire overall is a NON-BAN OFFENDING entity they are definately NOT on any list the Pultytes might have. The only reasons Most nova's might be on the list is if it's discovered that Asche (coming from an Entity that is high on the Ban "hit-List) is the ultimate source of the Nova's. Then Ba'laan and the Pultytes will attack the Novas simply out of princaple.

Also, the term Nova is not widely known or used. The terms "empowered terran" or "enlightened terran" are widely accepted instead since most do not understand what they really are.

Archived