Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: OOC Chatter

Jack-in-the-Green

Quote:
Kara noticed all of your reactions. She a master of body (redaction). NOTHING went unnoticed. Even you Doc...
Not a shock. Doc likes having Kara around but is intimidated enough by her that he's unlikely to ask her out. Crumble on the other hand thinks differently.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kara is old school. Doc has his woman so he is out of the picture. Plus, I think there are laws against Kara and Doc hooking up. And another thing, Eve was a "nanny" to Kara when she was little. There are too many issues that it would be waaaaay to "Springerish". It just turns my stomach just thinking about it.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The next morning will bring the three into a private larger apartment with all the accouterments to make a comfortable visit. Chronos, Eve, or Kara (or all three) will gather with the new three and continue the ?training? which consist mainly of talks and walks around the property now and then.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So are we just advancing the scene to the next day and playing through or will it be narratively summerized. Like Whisper Im not sure where to go with the scene as it neccesitates a lot of exposition and Q & A from the veterans. However, I have been enjoying the general philosophical discussions (aka kibitzing style_emoticons )

Quote:
yes we are advancing the scene to the next day, simply for the fact that it is unreasonable to assume you will get the whole story in one day. We can resume the kibitzing in the advanced thread.

Cool...looks like Whisper grabbed the ball and ran (I do like the way you think chica! style_emoticons Bring on the perks!!!)

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=552:date=Jul 28 2006, 11&#58;13 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Jul 28 2006, 11&#58;13 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
yes we are advancing the scene to the next day, simply for the fact that it is unreasonable to assume you will get the whole story in one day. We can resume the kibitzing in the advanced thread.

Cool...looks like Whisper grabbed the ball and ran (I do like the way you think chica! style_emoticons Bring on the perks!!!)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

INDEED.

style_emoticons

Quote:
So the current talk with Wisper is the next day, but on the same thread?

Two Jobs!! OUCH!! Well I hope you have some Red Bull stock or at least a starbucks in walking distance. I know that if I didn't have my daily dose of caramel frappuccino's and the extra whip cream, I wouldn't make it through the day.

Quote:
Quick question:

Have Richard, Rama, and Whisper had explained to them ICly exactly what the Ban is/does? There are some things that Richard would like to know, but I don't want to be meta-gaming by accident.

They are in the process now IC, getting it told to them.... at thi s point, any news you want to tell them OOC can be said and considered immediately IC.

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->"We've come a long way since then? we're stronger and have gained knowledge and insight into the metaphysical issues. Also, fortunately or unfortunately, Big and bad is alive and well at this time. He's no unreachable demon any more, he's just a powerful man, and he's had only decades, not centuries to set things up. Add to other factors, some small, some huge, and the pieces are starting to come together. <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->All of us, and by that I specifically include all of you, are lost in time.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Thus <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->it's not possible for anyone to go back in time and kill us <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->by preventing our birth. <!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->It's probably quite hard to even predict us<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, and I doubt any of us have copies on close timelines so grabbing a double and substituting them would be hard or impossible. I don't think he can see us coming, and I think it's possible to take him out, at least in theory."
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Asche (ask Kara and Kaelan and some of the others like Chronos) is a mega intelligent primal. Who is to say the above is not something planned by him.

And I dont say this to placate the distrust of Richard, it is good not to have blind trust in a person..

But something that lends itself well in this medium is mega-intelligence. style_emoticons

Quote:
And I dont say this to placate the distrust of Richard,
style_emoticons

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it is good not to have blind trust in a person..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> For some reason, I (at first) read that "It is not good to have trust in a blind person."

Which, obviously, made absolutely no sense in the context. style_emoticons

Quote:
Quick question:

Have Richard, Rama, and Whisper had explained to them ICly exactly what the Ban is/does? There are some things that Richard would like to know, but I don't want to be meta-gaming by accident.
You were told about the Ban and given a brief overview before the scene change. Assuming you wanted to follow up on this (which is a good assumption since that's what Doc (the mega-salesman) and the others IC wanted you to do), you could have easily looked up what has been written about it.

The short answer from Doc would be that Pax Con is the name of our merry little band... actually its the name of the "corporation" (actually a front company) that inducted Doc and most of the rest of us. Doc isn't sure (nor does he care) whether or not Kara predates the name and considering the nature of a time war it might not be a question with one answer. Doc also isn't sure (and again, doesn't care) whether Pax (the nova) took his name after the corporation.

Quote:
Pax Con predates Cestus Pax by about 4000 years. It has nothing to do with Cesus Pax.

Didn't someone mention that Pax Con was narrators version of The Technocracy (Techno-mage conspiracy on a reality level.)

Very closely related to the Technocracy. Difference is that the Technocracy is mage based where Pax Con is alien/primal based. They actually worked together for some time but the objectives of Pax Con and the objectives of the Technocracy differed at times.

Did the narrator explain to you about the bloodline?

Quote:
Pax Con predates Cestus Pax by about 4000 years. It has nothing to do with Cesus Pax.
Except for the same name and he worked for PU which worked with (or perhaps for) Pax Con. style_emoticons
The issue I was raising was whether Pax was named for Pax, & not the other way around. style_emoticons

Quote:
Pax's genetic alterations a very long time ago which eventually bloom into novas.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=663:date=Aug 9 2006, 06&#58;23 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Aug 9 2006, 06&#58;23 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pax Con predates Cestus Pax by about 4000 years. It has nothing to do with Cesus Pax.
Except for the same name and he worked for PU which worked with (or perhaps for) Pax Con. style_emoticons
The issue I was raising was whether Pax was named for Pax, & not the other way around. style_emoticons

Quote:
Pax's genetic alterations a very long time ago which eventually bloom into novas.

What is PU? I know that I should know what it stands for but sorry, I am just having a blonde moment. style_emoticons

Did Asche tell you that? The reason I ask is because the bloodline involves much more than just novas. The original history did not involve novas in the bloodline.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=667:date=Aug 9 2006, 08&#58;49 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Aug 9 2006, 08&#58;49 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=663:date=Aug 9 2006, 06&#58;23 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Aug 9 2006, 06&#58;23 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pax Con predates Cestus Pax by about 4000 years. It has nothing to do with Cesus Pax.

Quote:

What is PU? I know that I should know what it stands for but sorry, I am just having a blonde moment. style_emoticons

Did Asche tell you that? The reason I ask is because the bloodline involves much more than just novas. The original history did not involve novas in the bloodline.
PU=Project Utopia. Pax is latin for "Peace" Caestus Pax therefore meant something along the lines of "The Mailed Fist of Peace." Pax Concordant obviously has something else to do with keeping the peace. I am pretty darn sure they arent related. So Asche and his fellows are in someways the parents of novadom? How does Divis Mal fit in? In canon terms *he* is the one who sets off N-day with his Quantum Mastery powers...

Funny Kara...I didn't know you dyed your hair brunette style_emoticons

Divis Mal did set off N-day. That has not changed. But wouldn't it be great if someone else did the same thing that was not bent on subjecting all baselines to slavery?

You know a girl is always changing her hair style. I decided to go blonde for the summer. style_emoticons

Quote:
Divis Mal did set off N-day. That has not changed. But wouldn't it be great if someone else did the same thing that was not bent on subjecting all baselines to slavery?

You know a girl is always changing her hair style. I decided to go blonde for the summer. style_emoticons

Well, technically speaking Divis doesn't want to subject baselines to slavery. In fact I am sure he would be grateful if he never had to deal with baselines ever again. Though I must say that opening the can of worms that is the debate over Teras is *not* something I want to derail this thread with!!!!

Just make sure you stay on top of those roots! style_emoticons

Quote:
'nother quick question:

What exactly is Pax Con? I'm assuming it has/had something to do with Caestus Pax from the talk in the War Council thread, but beyond that, I don't know.

Pax Concordat or Pax Con is the name of the organization that Asche and Eve founded to train and equip earth for the incursions brought on by the temporal tampering, some of the tempering was directly caused by Asche so it was his way of trying to fix things. Pax Concordat means "Promise of Peace" or literally "Peace Covenant".

Quote:
The short answer from Doc would be that Pax Con is the name of our merry little band... actually its the name of the "corporation" (actually a front company) that inducted Doc and most of the rest of us. Doc isn't sure (nor does he care) whether or not Kara predates the name and considering the nature of a time war it might not be a question with one answer. Doc also isn't sure (and again, doesn't care) whether Pax (the nova) took his name after the corporation.

Quote:
Very closely related to the Technocracy. Difference is that the Technocracy is mage based where Pax Con is alien/primal based. They actually worked together for some time but the objectives of Pax Con and the objectives of the Technocracy differed at times.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=667:date=Aug 9 2006, 08&#58;49 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Aug 9 2006, 08&#58;49 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Quote:

Did Asche tell you that? The reason I ask is because the bloodline involves much more than just novas. The original history did not involve novas in the bloodline. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Cestus (Caestus) Pax may have taken his name from Pax Con but he never knowingly worked for Pax Con, even though Pax Con indirectly ran PU (Project Utopia) through the Protectorate division.

As far as Pax Con being the Technocaracy I will only say a misguided 'YES'.

The Blood line mentioned so much as dear to Asche and House Rathein is the bloodline that will lead to the common ancestor that becomes the Rathien people. It is not referring to the bloodline that will become nova's necessarily. But the most recent delopements was the discoveries that Asche saw to it that no small number of the Bloodline would erupt. Erupt not into galaxy shaking juggernauts for the most part, but erupt into something that would protect and cherish the precious heridity, some call the bloodline nova's half heartedly 'stealth-novas' because by first glance one would not easily tell they are super.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pax Concordat or Pax Con is the name of the organization that Asche and Eve founded to train and equip earth for the incursions brought on by the temporal tampering, some of the tempering was directly caused by Asche so it was his way of trying to fix things. Pax Concordat means "Promise of Peace" or literally "Peace Covenant".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->This reminded me of the passage I read that was part of what made me question Asche. I actually found the passage I was redering to. Here it is:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Anelonians observed the arrival of the Rellons and the implantation of the metavirus. To assure that the Rellons that monitored the development from afar never were alerted to a change in the viral pattern, the Anelonians did not remove it from the DNA stream at that time. Instead, they remained and slowly introduced another ?program? into the Humans DNA that would hopefully, in due time, annihilate the virus at the same point that it erupted in the gene pool. After seeing to it that the program was going as planned, the Anelonians left to return to their own time, all save a select few who would remain and hunt the remaining Rellons. After the Anelonians were relatively confident that the Rellons were gone from this timeline, the rest left. Save one. This one person remained to make ABSOLUTELY certain the metavirus never developed. Somewhere along the way, that same person got a little too emotionally involved in his job.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So it sounds like Asche is basically one of the good guys who made some mistakes along the way the way most people do. However there was that one conversation (cant remember if it was PM or IM) where Narrator said that there might be some upcoming upheavals in the way the PCs percieve things...Some of the others have alluded to the idea that banning weapons might not be a bad intention, only the way its is carried out (murder) and the hypocrasy of it. Just food for thought.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As far as Pax Con being the Technocaracy I will only say a misguided 'YES'.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->As in the canon Technocracy, with the 5 conventions (ie New World Order, Iteration X, The Syndicate, The Progenitors, and The Void Engineers) and the Pogrom against The Traditions of The Council of 9, Sending in Hit Marks and Men In Black, and Autocthonia the Machine Realm (and other Horizon Realms) etc etc ect...???

THAT Technocracy?????

That stuff is *pretty* dark in tone (being the WoD) and all and very conspiracy like.

(BTW for those of you (*ahem* BN...) who haven't played Mage: The Ascension (The old storyteller version not thae crappy new "lets just change the names around and rewrite the rules for no better reason than we need to sell more books...sheesh!) you really should go check it out. The Ascension War is one of the most compelling roleplaying games ever written IMHO and its freeform magic rules are nothing short of a visionary breakthrough)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Blood line mentioned so much as dear to Asche and House Rathein is the bloodline that will lead to the common ancestor that becomes the Rathien people. It is not referring to the bloodline that will become nova's necessarily. But the most recent delopements was the discoveries that Asche saw to it that no small number of the Bloodline would erupt. Erupt not into galaxy shaking juggernauts for the most part, but erupt into something that would protect and cherish the precious heridity, some call the bloodline nova's half heartedly 'stealth-novas' because by first glance one would not easily tell they are super.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So some of us might actually be related to House Rathien? Or was that only in this one timeline? On a related note, is there only 1 Asche or is he present in many different version of parrallel realities...ie is he singular as an entity in the timestream or does he exist throughout it?

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pax Concordat or Pax Con is the name of the organization that Asche and Eve founded to train and equip earth for the incursions brought on by the temporal tampering, some of the tempering was directly caused by Asche so it was his way of trying to fix things. Pax Concordat means "Promise of Peace" or literally "Peace Covenant".

This reminded me of the passage I read that was part of what made me question Asche. I actually found the passage I was redering to. Here it is:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Anelonians observed the arrival of the Rellons and the implantation of the metavirus. To assure that the Rellons that monitored the development from afar never were alerted to a change in the viral pattern, the Anelonians did not remove it from the DNA stream at that time. Instead, they remained and slowly introduced another "program" into the Humans DNA that would hopefully, in due time, annihilate the virus at the same point that it erupted in the gene pool. After seeing to it that the program was going as planned, the Anelonians left to return to their own time, all save a select few who would remain and hunt the remaining Rellons. After the Anelonians were relatively confident that the Rellons were gone from this timeline, the rest left. Save one. This one person remained to make ABSOLUTELY certain the metavirus never developed. Somewhere along the way, that same person got a little too emotionally involved in his job.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So it sounds like Asche is basically one of the good guys who made some mistakes along the way the way most people do. However there was that one conversation (cant remember if it was PM or IM) where Narrator said that there might be some upcoming upheavals in the way the PCs percieve things...Some of the others have alluded to the idea that banning weapons might not be a bad intention, only the way its is carried out (murder) and the hypocrasy of it. Just food for thought.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As far as Pax Con being the Technocaracy I will only say a misguided 'YES'.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->As in the canon Technocracy, with the 5 conventions (ie New World Order, Iteration X, The Syndicate, The Progenitors, and The Void Engineers) and the Pogrom against The Traditions of The Council of 9, Sending in Hit Marks and Men In Black, and Autocthonia the Machine Realm (and other Horizon Realms) etc etc ect...???
THAT Technocracy?????
That stuff is *pretty* dark in tone (being the WoD) and all and very conspiracy like.

