Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I reccomend a PM...he might not sign onto the boards on a given day (he seems to check bi-wekly or something) but most people check theri email everday...

Worth pointing out. Doc, Whisper, Allison, etc, are inside Allison's protective field. it's been upgraded substantially from before...though I guess Cin's power will still get through...

Quote:
Hmm... potential error on Joe's part, but likely not much of one. It's never been clear to me that Allison has Mega-Int, but I'm sure she has Mega-Perception.

Dead on

Her Int has never been mega, but is high-end human last the Doc knew for sure. Her Perception however is only short of Mastery in its potency, and allows her to "simulate" mega intelligence somewhat. She often seems to know way more than she should because her information "source" is incredibly acute. However, her ability to USE that information has not been superhuman.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2479:date=Dec 25 2007, 09&#58;46 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Dec 25 2007, 09&#58;46 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Happy Yule Tidings, one and all!!!

Do we have the necessary information about the entrance in the Inn (aka our reasons for coming here) or should I ask for access to the necessary systems while they owe us.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The information has not been accessed yet. It is probably not a good idea to ask them for access AND let them know why your asking. Just inquiring about access to their secure or 'Original Systems' would suffice. If they ask why, find a reason to politely refuse them.

Quote:
um......why....why is Glean dead??? Did I miss the memo about his player retiring? shocked

Gleans player did not necessarily retire, he and I (Narrator) have been tag teaming the activity of Glean, and we still do. But right as Cin Attacked, Glean collapsed and was effectively Dormed and was comatose. Kara speaks truth however.

Shoot. Kara and I posted at pretty much the same time and I missed what she'd said about Glean at the time, then I didn't read back about it until just now because I don't normally read 'up' past my last post. Doc would have asked for more information but the scene has moved on.

Quote:
So what did Kara do with his body? If "Glean is no more" then will Glean's former player be making a new PC?

Quote:
Shoot. Kara and I posted at pretty much the same time and I missed what she'd said about Glean at the time, then I didn't read back about it until just now because I don't normally read 'up' past my last post. Doc would have asked for more information but the scene has moved on.

This is purely IN CHARACTER answers.
Doc would have likely noticed Kara dealing with Glean in such a manner that did not look suspicious, but in a manner in which she does not normally afford others. She lingered a bit, which is unusual, and may have even had a very fleeting veil of uncertainty before she spoke. Then when his body vanished, Doc would have noted the energy signature of Kara placing his body inside of her orb. She is probably going to deal with his body properly in a short time but did not want to be carrying it around the arena.

I am sure with a pure level of certainty that she wuld ahve left the area in very short time if not immediately after she took his body. You can post in freepost approaching her, perhaps even together, and see how she answers. ((I do know the player is travelling cross country presently and might not reply immediately.))

Quote:
Question: How much do we need these guys? Could they allow/prevent our access to the library? Are they supporters/detractors of Big and Bad?

I'm torn between being evasive and trying to make a deal by sharing information.

Of all that you've been told and all you have read, The Lords OF StarHaven are at best, Allies. I the least, they would be unconcerned. IN short, they were all involved individually with usurping Ba'laan from the station in the first place. They ought to have alot in common with you even if they are not 100% for you.

They could prevent access to the Gate, not the Library and they could be a great boon in your fight. SO far, the Lords have only taken a preventative and defensive position in reality and are not moving toward aggression. They have not made themselves part of the fight against Big and Bad since his ousting.

Quote:
I am lurking. I am not gone.

Question:
What do we need to do to get to the gate to the Library, activate a door or bribe someone?

Technically I could ask, I was just trying to make sure we still needed it. Because technically the original plan was to go and bust in there while I was distracting everyone in the arena.

Given that smite is at least marginally smarter than I and he is advised by smarter people still, and what he knows of the Lords, would access to the Library be a reasonable request?

Smite, the knowledge of the existence of the Library of Nomikos is known by a very small number of people. Perhaps a little less than a hundred people even know of its existence and of that number, less than half have seen it for themselves. Thats less than a hundred people in all reality. If you ask for it, the simple question will put you and yours into a league not witnessed by a terran before. NO earthling, NO terran has even been into the Library of Nomikos.

Smite could reason that it could breed respect of jealous envy, the destructive kind of admiration. frown Of course the Lords might be able to hide the negative feeling they initially have.

I think we have hit a point where the player(s) abilities are over shadowed by their character's abilities.

Question: In Doc's opinion, what's the best way to proceed?

Menu Option 1: Ask for access.

Menu Option 2: Try to sneak in.

3: Try to recruite these people or sway them to our side.

4: Do these Lord's abilities overshadow our own to the point where they'd tell if we were trying to manipulate them?

(more later)

Quote:
I think we have hit a point where the player(s) abilities are over shadowed by their character's abilities.

Question: In Doc's opinion, what's the best way to proceed?

Menu Option 1: Ask for access.

Menu Option 2: Try to sneak in.

3: Try to recruite these people or sway them to our side.

4: Do these Lord's abilities overshadow our own to the point where they'd tell if we were trying to manipulate them?

(more later)

Best way to proceed based on what you know of the Lords.

· They are for the most part, the “good guys” here and would ally with you in the long run.

· The Lords are a benevolent force in the Universe.

· They also were directly involved if not directly responsible for the ousting of Ba’laan from StarHaven nearly a decade ago. Terms are not on the up and up with them and Big and bad.

Knowing that, sneaking in might make things difficult down the road. Being mostly direct with them ought to be the best bet. I say mostly direct meaning that you can be direct with them with giving them full disclosure.

Recruiting them is a bad word. Talming them into joining you and becming partners is a better word. They are already on your side, but passive.

OOC, MOST of the lords direct and individual abilites are overshadowed by the players. Overshadowed by a long ways, like comparing a 80 pt nova to a baseline. There are however a couple or a very small number of 2-4 of them that might be comparable in power and effect to the players. Few if any have any ability to discern whether they were manipulated or not but remember that its technology that makes them extremely powerful. Gadgets and gizmos and StarHaven being under their direct command is a great boon tot heir power level.

As said, the direct and Honest approach would be best at this point. Oh, leave out the fact of the source of all this information as Asche or House Rathien. Say its something you all gleaned in many years of research or rumor.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2512:date=Jan 18 2008, 04&#58;30 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Jan 18 2008, 04&#58;30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Each of the Lords looks at Smite and then at Rama and whomever else is with them. ON most of them, the expression of mild surprise can be detected. Vlaan looks the least 'upset.'

"You certainly are not accidental tourists here today; you know of what you speak and you know when to ask. Your timing and circumstance is just right is it not. It is almost as if the recent activities were arranged to set you in motion for this. Amazing."

Vlaan pauses a moment and looks at a couple of members of the 25 present. Then without further hesitation he asks;
"We will need a short discussion about that as we access systems to properly define your request to those of us who are not 'in the know' of certain things."
Those words cause the majority of the 25 to falter a bit betraying how few of them are really in the know. Or perhaos they are upset that Vlaan mentioned that they dont know enough.
"But in the mean time, might we inquire as to how you have come to know that name and place?"
Joe bows again and spends a little juice (activate Persuader, Trickster, & Awe Inspiring)

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Lord, we lost one of us in the fight so our timing could have been somewhat better. From the way he went down and the fight, I suspect recent activities were arranged. We came across this location in our researching of Ba'laan. I have no proof, but I suspect his hand is ultimately behind what happened."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Chronos;
The Lords are much more eloquent than I and they would ahve got the context of what you meant. But can you restate that for a dummy so I am clear on your intended meaning? Thanks. :rolleyes:

Lord, we lost one of us in the fight so our timing could have been somewhat better.

They said our timing was perfect, Doc says it wasn't and it was only at great cost that we pervailed. This stresses the whole 'debt' thing and makes it less likely that we planned it.

From the way he went down and the fight, I suspect recent activities were arranged.

Gleen going down didn't seem to be a result of Cin, so it was something else. The timing of it however indicates that it was her team's actions. Thus implying we (or at least he) was one of the main targets. There's a backup implication as well, if B&B didn't plan it he took advantage of it so he knew it was coming.

We came across this location in our researching of Ba'laan. I have no proof, but I suspect his hand is ultimately behind what happened

This neatly sidesteps the whole "how did you find out about us" thing while at that time time blames Big and Bad while he isn't here to defend himself. They know that they have secrets about Ba'laan, so we found out about them through him somehow, and he's killing the messenger before the message gets out.

Quote:
This Lord Teresa...you described her passion as rage...is she enraged? seem angry? Or did you mean raging passion, ie lust? clarity por favor...

She does not seem angry so much, no. Think of being around a Garou (WoD werewolf) with high Rage points. You might feel a tad uncomfortable and baselines would not understand why but would avoid her. You however are a bit more 'enlightened' and can tell the feeliongs are emanating from her but are not forced to avoid her at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
yeah, handling new players in this campaign was something I did not consider when I started. It is surely hard to get into from the beginning. Most of the problem lies in my hands, if not all of the problem. This will change in the near future whether with a new setting, the end of this campaign, new characters, or all of the above. in any case, the setting will be a little better explained and easy to "jump into."

Rama, dont give up, I apologize for your feeling of inadequecy in the lack of eing able to play a mega intellect in this setting. That my fault but I plan to fix things real soon.

Okay I made it over here and am reporting in.

In the post above you intimate that the setting might be radically altered or even starting up a new game. What did you mean? If you dont want to say publicly you can PM me too...

Originally Posted By: Rama
Quote:
yeah, handling new players in this campaign was something I did not consider when I started. It is surely hard to get into from the beginning. Most of the problem lies in my hands, if not all of the problem. This will change in the near future whether with a new setting, the end of this campaign, new characters, or all of the above. in any case, the setting will be a little better explained and easy to "jump into."

Rama, dont give up, I apologize for your feeling of inadequecy in the lack of eing able to play a mega intellect in this setting. That my fault but I plan to fix things real soon.

Okay I made it over here and am reporting in.

In the post above you intimate that the setting might be radically altered or even starting up a new game. What did you mean? If you dont want to say publicly you can PM me too...

the current story can be resolved, is much as an eternal ongoing campaign can be resolved, rather quickly pending on players actions. There will of course be opportunity for the players to continue on with the same characters, which was my original plan when I formed this game. The concept was to make a world in which a few players had intimate knowledge of the history and events and in no small part had a hand shaping it. My problem lies in my delivery; its simply too difficult to get a new player into this game and brought up to speed. Its not as simple as a table top where a dozen pages can be read and the general gist of the game gleaned.

I will continue this game setting for as long as I can, permitting I have interest. I will also entertain ideas for another game, but thats a topic for later.

I just mentioned that Allison was not there in the last Chapter post because I did not want you all to assume she was and then have us all get seperated, unless of course that was what you planned or if you dont mind leaving her alone in StarHaven. If thats the case, onward and upward!!

Archived