Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Sample characters

Narrator

Here is Superman about the End of the comic days. He is about 65 years older in the time of the book Kingdom come and in this story, there was no Doomsday or Supes Killed him. Also, he looked about in his mid 40's; light greying in his sideburns, etc... Solar radiation and his invulnerability apparently have stopped his age at that point. He is still alive for a series called "DC one Million" which is a million years in the future.

post-503-131291462695_thumb.jpg

Bruce Wayne, err, Batman at his prime.

post-622-131291462697_thumb.jpg

The cruel Dictator of the planet Apokalips, Darkseid.

post-622-131291462698_thumb.jpg

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Glean said;

How about the Emerald one in all his glory since I am doing my best to try and emmulate his Energy Manipulation power. (Green Lantern in the Kingdom Come series if you did not get my hint. :flex: )<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Green Lantern (Kingdom Come)props to writeups.org

Dex: 6 Str: 4 Bod: 10 Motivation: Responsibility of Power

Int: 6 Wil: 26 Min: 8 Occupation: Superhero

Inf: 9 Aur: 9 Spi: 9 Resources: n/a

Init: 21 HP: 150

Powers - Flight: 18, Force Manipulation: 26, Omni Power: 15, Sealed Systems: 20, Skin Armor: 10

Skills - Gadgetry: 3, Martial Arts: 5, Occultist: 5, Scientist: 6, Scholar

(Bio-chemistry)

Bonuses/Limitations: GL's powers cannot affect wood in any way. His Skin Armor, while actual physical armor, does not protect him against wood-based attacks.

Advantages: Connections - Justice Society (high), Justice League: (high),

Jade and Obsidian (high); Expansive Headquarters (New Oa); Iron Nerves

Drawbacks: Authority figure (New Oa), Voluntary Exile (Earth), Guilt (loss

of Oa, Destruction of the Corps)

Alter Ego: Alan Scott

Powers: Alan Scott is a living Green Lantern battery. He has internalized

his piece of the Starheart, given to him by the Guardians of the Universe,

and can call on its powers for amazing feats, the most astounding of which

is his construction of New Oa, his orbiting space station. With the exception to his inability to affect wood, Alan's powers are limited only by

his imagination and the force of his mighty will.

Appearance: No crab-face masks for this guy, no siree! Alan wears bright

emerald full plate armor made from the material of his lantern, the flame

from which he had taken inside himself. For nostalgic reasons more than

anything else he wears a green domino mask similar to that once worn by Hal Jordan.

Personality/Role Playing/History: Lantern is very aloof and distant. In

fact, if the time is before Kingdom Come, he's up there in orbit and

probably won't have much interaction with anyone else. GL is a bit too

powerful, in my opinion, to be given over to player characters, but post-KC

he may provide the GM with a wonderful deus-ex-lantern plot device.

Alan's daughter, Jade, survived the events of Kingdom Come, but his son, Obsidian, apparently did not. What impact this will have on Alan in the long run is unknown.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chronos said;

Doc's sheet has appeared. Looks good except for him costing a negative 8 thousand hero points.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hahha.. everyone has a negative cost.. the program I used to make it up starts at 0. Hero points are what is used instead of xp in that system. That negative cost is how many hero (experiance) points you are worth.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Allison said;

Holy cow. Allison only has negative 5900 or so!

Meep.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chronos said;

And Superman is buildable for a few hundred. I get the feeling that skills are expensive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

actually Doc, Supes is worth like 14600. The value you see is left over points based on what he was given at start and earned in living.

Largely it depends on the hero point ruleset the storyteller decids to use, but yes, skills are expensive in DC, At least as costly as some low level powers. I also took the liberties with many of your character shhet and created the skills needed.

DC also, if you have not noticed, has very little skills that the characters really use. Even Lex Luthor and the Star Labs main guy have only a half dozen skills. DC was very broad int heir skills sets... if you were skilled at Lab Chemistry, a science subskill, you also defaulted in quantum and temporal physics at a mere -1 AP. This would be like taking Academics/Chemistry and 4 dots and getting temporal physics at the same level for free.

If I were to make or remake all the DC characters, their worth would likely go up by around 1200 HP's in skills as I would be more specificly describe each skill.

Archived