(BTW for those of you (*ahem* BN...) who haven't played Mage: The Ascension (The old storyteller version not thae crappy new "lets just change the names around and rewrite the rules for no better reason than we need to sell more books...sheesh!) you really should go check it out. The Ascension War is one of the most compelling roleplaying games ever written IMHO and its freeform magic rules are nothing short of a visionary breakthrough)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Blood line mentioned so much as dear to Asche and House Rathein is the bloodline that will lead to the common ancestor that becomes the Rathien people. It is not referring to the bloodline that will become nova's necessarily. But the most recent delopements was the discoveries that Asche saw to it that no small number of the Bloodline would erupt. Erupt not into galaxy shaking juggernauts for the most part, but erupt into something that would protect and cherish the precious heridity, some call the bloodline nova's half heartedly 'stealth-novas' because by first glance one would not easily tell they are super.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So some of us might actually be related to House Rathien? Or was that only in this one timeline? On a related note, is there only 1 Asche or is he present in many different version of parrallel realities...ie is he singular as an entity in the timestream or does he exist throughout it? <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For some reason I cant quote properly so here is my reply...

He(Asche) did make some mistakes, large nad small. He was able to correct all the little ones for the most part and even some of the large ones. It's the ones he was not able to correct that he stayed around to monitor and set up Pax Con to be able to correct and bridle.

Yes, same convventions and such. When I decided to use WoD systems (the good way, not the new way) I immediately thought "hey!! They stole my idea for a global organization." when I saw the Technicracy. They fit into "The Company" coookie cutter nicely and then some; I added all the aspects to them that I needed to make them fit nicely and technically you might see the Technocracy as a subdivision of Pax Con (not to offend or lessen the Technocrats of course).

Pax Concordat was/is a very dark organization but with nothing but good intentions. Of course now, over 19,000 years since their formation, they might be viewed as a little soft compared to what they used to be.

Asche is a singular entity and does not exist in multiples.

Hee hee

I seem to recall Allison taking Asche to task for some of those mistakes, in fact. If you read through the archives, you might find that. She had misgivings about PC's pogrom too, though eventually joined Pax Concordat anyway. Still, when offered knighthood, she turned it down, fearing conflicts of interest.

Despite all that though, Allison respects and trusts Asche quite a bit. She regards him as a mentor and a friend.

So don't be too quick to dismiss him, mistakes and all. style_emoticons

Quote:
{{ooc: She is like a Silon from Battlestar Galactica...}}

Its C-Y-L-O-N silly.... please get your sci-fi and gaming grammer on next time. some commonly misspelled words are below...

Khamylyon

Khay

Khayn

Eternytya

Paramander

Asche

Concordat

Lathan

Chrystyn

Rathien

Cyryndya

Ba'laan

Ba'alt

Pultyte

End spelling lesson.. style_emoticons

Quote:
SHe is also soft to the touch and you cannot distinguish her from the touch of Kara or another woman.
Now see, if I were playing someone less chivalrous that Richard, the first question after that would be "Just how closely do you emulate a human female?"

style_emoticons

style_emoticons

style_emoticons

You know, because with robotic strength, I want to have enough warning to move a few hundred miles away whenever you'd get PMS. style_emoticons

I bet Chronos judiciously fast-forwards time for a few days a month... style_emoticons On a more serious note I imagine that Eve was constructed to be a "perfect" specimen of a woman. Her systems are advanced enough to keep her hormones perfectly balanced and she may not even need to menstrate...if she does indeed carry eggs I imagine they wouldn't be released every month (thats biologies way of being "always ready"...Im sure she has perfect physio-control and could just release an egg when she wants to be pregnant...)

Jeez...the kind of minutia us roleplayers can discuss.... style_emoticonsstyle_emoticonsstyle_emoticons

Just be glad that none of you boys have to go through cramps and bloating... But the worse part is when you boys accuse women for being on their period when they are just being assertive. Granted there are times when you might be right but it is really annoying when you do that.

Archived