Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Announcements...

Narrator

Quote:
Whoa! The new background makes things waaayyyyy hard to see/read....cool picture though, I just think the other was more functional...

As I am more of style over substance person (Functional never is good enough), what improvement to the current might you suggest? Font color, font size, background color, etc..

Well the top half of the screen makes all the white lettering very illegible, for example I can no longer find the buton to log out, which is a problem since I am at work right now... style_emoticons

Perhaps making the text stand out from the background more., either size, font or color...

ooooh...how about a cool digital looking green? that might stand out more... <shrug>

anyone else having the same problem?

Quote:
Well the top half of the screen makes all the white lettering very illegible, for example I can no longer find the buton to log out, which is a problem since I am at work right now... style_emoticons

Perhaps making the text stand out from the background more., either size, font or color...

ooooh...how about a cool digital looking green? that might stand out more... <shrug>

anyone else having the same problem?

Top half of the screen....?? I am looking at the logout text presently on three different systems and te white text in on a dark grey background. This is te text I am referring to : Logged in as: Narrator ( Log Out ) and is in the same border as the "My Controls" link and others. The only section I am having difficulty seeing (it soes not jump out at me like it used to) is the Rules of the Board link and the text in the light blue bar right under the image at the top of the screen.

I am one that wants to make things easy and comfortable to all and I am also usually one who has a hard time seeing certain things with contrasting colors. So please know that I want to fix the issue, but I first need to know exactly and precisely what it is.

When I say first half of the screen, for instance in this thread, most of the posts have the dark grey background which is easy to read, except the first one , yours, which threw me off at first. So in other words the top section really of whatever thread/page has the picture extending into it. Also (and this didn't happen before on the work computer) is that my name is no longer followed with (log out)..actually just checked and it doesnt say "logged in as Rama" either...

don't know why...

On the main page, it doesn't get the dark grey background until it gets to the "short stories" bar. The picture background extends down to and includes the freepost topic bar.

Rama's right.

The picture is waaaaaay too big. It dominates the screen and makes the text almost unreadable.

Asche, I think the problem is that you're designing this page assuming that all browsers see it the same way you do. This is clearly not the case. smile.gif The page may look just fine to you, but it seems some of us aren't so lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New Chapter coming soon, possibly by Monday. If you all are doing any side stories, please get them resolved shortly so as to not overlap the plot linie temporally. For the sake to time and freeposts, the next narrative will start approximately 11 weeks from now.

I am also going to to my best to update the narrative daily so please log in and do something or you might feel left behind or log in and have many posts to read over to catch up...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for FYI...

I am making things creep along abit slower than I would normally like. However, with Allison moving and gettgin straight in her real life, and Kara leaving shortly for a much needed/deserved real life vacation for 10 days, we have some leeway for stagnation. I am also going on vacation on June 15th and may not ahve internet while out. I will be gone for 9 days.

In the mean time, lets have some short stories (ie; solo shorts) in freepost in which I will input narratives for any that want to get involved. Perhaps these can be back stories...

Thanks Narrator. You always know how to take care of me. ^_^

I shall be gone but I am going to look for an internet connection. The story is getting really interesting. If I can't find an internet cafe, I look forward to talking to everyone in June.

Quote:
Thanks Narrator. You always know how to take care of me. ^_^

I shall be gone but I am going to look for an internet connection. The story is getting really interesting. If I can't find an internet cafe, I look forward to talking to everyone in June.

Mew. Still moving, but found some time to post. Hopefully that helps move things along for people. smile

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2045:date=May 23 2007, 05&#58;21 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; May 23 2007, 05&#58;21 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks Narrator. You always know how to take care of me. ^_^

Mew. Still moving, but found some time to post. Hopefully that helps move things along for people. smile

Thanks for everyone's patience!
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
wow? still moving after two weeks? did you use moving trucks or are you humping each box across town by hand? Are you using boxes?
wink:lol: Just kidding. I know movng is not fun and is a slow process....take care and dont break anything or scrape a wall moving things around.

Quote:
Just for FYI...
I am making things creep along abit slower than I would normally like. However, with Allison moving and gettgin straight in her real life, and Kara leaving shortly for a much needed/deserved real life vacation for 10 days, we have some leeway for stagnation. I am also going on vacation on June 15th and may not ahve internet while out. I will be gone for 9 days.

In the mean time, lets have some short stories (ie; solo shorts) in freepost in which I will input narratives for any that want to get involved. Perhaps these can be back stories...

Wow, the season of vacations. I too will be gone, but for 2 weeks, from June 12 to about the 24th. Going hiking in the redwoods and I dont know how long we'll last. You can bet that when I get back I will just want to sit and play on the computer for a good long while.

What is this "vacation" concept?

I am in the process of being fired from my current job. This has been many years in coming and they've been actively starving me of work for the last two or three years in anticipation of this event.

I am also in the process of ramping up for my new job. The primary differences between my old job and my new one are that I'm actually expected to work, I'm doing productive work, I'm much, much closer to the money creating part of the firm (this is huge), and the firm is a small start up so there's no way I get lost in the paperwork. I've already been working for them part time since March and with my spare time since last July. Small start ups are a good thing, I can not believe how much shear busy work I've had to do over the years simply to provide paper work for other people.

Quote:
Wow, the season of vacations. I too will be gone, but for 2 weeks, from June 12 to about the 24th. Going hiking in the redwoods and I dont know how long we'll last. You can bet that when I get back I will just want to sit and play on the computer for a good long while.

Redwoods? You must be in California! Which Redwoods???

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am in the process of being fired from my current job. This has been many years in coming and they've been actively starving me of work for the last two or three years in anticipation of this event.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Are you familiar with the Milton character from the movie Office Space? :lol:

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2064:date=Jun 7 2007, 07&#58;19 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Jun 7 2007, 07&#58;19 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Are you familiar with the Milton character from the movie Office Space? :lol:
Actually no, but several people in office have told me it's appropriate. IMHO this changed from a tradigy to a farse long ago.
In that case I reccommend renting it...its a modern classic.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2051:date=May 30 2007, 07&#58;41 AM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; May 30 2007, 07&#58;41 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow, the season of vacations. I too will be gone, but for 2 weeks, from June 12 to about the 24th. Going hiking in the redwoods and I dont know how long we'll last. You can bet that when I get back I will just want to sit and play on the computer for a good long while.

Redwoods? You must be in California! Which Redwoods???

Yes I am in CA. I was talking about Sequoia Ntl park or even the Redwoods in Southern Wyoming. Those are redwoods too right? lol
I might not be leaving unti next tuesday, we got delayed with some sickness in the group we were going with. In that case, we wont be back until around the 30th, hopefully. Hiking is one of the few places where I can forget life and simply enjoy breathing.

yeah, try and describe hell to him as best you can. I might need to post a reply to the freepost to show the degree of ugliness and danger that is there. But I'll let you take first stab at it as we get ready. Remember that Voids Guard is HUGE and is defended by energies like Solar Fae and Primal borroed and sacrificed. It is a safe place like no other in existence, especially from the denizens from beyond the Pale.

Does anyone have the White Wolf book "The Umbra" on Pdf that can be emailed to me? If this breaks the law, I don't need it. I was just going to get some inspiration from Malfeas and the Abyss for the desription that I will be giving Rama.

Quote:
Does anyone have the White Wolf book "The Umbra" on Pdf that can be emailed to me? If this breaks the law, I don't need it. I was just going to get some inspiration from Malfeas and the Abyss for the desription that I will be giving Rama.

I dont have it on PDF...but i do have it on my bookshelf...which page did you want me turn to? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived